Stranglethorn Vale Quest line AKA The Raptor

90 Human Mage
My guess is that they'll continue the quest chain when they re-introduce Zul'Gurub in the next major patch as a 5-man. It's the only thing that makes sense to me.
Reply Quote
65 Draenei Hunter
yeah i litterly just finished the quest but it was really bad how the ending happpened and whoever was asking about the raptor still being able to summon i have the same problem i try not to question it because hes SO CUTE AND TOTTALY AWESOME PLEASE FINSH THE QUEST SO HUNTERS CAN GET THAT RAPTOR. he my little buddy :(
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warlock
I did this quest chain after the world changed back in November I think. I too like many of you were sad to not be able to save my lil baby raptor :(
I kinda don't want to spoil anything for anyone so..... SPOILER ALERT!! Stop reading now if you dont want to know anything.

I ran ZG last night and after killing the raptor boss, I saw a ! on my mini map not far from the boss' body. I looked over and there she was! My baby raptor that was taken away! She had a quest. Went over to get the quest and it was to get her as a companion pet!!

Again, don't like spoiling things for people but, I was so happy to see her and end the quest with a happy ending.
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Hunter
so in order to get the baby raptor back we have to do the 5-man
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
'Razzashi Hatchling' drops from the monsters in STV. I got mine completely by surprise the other day. So if you miss your baby raptor, try for this pet that looks exactly the same.

Mine dropped from one of the Ogre in the area =)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I thought the baby in ZG is a Lashtail Hatchling. I got mine but still get one that shows up and follows me around whenever I dig the troll ruins by the north beach.

Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
the quest did continue, sort of

when you defeat the raptor guy in ZG, you get to keep the raptor you found in the early quests.
Reply Quote
63 Goblin Shaman
I think in their attempt to resolve some issue about getting the raptor they messed up the whole quest... not you get mind controled and teleported to the site to talk to the first raptor but that is where the quest stops... you cannot even agro the enemy. sigh.!!!!
Reply Quote
1 Tauren Druid
I just got my Lashtail raptor the other day!

You have to defeat Bloodlord Mandokir in the new 4.2.0 (level 85) version of ZG.

Afterward, you will see the little raptor chained up with a quest (!) over his head.

Talk to him and you free him, and you get your pet!

His name will be "YourName'aka," so for example, "Kaoru'aka."
Reply Quote
39 Night Elf Hunter
So if you don't know the quest line I'm talking about, there is a series of quests in STV, northern, where you got yourself a little Lashtail Raptor for your very own! And then it got kidnapped.

*quest line spoilers* (cause its an awesome lot of quests)
Now at the end of the quest line you attempt a rescue which unfortunately fails.

BUT there were hints from people at blizzard that when Cataclysm comes out, this quest was put in at the shattering, there would be a continuation or more quests involving this.

So far, from what I can tell, there isn't. And anyone who has done the quest realises that little raptor is very very important! So i was just wondering if anyone knew anything about this? Like if its coming in another patch or I'm just missing something?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Hunter
Yes, I did that questline too, I did it once all the way through and when I found out about the ending, I was let down.
I have a second toon which got the raptor hatchling and did the parts up to when he would be kidnapped, but when it came up, I did not accept the quest and put the little guy in my bank and still have him to this day
I just read the previous entries and if I can get my Hatchling back, maybe it might be worth it, though that toon had started the new Troll Quests for Alliance
Edited by Taurusen on 6/3/2011 11:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
05/14/2011 12:50 PMPosted by Dragsvart
so in order to get the baby raptor back we have to do the 5-man

Yes, This is correct. In order to get the Lashtail Hatchling back and keep him as our pet, you'll need to do the new 5-Man Heroic instance, Zul'Gurub.

Do remember though, you need to do the chain leading up to where you rescue this pet, that starts in Northern Stranglethorn, to be eligible to receive this pet in Zul'Gurub.
Reply Quote
62 Night Elf Hunter
Lovely.....

So, as a casual player who doesn't raid or is geared for heroics....I'll NEVER be able to get my baby raptor back. Just F'n great. How seriously disappointing. Note to Blizzard: Not all of us raid or have the gear necessary to do Heroics but would like to be able to follow some of these story line through and feel that surge of satisfaction. I REALLY wanted my baby raptor back and I'm pretty upset that I know it'll never happen.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Just wait till next expansion and you'll be able to solo ZG.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
06/30/2011 02:22 PMPosted by Zemocrates
Just wait till next expansion and you'll be able to solo ZG.

Well that just makes me feel SOOO much better about it all *insert sarcasm here*
I am disabled and like many my days of raiding are about over. I am lucky to get to tag along and heal Firelands trash and even that is tough for me. I don't dare to try healing heroics, especially ZG and ZA. So my little guy is gone forever I guess. I actually have not yet turned the quest in after he gets caught at the entrance; I wanted to come look it up and see if I was doing something wrong or there was a way around it. Oh well.... more things Blizz takes away and gives to the leet.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Use your balance spec and run it with some guildies/friends, it's really not that hard, you could even go straight to Mandokir and just leave afterwards.
Reply Quote
It is now my foremost goal to get to level 85, run heroic Zul'Gurub and get my baby raptor back. No one better stand in my way!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I don't know if my memory sucks or something but doesn't the rare mount that drops from Bloodlord Mandokir in Zul'gurub look exactly the same as the little hatchling we try to save? This made me want it even more! It would make sense since it probably escapes when you slay the Bloodlord...just a thought!

But yes, I wasn't expecting to be trolled (no pun intended) like that right near the end. That little raptor was adorable! It's sad that it (if i am right) is only obtainable via a rare drop? ;()

PS. everyone seems to be referring to the raptor baby as a he...its referred to as a she for the entire quest line :P.

Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
07/24/2011 12:20 AMPosted by Sunpaw
I don't know if my memory sucks or something but doesn't the rare mount that drops from Bloodlord Mandokir in Zul'gurub look exactly the same as the little hatchling we try to save?

The companion pet raptor (Ohgan'aka -- or "(player's name)'aka" after you receive her as a pet) is the daughter of Mandokir's raptor (Ohgan), which is why he needs her in ZG.

So yeah... it's her daughter.

07/24/2011 12:20 AMPosted by Sunpaw
It's sad that it (if i am right) is only obtainable via a rare drop? ;()

Not at all. If you complete the entire quest line that led to her imprisonment in ZG, after you defeat Mandokir and Ohgan (again... lol) in heroic ZG she is there with a quest ! for you to rescue her.
Edited by Amaranthas on 7/24/2011 2:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]