Tol barad and the 100 vs 30 fight!

(Locked)

70 Undead Mage
01/27/2011 12:37 PMPosted by Pinkis

Leonidas and the 300 spartans overcame impossible odds.

EDIT: And they did it in real life.

And they also all died in the end.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
01/27/2011 12:16 PMPosted by Bashiok
it is a exploit, if you leave raid while TB is going on you do not get ported out and it lets an additional person in.

It doesn't actually work. The balance of factions is not dependant on if you’re in a raid or not. It's a mis-perception based on the inability to see the opposing team's numbers. What’s happening is that you can leave a raid, remain in Tol Barad, and because your old raid may pick up an additional player from the queue there’s an assumption that your side is getting more players. In fact the other side is keeping up and also getting additional players. We’ve verified across a number of realms that faction balance remains equal, even in cases where we found people actively attempting to use this to outnumber the opposing team. They weren't.

We keep a close eye on Tol Barad faction balance and turnover.

I wouldn't claim keeping a close eye on anything in Tol Borad if I was Blizzard. It's obviously the most unbalanced thing to ever come out of WoW ever. It may be the most unbalanced thing in ANY mmo ever. The fact that you guys claim to be keeping an eye on it should just be embarrassing to you. With that said WoW is the greatest MMO ever imo. Tol Borad just happens to be the biggest pvp fail ever.
85 Troll Hunter
I, for one, love it.

The alliance on my server have steamrolled everything with numbers since the server opened.

Now that the odds are even they can barely take it if at all.
85 Worgen Druid
01/27/2011 12:28 PMPosted by Crepe

if this does not work, and is in fact not an exploit, why then did i get a 72 hour forum ban last week for a near identical post? reason for ban was posting cheats/exploits.

either this IS a exploit or i was unjustly forum banned

It's a reasonable question. But I think the whole issue may be that we're not allowed to discuss exploits on the forums. Even perceived ones.

I would, however, suggest that you contest your forum action at

wowreportedpost@blizzard.com

Don´t even bother emailing this address. They never respond. I have emailed them on three occasions in the last several months, and I have not heard one thing from them.
85 Human Rogue
it is a exploit, if you leave raid while TB is going on you do not get ported out and it lets an additional person in.

It doesn't actually work. The balance of factions is not dependant on if you’re in a raid or not. It's a mis-perception based on the inability to see the opposing team's numbers. What’s happening is that you can leave a raid, remain in Tol Barad, and because your old raid may pick up an additional player from the queue there’s an assumption that your side is getting more players. In fact the other side is keeping up and also getting additional players. We’ve verified across a number of realms that faction balance remains equal, even in cases where we found people actively attempting to use this to outnumber the opposing team. They weren't.

This can not be correct. Something is most definately going on with an exploit/mechanic something. We checked on our server and one of the more recent TB's had 50 horde to 22 Alliance. With a MASSIVE amount of alliance queued and waiting at the entrance to get in. It's not hard to tell either, log on alt on other faction /who Tol Barad. So please don't tell us nothing is going on, something most definately is.

Well then, how is my sever holding up, considering I've only seen alliance gain control of TB once a week?
85 Orc Death Knight
I believe blizz in that this is not an exploit but instead people on losing sides are using this as blame for their faction losing alot. Coming from a server where horde loses all the time, people always try to make false excuses for why horde fails a lot. It seems people cannot comprehend the fact that one faction may have better players than the other.

Then one day after horde got tired of not holding it for days, someone took over raid chat and spammed orders for the whole team to follow and we finally won. Simply because we started using the tactics that ally has been using pretty much since Cata came out. While I still believe Tol barad is far from perfect, it is not as inbalanced as people make it out to be. Just seems that tol barad seems to magnify what faction has better tactics/composition during each battle.

You keep a close eye on that do ya?? like how on our server horde has owned the zone for three weeks?? and like how there can be 7 alliance in the morning queue for the battleground, but amazingly there will be 15+ horde? How is that balanced?
85 Tauren Druid
I don't care enough to check, but the /who's that are being quoted may be a result of the bridge exploit. I suspect that might also cloud Blizzard's ability to tell how many folks are actually in the battle, and how many are playing DDR on the bridge.
85 Human Death Knight
the misperception in tol barad is because the defending team only needs to be at 1 or 2 places, the offense has to be at 3 to win. your team is going to look at alot bigger when it isn't split or only split in 2 when the other team has people split 3 ways.
85 Night Elf Mage

EDIT: And they did it in real life.

It was actually a highly exaggerated retelling of a small part of a much larger event. The actually battle consisted of far more than 300 people. The movie focuses *only* on the Spartans, but the Spartans weren't the only forces trying to hold Thermopylae at the time.

And I must clarify. How did they "overcome" anything? You do know that even though they fought their hearts out, and used military strategy in a way that had never been seen... they still lost Thermopylae and the battle was a resounding defeat. Persia crushed them.

One could argue the movie is actually a little disrespectful to one of their most historical moments in time for anything but the Spartans. Maybe that was the point? I enjoyed the movie anyway, amazing cinematography.
Edited by Illythia on 1/27/2011 3:18 PM PST
60 Draenei Death Knight
I dont even bother with TB anymore.
No one is asking for the pvp depth you see for example in EVE, but c'mon.
1 bland map, 3 flags, 2 zergs and an overwhelming advantage for defense is really the best they could come up with? that is the Blizzard definition of a good pvp game?
Actually it is so bad they cant even fix it imo. lipstick on a pig and all that.......
Just delete it and make WG 85.
90 Worgen Hunter
It's a mis-perception based on the inability to see the opposing team's numbers.

If you make a alt on the opposing faction and do a /who on the zone then yes you can. In fact I've made a ticket about this and a thread about it as well.

I made a horde alt and I did a /who on Tol Bard. I got back 49 people with 3 in Tol Barad peninsula. 49-3= 46 horde players. They get a kill and they drop raid and stay in the zone.. I confirmed this with my buddy who said he was able to do the same thing on the Alliance side. I also had a guild member on vent during this time and he was able to tell me how many people where in the raid group on the Alliance side. To make sure I was getting correct numbers I also did a /who on the Tol Barad peninsula and I got different numbers and players. I took several screenshots as well so I could compare with different times during the raid.
Edited by Adamsavage on 1/27/2011 3:31 PM PST
85 Night Elf Priest
WG and Tol Barad (funny how that rhymes with totally bad) are completly different play styles and designs.

On Skywall, alliance hasnt seen a TB win in somewhere around 9 days. It's not even worth going in there anymore. You can get more honor doing random BG's than sitting through a loss in TB. And whats worse is a lot of the people who seem to get into TB at que time are doing just that. Standing around and doing nothing. Once these guys leave your raid, you can no longer report them for doing nothing. I.E. their wasting everyones time.

Can we just remove the stupid que cap altogether? Sure some servers who have extremly high populations of one faction might lose more often. But seriously, their losing now too. Removing the cap would at least let skilled players fight, who are otherwise forced to watch morons stand around doing nothing on the other side of the TB bridge. Also this would allow for larger guilds to make concerted efforts to attack TB later in the week after the majority of higher population factions members have already done their weekly dungeon. Making it more likely that both factions will win at least once a week. . . . NOT ONCE A MONTH!

Who would build 4 bases in a triangular design like this anyways? A large scale version of WSG or Twin Peaks would have been more fun. It would definitly have had more epic battle potential. Not like this run around in a circle playing chase the tail.
Edited by Bandaido on 1/27/2011 3:46 PM PST
85 Draenei Shaman

It is time to make this declaration. The fact that someone at Blizzard has not beeen fired over Tol barad is amazing. Just my opnion I'm sorry if its offensive. Just how I feel now. You guys have let me down and your uncaring actions have gotten me to this state of mind.
90 Tauren Druid

Actually they died a pretty gruesome death.

In real life.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]