Keep getting an error while trying to upgrade

(Locked)

85 Undead Hunter
An error has occurred.

To complete this transaction, please contact Blizzard Customer Support. Alternatively, you may select another form of payment.

This is when I select the discount with Cata/Wotlk/BC.

What's going on?
89 Undead Priest
What were you using to pay with? PayPal, credit card, etc.?
85 Undead Hunter
Debit card. I bought Vanilla WoW easily with it and it has money in it for this.
85 Blood Elf Priest
See... ive been having the same problem trying to purchuse my wow game time. Never had an issue before ... and it's been giving me a hard time. Clearly the blizzard support isn't aware that the issue is affecting more than one person and they should know. I called them 3 times today. and spent the entire day on the phone with my credit card companies.

Made a brand new account from a completely different computer... and got the same error using another card.
Support Forum Agent
01/02/2011 11:57 PMPosted by Sellout
An error has occurred.

To complete this transaction, please contact Blizzard Customer Support. Alternatively, you may select another form of payment.

This is when I select the discount with Cata/Wotlk/BC.

What's going on?

Unfortunately, beyond just a few very basic trouble-shooting steps, this is all in Billing's jurisdiction.

I also wouldn't attempt this too many times. Pending charges could be generated that can reduce your available credit line/balance until they clear. That's pretty common on internet transactions and how fast they would clear (if they exist) is determined by your financial institution.

The only recommend I can really give is to try clearing your cookies/cache - or trying another browser. If this should be a browser issue, that usually rectifies it.

Again, I wouldn't try multiple times - but instead contact our Billing department for further assistance.

Billing and Account Services
Phone Support - 1 (800) 59-BLIZZ (1 (800) 592 5499)
Live Representatives Available 7 days a week, 7am to 8pm Pacific Time

Canada 1-800-592-5499
    United States 1-800-592-5499

We have also provided the following numbers for our international customers:

Argentina 0800-333-0778
    Australia 1-800-041-378
    Chile 1230-020-5554
    Mexico 001-888-578-7628
    New Zealand 1-800-452-520 - 7AM - 5PM NZST

Further contact information can be found here...

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/932934085
85 Blood Elf Priest
The billing department is clueless to the fact that something is wrong with the Blizzard store ... They will try saying the card isn't accepted.. Or that its not valid... or that its not supported... BUT if it its not supported why could one use it before? Why could it attempt actions on the card earlier but not now? or yesterday but not today?

In order of how it is working right now...

Card Information Entered>Press Ok>Make sure order is ok> Press ok> BAM! Magical force-field deflects information back > Card remains untouched and no acknowledgment that the card was attempted on>Error Message..

That magic force-field preventing credit card readings from the blizzard store needs to go away >.<
This error keeps happening to me too. but i'm just trying to upgrade from stock to burning crusad. it's gets weirder casue iTunes and stema both take my card fine along with 7-eleven. I hope this is sorted out fast.
BUMP!

90 Blood Elf Priest
Fot, read the blue post that answered the question already and do not necro old threads to bump them.
Community Manager
03/19/2011 4:58 PMPosted by Flatspriest
Fot, read the blue post that answered the question already and do not necro old threads to bump them.

Indeed.

Locking to prevent any further confusion.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]