Viewing Completed Quests?

90 Human Mage
Hi

I'm returning to WoW after a long absence, and unfortunately have forgotten what progress I made in various quest chains. Is there any way to view completed quests, either with the standard UI, with an addon, or on the battle.net website Armory?

Thanks,
Sky
Edited by Ystrael on 1/8/2011 2:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
01/08/2011 2:50 PMPosted by Ystrael
Hi

I'm returning to WoW after a long absence, and unfortunately have forgotten what progress I made in various quest chains. Is there any way to view completed quests, either with the standard UI, with an addon, or on the battle.net website Armory?

Thanks,
Sky

If your "long absence" is longer than a month, don't bother. Everything's been changed. Most chains are broken, rearranged or non-existant now.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Hi

Thanks for the info. I tried Completist, but it just seems to show a list of all available quests in a zone, irrespective of whether I have them or have already done them. It has a button to disable showing completed quests, but that button has no effect - a bug, perhaps?
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
01/08/2011 7:49 PMPosted by Amaranthas
Hi

Thanks,
Sky

If your "long absence" is longer than a month, don't bother. Everything's been changed. Most chains are broken, rearranged or non-existant now.

I have been gone for almost 2 years, but looking through Wowiki and WowHead, it seems that most of the quest chains which interested me, or which I had begun, are unchanged.

So I still need a way to see my Quest History or view completed quests.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
01/16/2011 12:46 AMPosted by Ystrael
I have been gone for almost 2 years, but looking through Wowiki and WowHead, it seems that most of the quest chains which interested me, or which I had begun, are unchanged.

So I still need a way to see my Quest History or view completed quests.

Again. Even if you have completed the quest 2 years ago, most EVERYTHING regarding quests has been wiped clean. 1-60 is completely changed and out of the 1,400 quests... you maybe only have "credit" for completing 100 or so. 60-70 is unchanged but for a few Horde quests that are missing and haven't been replaced. 70-80 is unchanged other than giving more xp per quest. 80-85 is completely new.

If you absolutely must see which quests you've done in Hellfire for example, then go to wowhead and look for your character profile. Change the settings per zone and it'll spit out everything. It's not 100% accurate, but close enough to give you an idea.
Reply Quote
56 Troll Priest
Please do not use wowwikki anymore, it does not get updated anymore since Cata. The authors went to www.wowpedia.org. And i found even there some quests which did not get an update yet.
As Amaranthas wrote: In Outland and Northrend nearly all quests are unchanged, chains are perhaps shortened (i recall the Hero of the Maghar Chain because Thrall is not Warchief anymore).
In Kalimdor and EK there are zones where nearly 50- 90% of the quests are new, only the Bloodelf and the Draenai zone did not change.

If you use the Tab achievements in your actionbar and then check quests (or use your armory on us.battle.net) you will see under each zone how many of your quests you did are still counted. From my experience nearly every quest i did with my characters do not show up as i did not succeed to do Loremaster before Cata.

So you will have to do most of the quests for that reason again, even if they did not change.

For quest history i use the addon Quest Completist. it gets very often updated so you have to make sure that you always have the newest version. EveryQuest did not get updated yet since Cata
I would also prefer if there was a Blizzard thing to do that.
Edited by Yedidah on 1/16/2011 1:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
56 Troll Priest
Quest Completist: Did you do a server query? That way the addon learns which quests you already did.
And: Most quests you have to do again, i am sorry. I know that i did some of the quests and i get them again, perhaps because the quest giver changed or the area where the quest giver is.

So check your armory for quest achievements, as i described above and i think a surprise is waiting for you.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Thanks, everyone. I'll try your suggestions.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
01/16/2011 12:46 AMPosted by Ystrael

wowwiki hasn't updated everything since Cata. thanks to the Shattering, nearly everything in Azeroth is different. my recommendation is to empty your quest log & start anew.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]