Flaming turtle Hunter Pet

90 Troll Druid
I just saw a hunter in the bank have a flaming turtle type pet. Like the big elite wandering around hyjal. He was surv hunter (so not BM for exotic)

So I thought cool, I went to Hyjal and tried to tame it and it is not tamable.

Does anyone know what type of pet it could be.

It is exactly the flaming turtle that is in Hyjal
Edited by Delarious on 1/8/2011 1:29 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
The pet you saw was a different rare spawn pet in Hyjal, try googling petopia. It's an amazingly helpful website for info about pretty much all hunter pets
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
Here ya go buddy

http://www.wow-petopia.com/look/ancientseaturtlefire.html
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Hunter
Terrorpene. Rare spawn from the throne of flame, in the lower level lava with the giants. Good luck taming him, he does 10k every second.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
from what i've heard, he's tough to tame unless you are level 85 and pop rapid fire. or have a healer with you to lay on some hots. it's possible to tame him solo, but you need to have some haste stacked up so that tame pet doesn't take a bajillion years to cast.
Edited by Izuu on 1/8/2011 3:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
01/08/2011 3:19 AMPosted by Izuu
from what i've heard, he's tough to tame unless you are level 85 and pop rapid fire. or have a healer with you to lay on some hots. it's possible to tame him solo, but you need to have some haste stacked up so that tame pet doesn't take a bajillion years to cast.

On the contrary to this, I managed to tame him without use of haste potions or buffs, so it isn't impossible without haste enhancements.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
The other turtule in that zone, Tortolla, is pretty cool too and a replica of him can be easily tamed in Blackfathom Deeps. He has a nice OD green color to him in game.

http://www.wow-petopia.com/look/ancientseaturtle.html
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
01/08/2011 3:41 AMPosted by Bloodshine
On the contrary to this, I managed to tame him without use of haste potions or buffs, so it isn't impossible without haste enhancements.

nice, good to know if i ever decide to go for him. i'm not big on rarespawn hunting though, and since i've got my sweet green scarab beetle.........
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Hunter
84-85 is easy to tame due to the huge health pool. lower levels have a problem and would advise some fire resistance since it's 4x the protection against that dot.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Hunter
if you are doing normal questing, by the time you are 84 you should have enough hp to just stand there and tame him without using any tricks or nonsense
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I just trained him today, I tried getting to the area as often as possible.

I stood there, and got him with about quarter health left.

And what was even better, Ghostcrawler (spirit Beast) I went there and there he was. Great rare pet taming day today.
Edited by Delarious on 1/10/2011 12:50 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
I should say I trained both today, no idea why it posted under my Druid
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
i just tamed him on jaedenar server. took no time at all. and he didnt do THAT much dmg. the toughest part of taming him is finding him. Mounthyjal. upper right corner of throne of flame is where i got him.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
The other turtule in that zone, Tortolla, is pretty cool too and a replica of him can be easily tamed in Blackfathom Deeps. He has a nice OD green color to him in game.

http://www.wow-petopia.com/look/ancientseaturtle.html

Yeah but he has seaweed or some sort of gross slimy looking green stuff hanging off him. Eew! Terrorpene is much cooler.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
You want a prismatic elxir from an alchemist (or buy one on your AH). It will protect you 4x better than normal against his 10k/second channeled fire DoT.

This makes the tame ridiculously easy even for a level 81, if you pop deterrence & rapid fire prior to taming and make sure you've got that elixir up.
Edited by Ärdeth on 2/2/2012 2:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
01/08/2011 03:41 AMPosted by Bloodshine

I did the same. I had about 25% health left when I got him.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
01/08/2011 01:32 AMPosted by Turtlerider
Terrorpene. Rare spawn from the throne of flame, in the lower level lava with the giants. Good luck taming him, he does 10k every second.

Drink a Magic Resist potion.

He only does 6k per second now.

Pop Ancient Hysteria before you try taming and he's tamed before he can do any real damage.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Hunter
01/08/2011 03:41 AMPosted by Bloodshine

Yup, same here.

Tamed him without anything special. Just got to max range and started the tame. Pretty simple.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Honestly don't remember doing anything special for my terrorpene tame, was 85 in a mix of heroic 5 man gear, maybe some of the Zul epics if it was after 4.1.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]