How do I cancel my battle.net and wow account

(Locked)

90 Undead Warlock
Quick question

How do I cancel my battle.net account and world of warcraft accounts? I have no need for this game anymore and am very unhappy with the service. I have tried to cancel my subscription via my battle.net account page and the icon does not show up when I click onto my current game ID. I don't really want to spend 45 minutes on hold calling blizzard from Australia. can anyone help me?

I am the original owner and creator of both the battle.net and world of warcraft account.
MVP - Customer Support
100 Tauren Druid
If your subscription is about to be charged, the option to cancel it will be temporarily unavailable.

In that case, calling is your only option, if you do not wish to be charged.
90 Undead Warlock
I update game time via prepaid time cards. I still have time left on it could that be why its not working?
85 Night Elf Druid
I update game time via prepaid time cards. I still have time left on it could that be why its not working?

Very likely.

If you're only using game time cards, and don't have a credit card attached for recurring payment, there is nothing to cancel. When your current time card runs out, that's it. The account will be frozen from now until eternity if you so wish it.
01/03/2011 6:13 PMPosted by Bankofflasks

No
90 Undead Warlock
I just want the accounts completely gone. Really over the game. Not only that I keep getting emails from hacking companies trying to get me to go to dodgy sites. I kinda figure as well once I cancel all ties to blizzard and battle.net that will stop.
Edited by Bankofflasks on 1/3/2011 6:23 PM PST
MVP
86 Night Elf Priest
01/03/2011 6:13 PMPosted by Bankofflasks

As Owlet mentioned, there is no subscription to cancel if you use prepaid cards and simply not adding more time will cause it to expire naturally when the time runs out, putting it into a Frozen state.

To add to that, there isn't any way to Cancel and get reimbursed for the remaining time or save the remaining time for later when you wish to renew.

You can "Cancel" and send your message to Blizzard why using https://www.worldofwarcraft.com/account/cancel-account.html. That won't stop the game time, but lets you provide a brief "why" as to your reason for cancelling. (I remember the box lets you type more, but needs to be either 250 or 500 characters or less for the Cancel to be successful.)

One last thing, criminal account thieves do sometimes gain access to inactive / frozen accounts. If your account is compromised and you come back more than a few (three or so) months later, you might not be able to have a full restoration done. For this reason, even if your current intent is to never come back to WOW, it is highly advisable to make sure the account is secure.

That can be as simple as making sure the computer you're on is clean then doing a password reset and setting it to something you use nowhere else. Or you can go further and create a special email address and set up Parental Controls with no available play time. Checking your Battle.Net email / account management once in a while to be sure no activity has occurred can be good too.
MVP
86 Night Elf Priest
01/03/2011 6:23 PMPosted by Bankofflasks
I just want the accounts completely gone. Really over the game. Not only that I keep getting emails from hacking companies trying to get me to go to dodgy sites. I kinda figure as well once I cancel all ties to blizzard and battle.net that will stop.

Actually, you won't stop getting the phishing emails. You can report them all to your email provider or even filter them direct to the trash, but the criminals who send them don't care if you have an account or not - they send to any live emails they can get and once on a spam list, you're on until the emails bounce (you close it on your end).
85 Night Elf Druid
I just want the accounts completely gone.

Unfortunately, there is no way that I'm aware of to do that. Frozen is as good as it gets. Only other thing you could try is either Parental Control lock it down, or change your password to gibberish you'll never remember. Then it's gone for good unless you want to jump through a bunch of loopholes.

Not only that I keep getting emails from hacking companies trying to get me to go to dodgy sites. I kinda figure as well once I cancel all ties to blizzard and battle.net that will stop.

This is sadly not the case. Phishers will try any and every e-mail they can get their hands on. Case in point, my e-mails I use solely for my battle.net account logins? No phishing e-mails ever. My e-mail that's been out in the public domain since 1996 but has no ties to WoW at all? Gets the WoW phishes (and Bank of America, and Paypal, and European Lotto, and Nigerian Princes).

Phishers are just hoping for a bite, and once they have your e-mail, you're in their sights. :\
90 Undead Warlock
I'm not really bothered if the account gets hacked if its "frozen". I am 100% done with wow. I will not have time to play as of next month and I really don't see the point in having them. All I really want to do is remove my email account that is affiliated with Blizzard and Battle.net.
90 Undead Warlock
So Owl your saying I cannot just get my accounts completely erased with ease?
MVP
86 Night Elf Priest
01/03/2011 6:29 PMPosted by Bankofflasks
I'm not really bothered if the account gets hacked if its "frozen". I am 100% done with wow. I will not have time to play as of next month and I really don't see the point in having them. All I really want to do is remove my email account that is affiliated with Blizzard and Battle.net.

Best way you could do that is to create a brand new email address and change it on your Battle.Net account management page. Blizzard and Battle.Net will no longer be affiliated with the old email. HOWEVER, the phishers won't know the difference, so you'll still get all their faked Blizzard emails. (In fact, the new email is likely to be cleaner.)
85 Night Elf Druid
All I really want to do is remove my email account that is affiliated with Blizzard and Battle.net

Oh that's super easy! :) Just make a dummy e-mail that you'll never check, log into battle.net's account management, and select "change primary account e-mail". That not only changes the e-mail communication is sent to, but the login e-mail as well. Your current e-mail will no longer be associated at all; the dummy e-mail will.

85 Night Elf Druid
So Owl your saying I cannot just get my accounts completely erased with ease?

That's correct. Blizzard never erases accounts, even banned ones.

The ONLY loophole I'm aware of is if you had created the account within the last 30 days, then you could reject the ToS, return the discs to the store, and call Billing to let them know you rejected it. However, since you've very, very likely had the account longer than that, they won't get rid of it.

Sorry! :(
90 Undead Warlock
well thats an Idea I shall try. If I don't post back on here it means I have changed over the account to a dummy email. Thanks for the help and advice if I don't reply. And yeah sad to stop playing wow but real life career comes over a game :) Thanks guys/girls
46 Troll Shaman
Thanks guys, I just did the same.
Support Forum Agent
This thread is from January and didn't need to be necroed, Xenlez.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]