[A] Cohors Praetoria is Recruiting: 25-man

100 Night Elf Druid
Cohors Praetoria is recruiting for 25-man raiding. Specifically we’re looking for:
• Healers
• Ranged DPS
If you deal damage or heal we're interested in talking to you! We'll always consider exceptional melee DPS as well, but unfortunately we just don't have room for tanks at this time. (Although if you're a very skilled tank who's willing to make the switch to DPS or healing, please consider applying.)

Cohors was founded on Vek at the start of The Burning Crusade. Since that time we have raided continuously and successfully, including:
- Cleared all TBC content from T4 through T6 and Sunwell Plateau.
- Cleared all of the T7 content and completed Heroic: Glory of the Raider
- Cleared Ulduar and completed Heroic: Glory of the Ulduar Raider and downed Alglaon.
- Cleared ToC and ToGC (Tribute to Insanity)
- Cleared Heroic Ruby Sanctum
- Cleared Heroic Icecrown Citadel

During Cataclysm our goal is the same as TBC and WLK – to clear all of the 25-man content at our own pace. Currently we are:
- 8/13 T11 Heroic
- 6/7 T12 Heroic
- 2/8 T13 Heroic

See http://www.wowtrack.org/guild.lua/US/Vek'nilash/Cohors%20Praetoria for more detailed kill information.

Our raiding times are Tue/Wed/Thu/Sun from 7pm to 10pm server time (12h / week, maximum) – invites go out at 6:45pm server time.

Cohors is primarily composed of adults – people with jobs, some with families, kids, etc. We’re busy with real life too so we are respectful of your time by starting and ending raids on time and being efficient while we’re zoned in. We almost never go past 10pm server time (besides the occasional 9:58pm just-one-last-boss-pull) and we pay for repairs, assist with consumables, enchants, resist gear, etc. We hash out boss strategies on our forums so we spend less time doing it in-game. In general the goal is to be effective and efficient while raiding and at the same time have fun and not take ourselves too seriously.

If Cohors sounds like a place you’d like to play, then we’d like to hear from you. Almost every single player who has joined has found a long-term home with us - I can count on one hand the number of players in the last five years who have left our guild to play WoW someplace else, and even the people who understandably take a break from the game frequently stop in again to say hello or raid once more. If you’re looking for a stable guild that will clear all of the 25-man content in Cataclysm and beyond, then you should look us up. We're looking for players who want a place to call home for a long time to come.

For more information or to put in an application go to http://www.cohorspraetoria.com/, or find Treibh or Ahti in-game.
Edited by Treibh on 1/19/2012 7:23 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
We're still looking at applications ... come talk with us!

So far in our first week of 25-mans we're 4/6 in Blackwing Descent and 2/4 in Bastion of Twilight.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
We've ended our first week 5/6 in Blackwing Descent and 2/4 in Bastion of Twilight (all 25-man).

Come visit us at http://www.cohorspraetoria.com/ and talk to us about joining!
Reply Quote
3 Orc Shaman
Treibh, can you tell ahti to stop being such a slacker and start up with those big posts he would always do on the homepage of the guild site, i liked reading them.

please and thank you <3
Reply Quote
94 Draenei Shaman
Looking for a healer! I need another resto shaman who can use the mail healing gear that drops instead of being DE'd when I'm gone, and can laugh at me when no mail healing gear drops when I'm there! Oh, or an OP holy paladin:(
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Can I auto-follow and collect loot while I do papers?
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Oh hi!
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Look Fiora, there IS someone who prefers Ahti's website updates!
Reply Quote
3 Orc Shaman
01/14/2011 5:53 AMPosted by Tahetar

its the only reason anyone goes to the website obvs.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Bad
PANJRR!!!!!
KALEIII ):
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
wtf Nak, why do I get a sad face?!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Nak prob just don't like you no more. I prob get sadfaces now too.
Reply Quote
3 Orc Shaman
you get nothing
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
:(
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
I'm not going to ask what I get because I know the answer :(
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Just a note that we're still recruiting - looking at healer and ranged DPS applications. Having better height perception than me on Al'akir phase 3 is a bonus ;)
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
01/14/2011 5:53 AMPosted by Tahetar

I think some people just don't realize that a different person was actually doing the way better updates! Have to give Ahti some credit though, his updates are getting less feeble ;)
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Bad
I HEARD YOU GUYS NEED MEH RIGHT?
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Rogue
We need some more healers and ranged dps. At any rate visit the web site for a front page update!

http://cohorspraetoria.com/forum/portal.php
Edited by Khill on 2/4/2011 3:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Just a note that we're still looking at applications - as Khill says ranged DPS and healer applications will be given strong consideration.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]