How can people learn?

86 Worgen Mage
On the internet there are webpages like EJ or Wowpedia.org
What they do is they teach you encounters and classes.
Use all the tools at your disposal. I would have figured anyone in the internet era would have looked there first before long conversations with random people who just want to get a dungeon done.
Seriously, how long have we had google now?
85 Draenei Shaman
The fact of the matter is if we keep having a rude and unfriendly game, we won't have much of a game to play soon. It is after all a social game based on teamwork. This aspect of the game is out of blizzard's hand for the most part.....yes they can ban the ones breaking the rules but its the players job to setup our community.

What type of community do you want?
85 Draenei Priest
I feel sorry for everyone who is wading through the PUG wasteland. I really urge you all to FRIEND those good people you meet, try to do something with them again, form connections, and who knows, form a guild together.

I also really hope that Blizzard won't pander to the lowest common denominator. Pugs suck, but they should not define the game. People should L2P.
15 Blood Elf Paladin
I will stand by my earlier comment that any outside sources, such as websites, are completely useless if the lessons they teach are not positively reinforced in game.

It is the communities responsibility to be that reinforcement.

Players can learn Dungeons the same way we did. Once upon a time we were all noobs. If you don't want to return the favor by helping a newer player out, than que in with guildies or friends.
85 Draenei Shaman
01/06/2011 8:57 PMPosted by Dekadron
I feel sorry for everyone who is wading through the PUG wasteland. I really urge you all to FRIEND those good people you meet, try to do something with them again, form connections, and who knows, form a guild together.

I also really hope that Blizzard won't pander to the lowest common denominator. Pugs suck, but they should not define the game. People should L2P.

The LFD will play a big factor in defining the game for new players. Most people don't start playing wow and jump right into a big friendly guild. You have to solo for awhile and get to know folk. Mostly you got to know people by grouping for instances with them. If you played well and people liked you then you often got an invite to a guild. Those days are gone

With LFD you are thrown in with randoms from other servers that even if you had a good experience you very likely will never see them again. Guilds that use to run with a pug as a well to find new members are less likely to do so now as well.

Its sad that the new players really do get the shaft with LFD
85 Human Paladin
People have always acted this way in pretty much every multiplayer game that allows anonymity. As the WoW community grew larger it of course got worse. If Blizzard ever implemented solo dungeoning where you were given an NPC group to help you I think I would delete the chat window and live happily ever after.
85 Draenei Paladin
just read a few posts and to you op, i wouldnt treat you like that because i want a successful group to get loots with. for instance, first time in throne of the tides, i asked for any tips and all i got was "watch for water on the floor, i makes you dead." now i pass that on anytime i get into a group just cause i dont want to fail. unfortunately wow is full, and i mean chucked full of idiots and morons who dont respect anyone and nerd-rage at people who dont know new encounters. makes me sad :( and i feel for you op.
86 Worgen Mage
Eh, posted twice. My b
Edited by Invíctus on 1/6/2011 9:13 PM PST
86 Worgen Mage
01/06/2011 9:01 PMPosted by Vain
I will stand by my earlier comment that any outside sources, such as websites, are completely useless if the lessons they teach are not positively reinforced in game.

I'm expected to know Cho'gals fight for when we engage him.
I'm expected to watch videos and read strategy guides and do everything I can to prepare for him.
I do so and it teaches me enough that I'm not scrambling once inside the fight.

Someone should not complain about lack of information when there is a ready supply of it on the internet.
90 Night Elf Druid
In the spirit of helping new people I found the Yogcast Videos very helpful. It's the guide i used when i was doing Cataclysm Dungeon Hero. They have made a video for every boss fight and would recommend watching it before stepping into a new heroic.

http://www.youtube.com/user/BlueXephos
Edited by Cringèr on 1/6/2011 9:09 PM PST
85 Draenei Shaman
01/06/2011 8:59 PMPosted by Ashtin
The fact of the matter is if we keep having a rude and unfriendly game, we won't have much of a game to play soon. It is after all a social game based on teamwork. This aspect of the game is out of blizzard's hand for the most part.....yes they can ban the ones breaking the rules but its the players job to setup our community.

What type of community do you want?

I've asked this question of myself many times when i see these rude people on here. And I always come back to the same answer. Apparently they enjoy having a rude and spiteful community because if anything better was desired things would change. And yes you are right if we keep having a rude and unfriendly game people will start leaving and go play elsewhere rather than put up with this kind of behavior from players.

I think on of the major problems is that the game has too many players and its hard to keep order.
100 Human Mage
01/06/2011 9:07 PMPosted by Invíctus

I'm expected to know Cho'gals fight for when we engage him.
I'm expected to watch videos and read strategy guides and do everything I can to prepare for him.
I do so and it teaches me enough that I'm not scrambling once inside the fight.

Someone should not complain about lack of information when there is a ready supply of it on the internet.

You are expected to know this by your guild. You can't place your guilds expectations upon other people. They didn't join your guild and are not bound by your guilds expectations in any way shape or form.
15 Blood Elf Paladin
They do not have to be reinforced in game for you to understand what you're going up against.
I've never done Cho'gal but I understand how to do the fight based off of videos and strategy guides on wowpedia.
I'm expected to know his fight for when we engage him, and if someone is complaining about a lack of information that can readily get their hands on..

My earlier comments regarding positive reinforcement in game are in reference to the new players.

If you are preparing for the Cho'gal encounter, you are obviously not a "noob".

Best of luck on your future kill.
85 Human Mage
01/06/2011 8:31 AMPosted by Polymorpher
wowhead.com
tankspot.com
wowwiki.com

The internet has much better resources for learning than in game.

There are also guild runs
Your guild should be helping you progress in the game. If they are not, find one that will
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]