Stranglethorn Vale Quest line AKA The Raptor

100 Orc Hunter
So if you don't know the quest line I'm talking about, there is a series of quests in STV, northern, where you got yourself a little Lashtail Raptor for your very own! And then it got kidnapped.

*quest line spoilers* (cause its an awesome lot of quests)
Now at the end of the quest line you attempt a rescue which unfortunately fails.

BUT there were hints from people at blizzard that when Cataclysm comes out, this quest was put in at the shattering, there would be a continuation or more quests involving this.

So far, from what I can tell, there isn't. And anyone who has done the quest realises that little raptor is very very important! So i was just wondering if anyone knew anything about this? Like if its coming in another patch or I'm just missing something?
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight
I don't think there's any continuation to that questline yet. I really want my raptor back, too, but if it's going to be important in the future Blizzard hasn't said anything about it.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I was very disappointed to see that these quests just end without resolution. Especially because Blizzard justified the removal of the raid instance for "a new questing area (and potentially a space for future dungeons) rather than an irrelevant instance." (see http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/122664/zulgurub-removal#post21).

Now we just have an irrelevant questing area, used for one raptor/vehicle type quest.

I hope Blizzard still has something in the works for the area, it's very annoying for them to build up expectations about the new ZG quests and then leave them unfinished. My hope would be a new low lvl 5 man elite world instance like the old Jintha'alor (which I still miss).

Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
No I just did that quest line and it ends abruptly with no resolution. the last quest with the mini raptor was fun. This is the final conversation...

Shade of the Hexxer yells: Ain't NO ONE gonna escape Zul'Gurub! Not with Jin'do in charge!
Shade of the Hexxer says: Where you goin', little one?
Shade of the Hexxer says: You tryin' to escape from Zul'Gurub?
Shade of the Hexxer says: You're lucky I don't kill ya right now... but I got bigger plans for ya.
Shade of the Hexxer says: Ya see... to summon Hakkar, I need Mandokir. And Mandokir, he needs you.
Bloodlord Mandokir says: Hello, Ohgan'aka.
Shade of the Hexxer says: Bloodlord, you gonna take better care of your possessions?
Bloodlord Mandokir says: Oh yeah, Jin'do. We gonna take REAL good care of Ohgan'aka.
Bloodlord Mandokir says: I got a new cage built up, and we got plenty of ways to... teach her not to escape again.
Shade of the Hexxer says: Good, Good. And you... yes, you... the meddling worm inside dat Mind Control spell. Don't think Jin'do can't see you.
Shade of the Hexxer yells: Whenever you get the GUTS to come back here, you better be ready. 'Cause Jin'do's got a surprise for you...
Reply Quote
64 Human Hunter
Awesome questline, absolutely loved doing it, but yes the ending was definitely something of a letdown. I want my baby raptor back!
Reply Quote
Agree wholeheartedly. I was mad when it ended and i couldnt save my little buddy. i would like to see a blue or something somewhere that says don't worry we are gonna add more to this soon...can't stand leaving him in the clutches of those fiends D:
Reply Quote
So if you don't know the quest line I'm talking about, there is a series of quests in STV, northern, where you got yourself a little Lashtail Raptor for your very own! And then it got kidnapped.

*quest line spoilers* (cause its an awesome lot of quests)
Now at the end of the quest line you attempt a rescue which unfortunately fails.

BUT there were hints from people at blizzard that when Cataclysm comes out, this quest was put in at the shattering, there would be a continuation or more quests involving this.

So far, from what I can tell, there isn't. And anyone who has done the quest realises that little raptor is very very important! So i was just wondering if anyone knew anything about this? Like if its coming in another patch or I'm just missing something?

Weirdly the quest involving the raptor pet, has nothing to do with getting the pet now.

I got the hatching to drop off fleet master Firallon (not sure of spelling) while grinding goblin rep. It is now either a zone drop or a drop off that mob.

I was sad it wasn't my hycinth parrot, been trying to get one on this toon for years.
Edited by Nowaii on 2/12/2011 4:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
I was really disappointed with this, too. I'm a big fan of ZG, and the story and lore behind it, and the way this quest chain ended felt like... "That's it?"

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's hinting at a future revival of ZG in a new form, which would be sincerely epic... And if not? It's probably going to be the single biggest letdown in all of Cataclysm for me.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Mage
I'm very angry about the end of this quest as well.

I did this raptor questline after having completed Hyjal on my (now 85) main and I don't think I've ever had so much fun and then been so let down by the end of a quest. Hyjal, too, is very disappointing at the end because you have this really, really awesome ending quest with major, HUGE NPC's involved in a massive climactic battle and then at the end you get a main npc saying (paraphrased) "That was cute, now hit the level cap and go do the raid." This raptor quest has basically the same sentiment attached. Boo.

Why? Why, Blizzard, can't we just have a quest chain with a complete, happy ending? Why does it have to lead to a raid?

Although one nice change I have to point out- Kudos to Blizz on this- is the Battle for Darrowshire quest chain, which is now seriously shortened and do-able at 40-something without a raid group. I was seriously overjoyed that I FINALLY, after four years, got to see the very end of that one.

I mean, seriously, Blizzard. I understand you're trying to encourage raiding, but you gotta realize that not everyone gets to go raid. For some of us, this is it, (and maybe a few 5-mans.) Not everyone in the game is in a supperhappyfun guild of total awesomeness that takes them raiding, even for old content (which you don't need epic gear to do.) And I firmly believe there is no such thing as benevolence on WoW when it comes to running anything in a raid, old or new, on-realm, in a pug, ever... And why do I have a WoW account if all I get to do is go on the web to some other site and watch a video of someone else's raid just to see content. That's just plain dumb. I mean, for my $15/month and probably several others, is a bit of final satisfaction at the end of a quest chain too much to ask for? Does it really need to end in a raid? Even one that isn't seemingly planned yet?

Now, I know Blizzard supposedly reads the forums and claims they listen. Please, keep this thread alive until they hear us. I mean, even if it's just a silly companion pet, we worked hard for that raptor. It's really a major disappointment to hear "now hit level cap and go raid." at the end of this quest chain.

TLDR? (/sigh) Please, Blizzard, give us a happy end to this quest instead of trying to get us into a raid you possibly don't have planned yet. Quit ending really great quest chains in a raid.

P.S. I want my baby raptor back!!!
Reply Quote
64 Tauren Death Knight
02/12/2011 4:23 PMPosted by Nowaii
Weirdly the quest involving the raptor pet, has nothing to do with getting the pet now.

It never has.

Razzashi Hatchling and Lashtail Raptor Egg Fragment are completely unrelated, other than the fact that they have the same skin.
Reply Quote
02/13/2011 10:29 AMPosted by Nobully

It never has.

Razzashi Hatchling and Lashtail Raptor Egg Fragment are completely unrelated, other than the fact that they have the same skin.

actually if you read the quests Lashtail Raptor Egg Fragment is the child of mandokir's mount ohgan (the leader of the razzashi raptor pack). The Razzashi Hatchling was the pet that dropped from the razzashi raptors in old ZG, and now drops elsewhere in stranglethorn.

So both are razzashi hatchlings
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Yea, I found this quest to be very annoying since you do alot of work and no raptor.Lets hope theyll make it attainable at some point.
Reply Quote
62 Blood Elf Paladin
I was really dissapointed when that troll took my raptor away too and to hear you need a raid just to finish the quest line what?? NOT HAPPY JAN. No fair. The other quest lines are entertaining but this one was endearing. It was nice just to be able to work up to attain your own pet and take care of it; to hear that it's just going to be tortured in a cage somewhere by a troll without a raid really disturbed me. I want my baby raptor back too!
Reply Quote
I would just like to figure out how to get the little bugger out of there. Help Dayv
Reply Quote
44 Human Warrior
did you complete it, my problem was could not lite the tiki's on fire
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
The tiki's were a little tricky but just keep trying. I finished this chain and was disappointed like everyone that the baby raptor was gone.

Then later, I was digging Archaeology sites on the north coast beach area (troll ruins) and the baby was right next to me! So he'll hang with you if you visit those ruins.

Reply Quote
i still got my baby raptor.he appears whenever i go to this area. did i miss something ?
Reply Quote
71 Draenei Hunter
I really miss my baby raptor and I want him back so badly....but I can`t get anywhere in that quest....so I am assuming everyone else is in the same boat.
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply Quote
47 Human Hunter
I miss that little bugger as well! I think since they are bringing back Zul'Gurub you may get the chance to get him back when running it, but maybe he will be a boss who knows, Im sure they have a plan.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]