Health pools

(Locked)

85 Undead Rogue
Now, I know I'm not one to speak with complete facts. I am a player that came to the game meh roughly middle of Wrath. This is just a few thoughts of my own, no need to call out any points that you dislike just merely say that you don't support it. This is just a comparison of health pools and a suggestion to stop us from reaching around 1m HP in an Expansion or two away.

Health pools, Classic->Burning Crusade->Wrath of the Lich King->Cataclysm.

In classic, I've seen some videos on youtube* that have health pools of tanks(using tanks as an example since they are the highest health pools) around 5-6k. maybe 7k although I don't remember seeing that. That was tough stuff to take down. Bosses were hard as god knows what**, Dps wasn't even over 2k(guessing on that, but most likely true). In the end, Classic health pools were scaled quite nicely for the 60 level cap at the time.

In Burning Crusade, Health pools for tanks at the end of 2.4(Sunwell Patch) was roughly 15-20k, From what I hear from friends that have played then... 20k being the really high end T6 geared tanks fully buffed. easy enough, Health pools weren't outrageously huge being that it was 20k Absolute maximum.

In Wrath of the Lich King, Tanks at the beginning of Wrath had 20-30k. Although at the end the Stamina on Gear must of skyrocketed because end of Wrath we were looking at 50-60k unbuffed, buffed I don't even know... because we had buffs in the main raid at the time, ICC, unless you removed it. either way the health in comparison has jumped up to a huge amount from 70-80. The Raids have shown an increase too, It's not just the players health pools go up and the Raids don't. I'm not saying that, Just hear out the rest.

In Cataclysm, I've played almost a month in Cataclysm. Reached cap, Have almost 100k Myself for being as poorly geared as I am. The amount of health our tanks have is Stupidly amazing, I'm talking about 150k+. Everyone who played back in Burning Crusade and come back to the game for Cataclysm will have their jaw drop off of their face. They probably heard about stamina balance in the game to "keep PvP at high levels balanced" or just to keep it so they can copy->paste every stamina number on other gear. Who knows? Anyways, I'm saying that health pools have SKYROCKETED***, Something needs to be done before we reach the 500k Mark...

Note: I know the Damage output of pretty much all classes was also super upped... but It doesn't stop the health pools from growing even further.

Secondary note: It'll take a long time to do my suggestion if it was brought up, I'm not worried about that... I just am suggesting it for a thought not a "FOR SURE THIS IDEA WILL GET IMPLEMENTED!!!" idea

Suggestion: Scale the health pools like back in Classic WoW <Level 1-60> Instead of having 512 stamina(or whatever the number is on T11) have less than before... Look at this...

Health(the short version)
6k max <Classic>
20k max <BC>
60k max <WotLK>
??? max <Cataclysm>*

Who knows what the end Cataclysm raid tank health pools are going to be. probably 300k+ minimum... my suggestion is to stop the growth of the health to an outrageous number...

Health(my version)
3-4k <Classic capped 60>
9-10k <BC capped 70>
18-20k <WotLK capped 80>
30-32k <cataclysm capped>
note: With my version of the health pools we can one-shot the tanks at cataclysm levels...
no... That's not how this works, Blizzard scales the health AND the damage to appropriate levels, Even though it would take an ENTIRE expansion pack to implement this change... I'm not pushing towards it just suggesting it as I said before...

I'll edit and add to it as I see fit, Thanks for your time.
-Willix-
85 Goblin Death Knight
Err why?
90 Human Death Knight
Too late, I've already seen tanks with 800k+ health xD
Too late, I've already seen tanks with 800k+ health xD

This is 2 years old, did you really have to necro it...
81 Night Elf Hunter
BUMP........And hell yes I think this is a valid point. This is part of the problem with the game now days they are moving number to fast and make the game to easy.
90 Tauren Warrior

In classic, I've seen some videos on youtube* that have health pools of tanks(using tanks as an example since they are the highest health pools) around 5-6k. maybe 7k although I don't remember seeing that. That was tough stuff to take down. Bosses were hard as god knows what**, Dps wasn't even over 2k(guessing on that, but most likely true). In the end, Classic health pools were scaled quite nicely for the 60 level cap at the time.

In Burning Crusade, Health pools for tanks at the end of 2.4(Sunwell Patch) was roughly 15-20k, From what I hear from friends that have played then... 20k being the really high end T6 geared tanks fully buffed. easy enough, Health pools weren't outrageously huge being that it was 20k Absolute maximum.

In Wrath of the Lich King, Tanks at the beginning of Wrath had 20-30k. Although at the end the Stamina on Gear must of skyrocketed because end of Wrath we were looking at 50-60k unbuffed, buffed I don't even know... because we had buffs in the main raid at the time, ICC, unless you removed it. either way the health in comparison has jumped up to a huge amount from 70-80. The Raids have shown an increase too, It's not just the players health pools go up and the Raids don't. I'm not saying that, Just hear out the rest.

Classic, it depends on the tier of content and the class/race. Tauren had 5% extra HP that scaled with gear. Figure 3,800 - 5,600 HP with Locks and Warriors being on the high end of that. Tanks somewhere between 6-8.5K depending on progression and race. Really good DPS, talking T3 Combat Rogues was around 1,200'ish. Your typical average joe raider, 400-800 depending on progression.

Burning Crusade the Tauren extra 5% HP scaling with gear was still in the game. High end late in the expansion you might see a Tauren MT raid buffed with 24K. Average was closer to 17-18K for joe tank. DPS HP was closer to 9-12, DPS north of 2-2.5K wasn't terribly common. The really important thing about tank HP at the time is that Tanks had a lot more avoidance, tons more. T6 Warrior tanks in the 70-80% pure avoidance (dodge, parry, miss) range were not uncommon.

Wrath health inflation had a lot to do with a sort of dumbing down of tanking to "who has the most HP!?!" contests. It was dumb. Your typical tank gemmed pure stamina in every slot they could. It didnt' really matter though because there were only a couple of encounters in that entire expansion where boss damage gave tanks a good workout.

What you seem to be getting at is that gear scaling is just reached the silly stage even going from Cataclysm to MoP. I think that is a fair accusation even if it isn't the most important issue.
Edited by Kolben on 9/22/2013 10:45 PM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]