Prot PvP - Rebuke

85 Human Paladin
I am sure that almost everyone saw the change (well ptr only yet) to Rebuke, which ll be baseline for all paladins specs.
I pvp as ret so I like the changes, but I was thinking, dont u guys feel something its goin 2 be nerfed and ll hurt a bit Prot pvp??

AS silence = prob gone(worst) or AS sharing a cd with rebuke (dont no if this would make any sense).

I hope I am wrong though : )
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
They don't need to get rid of the silence, only the interrupt portion of AS. The silence is useful for pulling mobs at range, and we shouldn't lose that capability.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
01/07/2011 3:31 AMPosted by Oglop
They don't need to get rid of the silence, only the interrupt portion of AS. The silence is useful for pulling mobs at range, and we shouldn't lose that capability.

Problem would be: interrupt > AS silence > HoJ > possible AS refresh > rebuke etc..

Yes I like the effect silence in pve 2 pull caster trash 2, maybe the silence ll only work in pve now.. dont no :/
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
01/07/2011 3:43 AMPosted by Mannaer

Problem would be: interrupt > AS silence > HoJ > possible AS refresh > rebuke etc..

Yes I like the effect silence in pve 2 pull caster trash 2, maybe the silence ll only work in pve now.. dont no :/

Why is that a problem? The Silence DRs pretty hard, and that combo is not unlike what Warriors have been doing for some time now with pummel and their various stuns.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
No for the simple reason that Prot is strong vs. melee and weak vs. casters right now even with AS. I predict rebuke will make it more of an even fight with casters, which is not a problem that would need fixing.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
01/07/2011 3:43 AMPosted by Mannaer

Prot damage in pvp is low already, so it's not a big deal.

Even if we could keep someone locked out for 30+ seconds, this is sort of how the devs intended tanks to function in pvp. Low damage, high survivability, and a royal pain in the arse for the enemies. It should be a real concern having a tank on you in PvP. You won't die to him (at least not for a long time), but you won't be able to do much with him on you either.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
01/07/2011 12:26 AMPosted by Mannaer
I pvp as ret so I like the changes, but I was thinking, dont u guys feel something its goin 2 be nerfed and ll hurt a bit Prot pvp??

AS silence = prob gone(worst) or AS sharing a cd with rebuke (dont no if this would make any sense).

I hope I am wrong though : )

I don't know why people are worrying about this. Prot has very limited CC. Stun on a 40 sec cooldown, that is dispellable. AS is nice but the silence is short term, and you'll hit DR with it so that your target is silence-immune.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
01/07/2011 8:30 PMPosted by Dekkar

Prot damage in pvp is low already, so it's not a big deal.

Even if we could keep someone locked out for 30+ seconds, this is sort of how the devs intended tanks to function in pvp. Low damage, high survivability, and a royal pain in the arse for the enemies. It should be a real concern having a tank on you in PvP. You won't die to him (at least not for a long time), but you won't be able to do much with him on you either.

Agreed. What Prots lack in damage and bust should be made up with versitility and utility.
Reply Quote
86 Human Paladin
01/08/2011 2:43 AMPosted by Kristonathan
What Prots lack in damage and bust should be made up with versitility and utility.

This. For all tanking classes, in my opinion, but as I only seriously play a Paladin, I can't comment on the others.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
Rubuke is melee range, so removing the silence on AS is just replacing one problem with another. If thats the case I would choose AS silence over rebuke.

Or if they said made a glyph which some how made us choose betwwen AS and rebuke id be happy still :D
Edited by Setione on 1/8/2011 2:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
nothing will change.

prot warriors and DKs have ranged silence if on different cool downs and damage amounts
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
i like pvp in prot and im not going any were
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Well they have said that they want tank specs role in PvP to be about above average control and durability. Protection's damage and mobility is not that spectacular so I don't really see a problem with it being a little more threatening in the control and utility department.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
cracker jack soup is out of soup.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]