Tol barad and the 100 vs 30 fight!

(Locked)

90 Human Paladin
01/27/2011 12:16 PMPosted by Bashiok
it is a exploit, if you leave raid while TB is going on you do not get ported out and it lets an additional person in.

It doesn't actually work. The balance of factions is not dependant on if you’re in a raid or not. It's a mis-perception based on the inability to see the opposing team's numbers. What’s happening is that you can leave a raid, remain in Tol Barad, and because your old raid may pick up an additional player from the queue there’s an assumption that your side is getting more players. In fact the other side is keeping up and also getting additional players. We’ve verified across a number of realms that faction balance remains equal, even in cases where we found people actively attempting to use this to outnumber the opposing team. They weren't.

We keep a close eye on Tol Barad faction balance and turnover.

Your definition of "turnover" must be different than mine. Other than the early morning, the Alliance on my server never have TB.

I guess the idea of one faction locking down a crucial area for days on end with minimal effort excites you guys? lol
86 Undead Rogue
Working as intended.
85 Tauren Druid
it is a exploit, if you leave raid while TB is going on you do not get ported out and it lets an additional person in.

It doesn't actually work. The balance of factions is not dependant on if you’re in a raid or not. It's a mis-perception based on the inability to see the opposing team's numbers. What’s happening is that you can leave a raid, remain in Tol Barad, and because your old raid may pick up an additional player from the queue there’s an assumption that your side is getting more players. In fact the other side is keeping up and also getting additional players. We’ve verified across a number of realms that faction balance remains equal, even in cases where we found people actively attempting to use this to outnumber the opposing team. They weren't.

Good, now re-think this idea of capping the number of participants in favor of a system like tenacity.

My server is heavily overpopulated with Horde. We find scenarios where the major PvP guild on the Alliance side of the fence can have large numbers of their guild queue knowing full well they are going to all get in to the battle.

They then run around in their conquest gear, in vent/teamspeak running a coordinated assault, in essence a "rated bg" group, versus a bunch of Horde puggles (inc the random one or two who just dinged 85 the day before).

Explain to me how this is not a distinct and definitive advantage to them?

When it is all said and done, one faction ends up being punished for your inability to balance a server population.

Maybe tenacity isn't the answer, but capping the amount who get in and creating the above scenario certainly isn't either.

You can come up with all of the little tricks and gimmicks you want , but until you actually balance servers (and you have had several years to correct this problem on my server in particular) it's putting lipstick on a potbelly pig.

85 Worgen Hunter

Your definition of "turnover" must be different than mine. Other than the early morning, the Alliance on my server never have TB.

I guess the idea of one faction locking down a crucial area for days on end with minimal effort excites you guys? lol

Honestly, I haven't even seen Alliance in control of Tol'Barad (even early in the morning) for over a week now. I've just stopped participating completely until a change is made. It doesn't make much sense to do it if I don't find any enjoyment from it right now. I understand wanting challenge for the attackers, but what about challenge for the defenders?
Edited by Fenros on 1/27/2011 12:47 PM PST
85 Worgen Warrior
01/27/2011 12:37 PMPosted by Pinkis
Tol barad and the 100 vs 30 fight!

Leonidas and the 300 spartans overcame impossible odds.

EDIT: And they did it in real life.

They didn't overcome *@!*, they all died.
85 Undead Warlock
01/27/2011 12:37 PMPosted by Kneeslapper

soo instead of just looking at tol barad.

how about you guys get around to fixing tol barad?

looking at your gut isnt gonna make it go away devs!

i really have to ask, what is broken?

is there some sort of bug preventing the battle form progressing?

or some other mechanic thats is preventing the team from winning?

or is to hard to attack and succeed when 50% of the group refuse to follow input or directions?

if it is the last option, sorry working as intended...get less leeches and baddies.
01/08/2011 2:47 PMPosted by Leethoof
This one time, I /who'd Tol Barad while the battle was ongoing. It hit 49 Horde (the most it can display is 49, even if there's more). Then I logged onto an Alliance toon and it only hit 32.

At first I thought maybe it included the peninsula, but then I /who'd it and different people came up. Not sure what was going on there.

^ this

I've logged on to my horde chars and done this as well. its ALWAYS coming up as 49 horde to around 30 alliance... explain that?
85 Worgen Warlock
01/27/2011 12:48 PMPosted by Arktopus

Leonidas and the 300 spartans overcame impossible odds.

EDIT: And they did it in real life.

They didn't overcome *@!*, they all died.
They also had a lot more than 300 people.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/27/2011 12:22 PMPosted by Ciarge

if this does not work, and is in fact not an exploit, why then did i get a 72 hour forum ban last week for a near identical post? reason for ban was posting cheats/exploits.

either this IS a exploit or i was unjustly forum banned

Uh because you posted a possible cheat or exploit which is against the rules? Just because it doesnt work doesnt really matter.
85 Undead Priest

alot of people would disagree.
Edited by Maxious on 1/27/2011 12:56 PM PST
85 Blood Elf Priest
01/27/2011 12:42 PMPosted by Iacobus

I don't understand the early morning thing.

I get it that horde might not reperesent and Alliance gets it, but how do they lose it back again? It is hard to lose TB.... So once you have it if you are losing it back, it has something more to do than an issue with TB, it has to do with being out played by an even number of opposing players by a pretty significant amount.

85 Human Paladin

I believe you, however the next step is doing something about it. On many realms the same complaint is prevalent - one side holds for days. So while we appreciate you monitoring the turnover, we'd like to see measures in the works to prevent the long-term holding by one side. WG was great because while defending was possible, it never took days to take it over. There was good balance and switching of sides. Tol Barad is just horrible in this respect.
90 Orc Warrior

Good, now re-think this idea of capping the number of participants in favor of a system like tenacity.

My server is heavily overpopulated with Horde. We find scenarios where the major PvP guild on the Alliance side of the fence can have large numbers of their guild queue knowing full well they are going to all get in to the battle.

They then run around in their conquest gear, in vent/teamspeak running a coordinated assault, in essence a "rated bg" group, versus a bunch of Horde puggles (inc the random one or two who just dinged 85 the day before).

Explain to me how this is not a distinct and definitive advantage to them?

When it is all said and done, one faction ends up being punished for your inability to balance a server population.

Maybe tenacity isn't the answer, but capping the amount who get in and creating the above scenario certainly isn't either.

You can come up with all of the little tricks and gimmicks you want , but until you actually balance servers (and you have had several years to correct this problem on my server in particular) it's putting lipstick on a potbelly pig.

ABSOLUTELY NOT! Never go back to that wash of a balancing mechanic called Tenacity (its incredibly hard to balance fairly) Keep the 1:1 ratio in TB!

My server is just as bad, we have about a 20:1 horde/alliance ratio and we have a crazy amount of problems with getting into TB. Once the next patch goes live and people can no longer exploit the bridge, the forums will be ablaze with thousands of people complaining about faction imbalance... You heard it here first!

OPEN FREE TRANSFERS ON ALL SERVERS WITH OVER A 3:1 FACTION IMBALANCE! (this is almost all servers unfortunately). I can understand this would be a huge feat for blizzard to manage but it needs to be done. Imagine all the problems it would fix, Imagine...
Edited by Blððdbåth on 1/27/2011 1:03 PM PST
56 Gnome Death Knight
Tol Barad works really poorly because they double fixed the numbers imbalance:
1. Defending Tol Barad isn't a matter of overwhelming or even numbers, it is a matter of rotating your forces to the weak fort and beating the clock. With the current set-up, a smaller Defensive unit could easily still defend.
2. Queue forces even numbers of each team, putting assaulting teams at extreme disadvantage.

It is awesome to see the larger faction on a server locked out of a nearly empty zone so often though. Really utilizes the content to it's fullest. Also pretty neat that you could queue up for TB for weeks/months and never get in. Accessible World PvP design at its finest.
90 Undead Warrior
01/27/2011 12:46 PMPosted by Welldunn
in favor of a system like tenacity.

No. A thousand times no.
90 Dwarf Hunter
Different kind of people playing at night then during the day. Perhaps the Alliance night crowd is more skilled then the Horde night crowd.

And I loled hard @ the guy who said the alliance had an unfair advantage because they all coordinated in vent and were high end PvPers.... thats called being outplayed good sir, not an issue with TB
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]