Ten mans are Tee Ball.

90 Troll Druid
FYI both Straz and myself were in EG... we know the history of it and her better then I.

To touch on this...

I'm not attacking any guild.
Whatever is going on between you and T or EG and Seven I don't personally care about.
The reason I got involved is the simple fact of guilds in normal acting like they are super cool kids when they are in normal mode or if you want to be all technical about it "scouts" for Hard modes or where it actually matters.

See normal is for anyone to do but only the hard modes will separate the talented from the non.

If you also really want to debate things the smartest thing to do (if 10's are really easier) would be knock out the 10 man version so you could open up heroics and do the 25's.

At least, that's what I would do if I were still pushing for top end progression.
If gear is the next excuse or concern then I'd say make that two 10 mans or even 3.

<3
Edited by Angrydruid on 1/5/2011 10:56 AM PST
Reply Quote
4 Troll Hunter
01/05/2011 10:21 AMPosted by Aracela
History, EG was world ranked in Vanilla back when raiding was hard. Many of the die hard members still are around today, and yes, the guild has fallen on hard times, but give it to the leadership to never give up and constantly bring back the guild with solid, experienced players and a like-minded affinity for doing hard content and doing it to the best of their ability.

From someone who raided in Vanilla. Vanilla raid was never ever hard. The only thing that made it hard was getting together 40 people and we didn't have spreadsheets/addons that tell us what is the best setup like we do now. Had we had them back during Vanilla it would've just been as easy as it is now.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
01/05/2011 10:21 AMPosted by Aracela
And, you silly, silly druid, if you've read the thread, we made the choice to NOT do full clears on 10 mans. We're a 25 man guild and we raid in a 25 man format whenever possible.

Exactly. So the attitude that both of you have of "herp derp 10 mans are easy" when you haven't even cleared normal mode is completely laughable. Like Angry said I have no problem with EG/Dag or you, for that matter. But acting arrogant and disdainful of a guild that's an entire three bosses ahead of you simply because you are using 25 people instead of their 10...really? *#!!! please.

And as Angry said (<3 btw) I am intimately familiar with the history of EG...which is how I know that it's not the same guild it used to be and hasn't been for a while. I have a hell of a lot of respect for the guild's history (I was there for a large chunk of it) so please, save your stones until AFTER you've moved out of the glass house. Just a thought :)
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I dunno, i'm the GM of a 25-m raiding guild and there's a lot of our raiders who care about 10-man server rankings, but I don't because there's no way we can compete giving gear to more than our 10 people and basically re-progressing on content we killed weeks ago.

I basically used the rankings to recruit based on for a while, but now that we're raiding 25-mans, it seems much more useful to talk about our 25-man server rank than our 10-m server rank.

Frankly, I think it depends on the fight on their difficulty--as well as the strategy you use.

In 10-man with two tanks, with found Halfrus to be much harder than our current 25-man strategy. We just bring as many tanks as there are drakes and faceroll down Halfrus. Seems far easier.

Other fights, such as Atramedes require more finesse from all raiders--making these encounters slightly more difficult.

If I had to say though, i'd say 25-mans are undertuned if you could ensure your 10-man player skill in them, as enrage timers are longer, allowing you to basically stack tanks, who already do retarded high DPS.

I want 25-mans to be harder because if you have 25 good players they are basically a joke.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I just got back from work

can't we all just get along

can someone make me a lunch for tomorrow
Reply Quote
1 Undead Priest
8/12 this week in 25 man not "10 man tee ball"

How did EG do this past week? Hey if you guys want I know some good 10 man guilds that might merge to you to "bolster your ranks" as you say. Honestly next time you talk smack back it up, or else you'll just make yourself and your guild look like ... what was wording you used? Third rate? /shrug

Oh right and yeah 10 mans are tee ball...and stuff

nice exactly what i wanted to point out except you did it better
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Muh guild will be focusing on the Tee Ballz... we like duh ballz ya know they iz like so much fun and stuff.

We iz hope that r skilz levels is high enough to do raidz.
I r reel serious bout dis.

Purlease guide muh guld in kilz.

pewpewppewppepwpewpepwpepwpewpepwpepweppwepwe
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
:)

Why thank you kind sir, but our guild doesn't need ugly dk's like yourself. Perhaps you should try making a guild of your own where you and your followers can dance around and hold hands singing happy songs and playing with bunnies.

Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
As funny as I find all this drama, people on here need to chill out. There's nothing wrong with healthy competition but seriously can you make Detheroc look any worse. I also find it funny how forum trolls are now trying to moderate our forums. You guys used to be funny.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I think some people just take things too serious really.

:P

When it comes to me you can generally tell when I'm being serious and when I'm just joking around.

If you read my first post regarding both the threads that were related to this I also agreed that the shiz talk should be taken to tells or something.

In any case it wasn't really guild on guild or something to that extent but two people in two guilds had some sort of issue with each other and people took it that way.

I think that's been resolved as this was a dead post for a while.

<3
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
You arent the one I have issues with Blood ;)
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
can someone give me a tl'dr
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
01/12/2011 12:46 PMPosted by Vati
can someone give me a tl'dr

Zomg eg > seven < zomg no it isn't your a man playing woman playing man for loots.
No not u bad ur guild bad > no we show you we good pew pew.

RAWRWRWRWR BLOODRAGE..

no u all bad.. server needs to hug...

(current)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]