Tol barad and the 100 vs 30 fight!

(Locked)

85 Goblin Warlock
so i dont ever post... but this has be just irritated beyond anything this game has ever done to piss me off... Why is it that during Tol Barad there can be 2 or 3 to 1 odds agianst us when it is saposed to be a 1 to 1 ratio...? maybe this is a well known issue or an exploit but it is $%^$%^ crap... my server has not had Tol Barad for the horde in 6 days ... because of this glitch or w/e this #$%# is.

Can i get some clarification as to why more than a 1 to 1 ratio is available in tol barad? is it a known issue? and how much longer do i have to suffer before a fix comes?
85 Tauren Druid
IDK, but the 1 to 1 ratio thinger doesn't work.

The alliance on my realm can get a few hundred people together if they want to - but they don't. So I only get in 5% of the time...

Ridiculous.
90 Tauren Warrior
When you leave the raid you stay in the bg and more people can come in. Funny how alliance on my server is always the first to pull crap like this. it's like fighting fairly terrifies them that much.
30 Tauren Warrior
This one time, I /who'd Tol Barad while the battle was ongoing. It hit 49 Horde (the most it can display is 49, even if there's more). Then I logged onto an Alliance toon and it only hit 32.

At first I thought maybe it included the peninsula, but then I /who'd it and different people came up. Not sure what was going on there.
90 Human Rogue
Tol Barad is broken. In other news, the wheel, recently discovered.
90 Undead Warlock
wtf is a wheel?
85 Blood Elf Mage
The same has been happening on our server, we're outnumbered 3 alliance to 1 horde and I spend most of my time in queue.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
And to which I support the old WG system. lets swam them!!!
Funny how long this has been going on ... clearly, things like making sure that people don't have any reasonable access to maelstrom crystals is FAR more important than a dead-simple cheat in an already-troubled BG.
Community Manager
01/19/2011 6:21 PMPosted by Ciarge
it is a exploit, if you leave raid while TB is going on you do not get ported out and it lets an additional person in.

It doesn't actually work. The balance of factions is not dependant on if you’re in a raid or not. It's a mis-perception based on the inability to see the opposing team's numbers. What’s happening is that you can leave a raid, remain in Tol Barad, and because your old raid may pick up an additional player from the queue there’s an assumption that your side is getting more players. In fact the other side is keeping up and also getting additional players. We’ve verified across a number of realms that faction balance remains equal, even in cases where we found people actively attempting to use this to outnumber the opposing team. They weren't.

We keep a close eye on Tol Barad faction balance and turnover.
55 Draenei Hunter
Drive-by post... make WG level 85. Kthx!
90 Night Elf Hunter
01/27/2011 12:16 PMPosted by Bashiok
it is a exploit, if you leave raid while TB is going on you do not get ported out and it lets an additional person in.

Instead of just watching it...how about fixing it! the number one discussion in Battle Grounds and it still sits there broken. It's like the turrets in Isle on the alliance side. they still can't engage the seiges at the gates, we just hit our own platform. Its been that way since the release. Despite repeated posts, bug reports and such its still that way.

So excuse my frustatition and comment that PLEASE QUIT WATCHING...it doesn't do much good! Kinda like BOTS, you watching them too?

90 Night Elf Druid
01/27/2011 12:18 PMPosted by Charax
Drive-by post... make WG level 85. Kthx!

WG represented that expansion very well.

I was hoping the new world pvp zone would be fiery, like a volcano or something. Sucks we are stuck with tol barad, it's visually boring...
85 Blood Elf Paladin
01/27/2011 12:16 PMPosted by Bashiok

It doesn't actually work. The balance of factions is not dependant on if you’re in a raid or not. It's a mis-perception based on the inability to see the opposing team's numbers. What’s happening is that you can leave a raid, remain in Tol Barad, and because your old raid may pick up an additional player from the queue there’s an assumption that your side is getting more players. In fact the other side is keeping up and also getting additional players. We’ve verified across a number of realms that faction balance remains equal, even in cases where we found people actively attempting to use this to outnumber the opposing team. They weren't.

Question then... are you happy with how it is now (more or less)? Because D wins a LOT and I know you've stated you want it harder on O than D... so is this the right balance, in your opinion?
90 Night Elf Hunter
Om my server its easy to track...i'll save you time "watching it"

Horde always has it...has had it since day 1, and only gave it to alliance to take advantage of your fix...rinse repeat.

i guess your fix is for me to pay you additional money for me to switch sides in order for me to get access to the instance and the additional daily quest
Edited by Dezzars on 1/27/2011 12:36 PM PST
63 Gnome Death Knight
Tol barad and the 100 vs 30 fight!

Leonidas and the 300 spartans overcame impossible odds.

EDIT: And they did it in real life.
Edited by Pinkis on 1/27/2011 12:37 PM PST
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]