Tol barad and the 100 vs 30 fight!

(Locked)

85 Human Death Knight
01/08/2011 2:38 PMPosted by Nazarid
so i dont ever post... but this has be just irritated beyond anything this game has ever done to piss me off... Why is it that during Tol Barad there can be 2 or 3 to 1 odds agianst us when it is saposed to be a 1 to 1 ratio...? maybe this is a well known issue or an exploit but it is $%^$%^ crap... my server has not had Tol Barad for the horde in 6 days ... because of this glitch or w/e this #$%# is.

Can i get some clarification as to why more than a 1 to 1 ratio is available in tol barad? is it a known issue? and how much longer do i have to suffer before a fix comes?

Tol Barad faction balance "exploit"
It doesn't actually work. The balance of factions is not dependant on if you’re in a raid or not. It's a mis-perception based on the inability to see the opposing team's numbers. What’s happening is that you can leave a raid, remain in Tol Barad, and because your old raid may pick up an additional player from the queue there’s an assumption that your side is getting more players. In fact the other side is keeping up and also getting additional players. We’ve verified across a number of realms that faction balance remains equal, even in cases where we found people actively attempting to use this to outnumber the opposing team. They weren't.

Source = http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/154560/tol-barad-and-the-100-vs-30-fight
90 Human Warlock

I was hoping the new world pvp zone would be fiery, like a volcano or something. Sucks we are stuck with tol barad, it's visually boring...

Hillsbrad Foothills should have been the 'new' PvP zone, with a Deathwing-made semi-shallow gully partially blocking the way. And phase so if you don't make the raid you still enter the normal area where lowbies can be.
100 Dwarf Hunter
01/27/2011 12:16 PMPosted by Bashiok
it is a exploit, if you leave raid while TB is going on you do not get ported out and it lets an additional person in.

It doesn't actually work. The balance of factions is not dependant on if you’re in a raid or not. It's a mis-perception based on the inability to see the opposing team's numbers. What’s happening is that you can leave a raid, remain in Tol Barad, and because your old raid may pick up an additional player from the queue there’s an assumption that your side is getting more players. In fact the other side is keeping up and also getting additional players. We’ve verified across a number of realms that faction balance remains equal, even in cases where we found people actively attempting to use this to outnumber the opposing team. They weren't.

We keep a close eye on Tol Barad faction balance and turnover.

So I guess on Jan 27 at approx 9:10 am on Carine realm you where watching closely when all 15 alliance players died instantly from a unknown issue...and where not ported to their spirit rezzer in the middle since we owned TB at that battle time, we all stayed ghost forum till battle ended then we where returned to the spirit healer whom now was horde in the middle only to have to jump off middle and go find our bodies to get back alive..with apporx 2:32 mins left and had TB since the day before and kept the horde out of TB....that's how closely you watch now ..either a hack from the horde got though and killed every alliance player instantly or one of your own GM fired every alliance player to allow the horde to win...and yes it happened just like that...15 alliance died instantly in that battle at that time frame.
85 Human Warlock
01/27/2011 12:16 PMPosted by Bashiok
it is a exploit, if you leave raid while TB is going on you do not get ported out and it lets an additional person in.

Well that's bollocks because in an early morning raid, Alliance had 5 people whereas Horde had 6 at ICG, 2 at slags and 1 at WV, presumably others elsewhere.
100 Dwarf Hunter
01/28/2011 8:55 AMPosted by Bubs

Well that's bollocks because in an early morning raid, Alliance had 5 people whereas Horde had 6 at ICG, 2 at slags and 1 at WV, presumably others elsewhere.

There is a exploit ....but blizzard gm's and greens here don't want to admit there is one...you know they have to save face for blizzard lack making TB to work correctly....they don't like mistakes pointed out to them by players.
45 Blood Elf Mage
01/28/2011 8:45 AMPosted by Mauserd
either a hack from the horde got though and killed every alliance player instantly or one of your own GM fired every alliance player to allow the horde to win

This is really the most ridiculous thing I've read in this thread so far. A hack from the horde. A GM fired every alliance.
85 Undead Warlock
01/28/2011 8:19 AMPosted by Rhetorical
It doesn't actually work.

Need to check your numbers again.

A few nights ago on Exodar the alliance had 40+ players, and Horde only had 8 players (!), and I had to wait in queue to get into the battle. They had a huge number of players at each objective, and we lost in just a few minutes. Very obvious they were cheating and using this exploit. Multiple members of my guild were waiting in the queue and never even got to join the battle, while the alliance had many times our number.

thats not an exploit...they just didn't show up...the 1:1 ratio begins at a certain point above 1, some have postulated 25 players (as it was tested) some 40 it may be more and may depend on the active population balance per sever; its a know unknown and noone yet has proven it to be a solid number that I've seen...
97 Undead Priest
It allows more on one side than the other, i've tested it. Its also allowing more than 80 people per side. I have personally seen 90.
Basically whoever has more people on their side, can get more people in.

Are you guys checking your sources well? maybe theres a bug when theres over 80 people or something. Make sure that the code that does not allow more people works.
90 Night Elf Druid
It would almost be a fair fight if the attacking force was allowed 10 players for every 3 on defense.
85 Draenei Death Knight
For those who haven't read the whole thread -- doing /who Tol Barad does not work since it also counts people on the Peninsula who are not in the battle.

People have tested this in vent, one on Horde one on Alliance. The numbers stayed right about equal the entire battle despite the Alliance side trying to use the exploit and the Horde side not doing so.
90 Tauren Druid
Oddly enough, Kellarb, it's possible to take that into account if you're doing a /who, since you can use the dropdown to check by zone.

I love how Blizzard hasn't sent anyone to respond further to this thread, despite significant testimony that their system has failed. Not even an "okay, perhaps there is something we're missing. We think the system of balances is in place, but we'll monitor further and do something about it if we're wrong." Doesn't admit fault, but at least says they're going to do something if they -are- wrong. That seems neutral enough. Instead they simply ignore their players.
85 Blood Elf Warrior
01/27/2011 12:37 PMPosted by Pinkis
Tol barad and the 100 vs 30 fight!

Leonidas and the 300 spartans overcame impossible odds.

EDIT: And they did it in real life.

Actually they lost that fight....learn your history.
100 Worgen Hunter
01/28/2011 2:42 PMPosted by Kellarb
For those who haven't read the whole thread -- doing /who Tol Barad does not work since it also counts people on the Peninsula who are not in the battle.

People have tested this in vent, one on Horde one on Alliance. The numbers stayed right about equal the entire battle despite the Alliance side trying to use the exploit and the Horde side not doing so.

It counts for BOTH. Tol Barad THEN the Peninsula. I'm pretty the game knows the difference between both zone. Next time there is a battle I will see if there a several players from Tol bard shows up in the Peninsula. However I'm pretty sure it can tell the difference.

85 Night Elf Rogue

They didn't overcome *@!*, they all died.
They also had a lot more than 300 people.

Classes were imbalanced...Nerf Spartans!
85 Night Elf Druid
"My team keeps losing. The other team must be cheating."

"The GMs on my server hate horde. They don't let us win."

"Orly? The GMs on MY server instantly slay all alliance gnomes and don't allow them to resurrect until the fight is over."

People will start to believe and blame anything when they're frustrated and can't come up with a solid answer, especially when they have so little control over the outcome (Ie, you being just 1 out of 40 people in a BG).
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]