RIP Stygo and memorial gardens?

85 Blood Elf Hunter
Just wanted to share a picture of the memorial service that took place this evening. I have it without the text as well, if anyone would like a copy. I wasn't sure who to send this to that's part of Angels of Anarchy, but i'm hoping they see it here.

http://i54.tinypic.com/axihko.jpg

RIP.
Edited by Astheria on 1/4/2011 9:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
89 Blood Elf Paladin
I am speaking atm on behalf of us the Angels of Anarchy saying THANK YOU to ALL WHO SHOWED UP IN SUPPORT OF THE LOSS OF OUR DEAR GUILD LEADER STYGO aka THEA! THEA aka STYGO WAS MY REAL LIFE FREIND AS WELL AS GAME.
We as angels also want to see if we can get people to help suppport a memorial gardens for those of us who lose precious lives due to whatever reason. I would love to see a place of SANCTUARY where for once Horde & Alliance can come together and show that under the skin of our races and factions we are all of the human race in RL and show we cared. If you support this idea as many of you brought to my attention in game whispers please let us know so we can petition Blizzard for this area to be added to the game. A place to go light a candle, place the loved ones name on a list and hold a memorial and celebration of their lives! Too many fight in life everyday to live like the warriors the play in game (class not specific but Stygo had been a warrior in game as well),lets start remembering them now in game! FOR THOSE WE LOVE! ~~~Emeraldisis- One of the GATEKEEPERS of Angels of Anarchy~~~
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
Emeraldisis I think that is a great idea!

It should be a place where you are instantly unflagged from pvp (even in a PVP server), cannot duel, etc.

Big enough to hold a good size group for a memorial, perhaps with chairs or benches that a good number of us could sit on. And some beautiful fountains etc.

I think this would be a great addition to the game. Perhaps put it somewhere like moonglade, there is a lot of unused wilderness there. Or even on it's own little island just off the coast. What a great idea.
Reply Quote
97 Blood Elf Paladin
i think that would be an awesome thing to have em and i really really hope they take your suggestion to heart!
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
i missed the gathering for that, I was at work. My noble respects to AoA guild for the their lost.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
I too was stuck at RL work, but some of my officers went in my stead. As a fellow player on "Team Cancer" (as a friend and I like to call it mockingly), I have to give my condolence, my support and all my love and hugs to all of you. I am very sorry for your loss.

Perhaps such a memorial could be made alongside the existing in-game memorials for programmers and developers who passed away, such as the "Shrine of the Fallen Warrior" in the Barrens? I wish you well in your petition.
Edited by Aglin on 1/5/2011 2:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
I forgot where I found this but if you search a bit on NPCs and some quests. There is a lot of commemoration given to players that died across the years.

I vouch that you should get in contact with Blizzard and ask them if they can implant something to honor this death. I recommend that you write an e-mail directly at Blizzard Administration instead of calling the costumer support to know what could be done regarding this. It was done before and should still able to get done.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
agreed
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I would also love to see a memorial for lost loved ones.
Reply Quote
83 Blood Elf Paladin
I miss my Stygo so very much and believe a tribute should be paid to her. I miss her beauty and love and my heart goes out to those she left behind, I am here for you Boffa. I did send an in-game mail to Blizzard asking for a nod to pay tribute to this heroic woman. The GM was very kind and understanding but offered no solution to what needs to be done for a posting done in the main forums for the world to see how much we loved her. When Emeraldisis read what she had written above I asked she place it in a thread and so happy she was able to do this. Her thoughts are mine and many others who adored Stygo, thank you Emeraldisis.

Emoira Officer angels of anarchy

Final note: I wanted to publicly thank everyone who came to Moonglade and to those that continue to offer their condolences. Thank you!
Edited by Eilika on 1/6/2011 8:35 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
01/06/2011 8:31 AMPosted by Eilika
I miss my Stygo so very much and believe a tribute should be paid to her. I miss her beauty and love and my heart goes out to those she left behind, I am here for you Boffa. I did send an in-game mail to Blizzard asking for a nod to pay tribute to this heroic woman. The GM was very kind and understanding but offered no solution to what needs to be done for a posting done in the main forums for the world to see how much we loved her. When Emeraldisis read what she had written above I asked she place it in a thread and so happy she was able to do this. Her thoughts are mine and many others who adored Stygo, thank you Emeraldisis.

Emoira Officer angels of anarchy

Final note: I wanted to publicly thank everyone who came to Moonglade and to those that continue to offer their condolences. Thank you!
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
My apologies I posted twice. But All my toons feel the same way.

Emoira
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
That is a beautiful picture Astheria!!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
As an officer of angels of anarchy I would like to thank everyone who showed up and even for those who have showed there support. And as a friend of Stygo, I would like to say that she will be greatly missed. She was such an amazing and will never be forgotten especially everytime I go through BRD, the place where we really became friends with hours of runs trying to get one damn item lol. And I too think the memorial gardens would be one amazing place to put in.
Reply Quote
97 Blood Elf Hunter
Thea was not only my GL, But also one of my dearest friends RL. I think this idea is an amazing idea, and would truly be grateful to blizz if they could set this up. Thea was not only a guild leader to those around her but a friend as well. With the number of people who showed up to her memorial service we had for her...it was easy to see that she was loved by many of us. Please if Blizzard could see this as something worth putting in game...that would be wonderful.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
thea it has been a year now and i can still remember the last thing we talked about. me and lungaia miss you deeply ! sleep in peace ! Much <3

David and Tiana
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
i never had the chance to meet you in real life but i felt like ive know you for years the way tiana talked about you ! . kurt no.. BOFFA!!! =D i know that you must have been threw alot but thea is smiling apon you in heaven i miss you hope to get a chance to talk to you agian!

Ninja!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]