How is enh shaman in 1v1 pvp?

85 Undead Priest

I am thorn between lvlin my priest or shaman, I have always loved enh shaman but they died toooo fast im wotlk, how are enh now? how they fare vs warrior and rogues 1v1? hell vs any class 1v1?
I am talking about world pvp and bgs in 1v1 situations, I hated dyin to a rogue and warrior in wotlk

Thx
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
any enh shamans who pvp?
or all pvp shamans goin resto?
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
well i can take pretty much anything solo atm except for rogues after they took cleansing totem they are a pain
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
So enh is still a free hk to rogues?, how about OP warriors?
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
I don't find rogues a free hk at all, actually... they're a lot easier than they used to be.
To me, most of the classes are give or take for enhancement, although a good warlock and a good dk would make me work for a win.
Besides that, whether you win or lose depends on how good you are, and how good your opponent is. :P And enhancement isn't the easiest class to master, I'm pretty scrubby myself compared to a lot of PvPers.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
We talkin similar gear/skill on both players
meanin a rogue with similar skill/gear will always beat an enh shaman when the rogue gets the opener, as it should since they have stealth
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
Were you asking us how it is or are you telling us how it is?
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
hell vs any class 1v1?

I tend to have a hard time with Enchancement Shammans (Fire Mage 9/31/1). Without their wolves it's 50/50. Unfortunately, nearly every fight I'm in with an Enchacement Shamman they use their Spirit Wolves.

With two stuns, speed buff to the wolves and Shamman, and the ability to break Frost Nova, these guys are hard to take on.
Edited by Shiro on 1/3/2011 4:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Enhance 1v1 is the best :D

-Shadow priest are easy, they go very quickly

-Warlocks are a challenge, really need to be at top of your game and cleanse with sham rage appropriately

-Haven't battled any GREAT warriors, but the key is kiting

-Fought rogues the most. Run and kite when he dismantles you, them come back and kick his face. Spirit Walkers Grace can make or break this battle. *Melee in general, kite kite kite

-Beat Holy Pallies a few times 1v1. Had to blow bloodlust for it though (don't usually use in duels.) Don't forget Hex is almost like a stun, opponent can't do anything while he is in it. I let the searing flames stack up while he's hexed and purge anything he has on then unload.

-Mage is VERY easy, got caught 1v1 in arena with mages 3 times. They poly me, and go eat and drink. We start again on even playing field. Mage continues to poly, RoF, and invisibility b/c he can't keep us rooted/snared.

My arena partner is feral and we duel a lot. Equally geared he can't beat me. The key is to keep ur cool and burst him down as soon as possible so he will try to heal or go bear. He will eventually try to go caster form and heal. I save my maelstrom 5 stack so I can hex him as soon as he does, then I can heal/purge/build up searing flames :D

Really just having trouble with Dk...

Sad to say that I've just realized the power of binding spirit walk instead of letting wolves auto cast it... Now I shall be unstoppable

Spirit Walk + Spirit Walkers Grace = Come catch me bro
Reply Quote
After much dueling outside of org against both skilled and unskilled players I have come to the conclusion that enhance is very strong against everything besides:

- Rogues willing to pop cooldowns. The success rate of winning against rogues depends on how many CDs they are willing to pop.

- Hunters (good ones who actually know how to kite)

- Fire mages can be rough but manage to beat most without wolves, if needed wolves provide a win most of the time.

- Demo and afflic locks.

- Warriors if they can get you low within the throwdown, which is most geared ones. Otherwise kiting = win.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
01/04/2011 1:52 AMPosted by Skwonkee
After much dueling outside of org against both skilled and unskilled players I have come to the conclusion that enhance is very strong against everything besides:

- Rogues willing to pop cooldowns. The success rate of winning against rogues depends on how many CDs they are willing to pop.

- Hunters (good ones who actually know how to kite)

- Fire mages can be rough but manage to beat most without wolves, if needed wolves provide a win most of the time.

- Demo and afflic locks.

- Warriors if they can get you low within the throwdown, which is most geared ones. Otherwise kiting = win.

Yeah, rogues that go all out on me are my only real issue. Well, that an unholy DKs that are good with their selfheals.

Any and all mages are a cakewalk. Casters in general, really. I never have a problem with Warlocks, just need liberal useage of grounding, shear, hex, and tremor. And by that, I mean ALWAYS drop tremor after another earth totem, regardless of other abilities.

I don't know if I've never fought a good hunter, but I've never fought a hunter that's been able to kite me. I've never fought anything that's been able to kite me.
Reply Quote
83 Orc Shaman
I would love to answer that. I fought only a few people. An i kicked there butts. It was a good test of who had decent gear and skill. Frankly i out damage everyone in the raid normally.

However.

After a period of time they start hacking.Once the hacking starts i just get a screenshot and report them. I have a long report time on my sever so it could take days before a Blue see's my Ticket.But from what i saw. 1v1. As Enhancement as you asked. You should completely dominate any class in the game. No exceptions.

One thing though.

You need to stay on Death knights. They deal slightly more damage than you.Your best bet is to get in close on them and just blow every cooldown your have. including Magma then spam Fire Nova. Also. I did this dual wielding and i used a 2 handed axe. Both were successful.The 2 hand weapon killed them faster than dual wield thou.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
I think we're alright.
Spirit walker's Grace can make or break several fights. If you get low, try LoSing while casting it with some heals. Great move.

The ability to move 100% speed w/ ghost wolf is surprisingly useful if you can ulilize it with the right timing. I'm fairly undergeared for PvP (2pc of my set w/2 AH'd Resil gear. Got my JP offhand) and I'm able to hold my own against clearly better geared players.

Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
I havent had ANY losses at 1v1 fights..'yet'. Things could change, but as of right now, I dont have trouble with any class except MAYBE a REALLY good dk..but thats a great big IF he's good. Hell, I've even won 2v1(me being the 1, of course) several times whilst questing in TB. I'd randomly get jumped by an annoying duo, and they'd lose and keep trying, and keep failing..then they just call more people on me.....that is...if I'm not done and outta there :P

ENHANCEMENT SHAMANS ARE BEASTS!
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
i pretty much dominate anyone 1v1 in bgs. i win alot of 1v2's as well. put me in a av tower and you will need 3strong to defeat me!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]