Winterhoof Mount & Pet Collectors Census

91 Undead Warrior
I'm a mount and pet collector and I love meeting people with similar interests. Since in game it can be difficult to meet fellow collectors and even more so to compare collections I figured it would be a good idea to make a spot where any collector on Winterhoof - casual, hardcore or beginner - can meet, share and talk to other collectors on the realm.

I also saw another thread on a different realm forum where the OP kept a list of the top collectors for both mounts and pets for the realm. I thought this would also be an interesting idea, especially now that you can check out someone's statistics (and therefore number of mounts and pets) through the armory! Just post on your collector with the number of mounts or pets you have and once its verified by the armory I will add you to the list. Feel free to talk about all things mounts and pets as well! I'll keep a list of the top 10 collectors for both mounts and mini pets on the realm, as well as keep this a thread for sharing and discussing.

Remember, collections are counted on individual characters, not a combination. :)
Edited by Gumballs on 1/15/2011 2:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
91 Undead Warrior
Winterhoof Single Charactor Collectors (list updated 12 Nov 2011)

Top Mount Collectors:

1. 137: Balthaze [H]
2. 135: Orihime [A]
3. 132: Snickerdodl [H]
4. 130: Gumballs [H]
5. 128: Rendezvoodoo [H], Hirg [A]
6. 127: Stardusted [H]
7. 124: Sheeana [A]
8. 122: Edwardlxi [A]
9. 120: Ofire [H]
10. 115: Storie [H]

Horde Honourable Mentions (100+)

Azucar, Butche, Kaeliandra, Ovckarka, Faellym, Nihility, Rógue, Victorkraven, Mightyanubis, Maniaxe, Jaemiine,

Alliance Honourable Mentions (100+)

Top Mini-Pet Collectors:

1. 134: Cenobyte [H]
2. 133: Storie [H]
3. 132: Kalren [H]
4. 130: Stardusted [H]
5. 125: Jaemiine [H]
6. 122: Victorkraven [H]
7. 118: Faellym [H]
8. 117: Inrem [H]
9. 113: Gumballs [H]
10. 111: Volathis [A]

Honourable Mentions (100+)

Edwardlxi [A], Cobretti [H], Mightyanubis [H], Azucar [H], Rógue [h], Caella [H], Apocalypseqq [A], Ovckarka [H], Ofire [H], Mystiik [A], Apocalypseqq [A], Nihility [H]
Edited by Gumballs on 11/12/2011 1:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
91 Undead Warrior
Alrighty, I'll post my own collection first. I've been a collector on this character since I started playing... I spent all my gold back at 40 to buy all three skeletal horses. xD But I've only been seriously collecting for just over two years. I collect on other characters as well (85 hunter and a 72 warlock) but they aren't my 'collector' so I'm just going to disregard them.

I'm currently at 120 mounts. Notable mounts include:

Reins of the Black Drake
Reins of the Blue Drake
Great Brewfest Kodo
Reins of the Green Proto-Drake
The Horseman's Reins
Mechano-Hog
Mottled Drake
Reins of the Raven Lord
Red Dragonhawk Mount
Reins of the Red Proto-Drake
Red Qiraji Resonating Crystal
Deathcharger's Reins
Sea Turtle
Swift Brewfest Ram
Swift Zhevra
Swift Zulian Tiger
Reins of the Twilight Drake
Reins of the Violet Proto-Drake
Reins of the White Polar Bear
X-53 Touring Rocket
Great Brewfest Kodo

My favourite mounts are Mechano-Hog (Christmas gift from my boyfriend), Zulian Tiger (20ish runs) and Raven Lord (225 runs). My current goal is to get to 140 mounts, and I am camping the TLPD. I need to level to 85 to start getting Cata mounts!

I currently have 109 vanity pets. The only major notable pet in my collection is:

Spectral Tiger Cub

I do like my collection. I have lots of rare dropped pets but I don't feel like listing them here as I don't actively collect as much as I collect mounts.

~
Here's my full mount collection if anyone is interested:

http://www.warcraftmounts.com/collection.php?id=114

And here's my pet collection, though it's a little outdated... gotta fix that.

http://www.warcraftpets.com/account/profile.asp?user=gumballs

I look forward to seeing everyones collections! If anyone wants to add me in game or talk about mounts/pets/whatever, feel free to whisper me. I always love to chat. :)
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
I have 105 mounts and 92 pets

My favorite mounts are by far my Magic Rooster and Riding Turtle
Edited by Plasmaparade on 1/9/2011 8:04 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I guess I'll reply to this thread.

I have 115 mounts and 105 pets.

Favourite mounts are:
Blue Dragonhawk Mount
Reins of the Winterspring Frostsaber
Silver Covenant Hippogryph

and a few others, like the ulduar drakes, the raven lord, and the cobalt and white talbuks.
Reply Quote
91 Undead Warrior
It's nice to see others over 100, I havn't really met that many on our realm. Plasma I'm not going to add you to the list since it's for Winterhoof collectors but it's still nice to see you posting. I love the Rooster. When I found my Mottled Drake in a pack on Thursday I was really tempted to trade it instead of keep it, since it's pretty ugly. xD

Is there any mounts or pets that took you guys forever to get? Raven Lord took me 225 runs of the place but it was soooo worth it. I've been going for TLPD, Disgusting Oozeling and Hyacinth Macaw off and on but I can't stand farming or camping, I get bored really easily. :P
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
01/09/2011 10:57 AMPosted by Gumballs
It's nice to see others over 100, I havn't really met that many on our realm. Plasma I'm not going to add you to the list since it's for Winterhoof collectors but it's still nice to see you posting. I love the Rooster.

Up to 107 now. And i should get special treatment since im one of the original denizens of Winterhoof and most of my toons are still here :D
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
We've already chatted a bit on your other toon (Ashiena), but, yes, I am a mount collector as well. :)

I'm currently at 112 with NONE of the Cataclysm mounts (so expect that to bounce up when I start collecting again. Yay!). No particularly rare ones, but I'm debating throwing my hat in and buying a few TCG packs and hope to get lucky. We shall see.

I'm kind of a huge geek when it comes to collecting, so feel free to message me in game to chat or ask for advice/help about anything mount-related.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
I have 115 mounts, only Cataclysm mount thus far is the Sandstone Drake. The only mounts I have ever tried for and been unable to get were the ZG mounts (silly me thinking that 3 years of effort running it every 3 days would be enough to defeat the RNG gods).

128 vanity pets, nothing really special.

The only thing I really take pride in about my mount/pet collection is that I farmed every single one (minus TCG pets/mounts, which I have a few of).

If you are thinking about getting mounts or pets from the TCG, I would suggest just buying the mounts off of ebay, its about 1 out of 250 expansion packs that contain the mounts (or the rarest loot card of that expansion). If you purchased 250 expansion packs at the average retail rate of $4 per, you can expect to spend about $1000 getting the mount through that manner, when most of them sell for less than $300 on ebay. Of course, you could always get lucky and get that mount in the first and only pack you buy (happened to me with the blazing hippogryph - good times).

Some of the pets are worth buying on ebay as they are selling for less than the price of an expansion pack on average (Landro's Lil XT being one of them). From the Worldbreaker expansion and on, the common level loot card will be pets, which is about 1 in 7 expansion packs. For awhile I would buy the expansion sets wholesale from Upper Deck and sell the loot cards I didn't want or already had on ebay, never made a profit, but always broke even. Since they lost their license for the TCG, I haven't really bothered with it (not because I'm upset they lost their license and don't like the new guys, just lost interest for the time being.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Death Knight
i would have 2 new mounts but can't get the Dailys from TB ty guys but i did get the rep mount's from the Ram ppl.

yo star /poke
Edited by Apocalypseqq on 1/11/2011 10:09 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
01/11/2011 10:08 AMPosted by Apocalypseqq
i would have 2 new mounts but can't get the Dailys from TB ty guys but i did get the rep mount's from the Ram ppl.

yo star /poke

Sorry about TB buddy....but don't worry, Blizz will probably give you two years to get it before the next expansion :o)
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
And I'd be surprised if we could get TB more than 10 times in that 2 year span. :P
Reply Quote
91 Undead Warrior
@Stardusted: Oh yeah, I'd definitely recommend buying the mounts from ebay if you only buy the cards for a chance at them. I've been buying since they came out, only found the Mottled Drake, and my cousin found the Spectral Kitten which he gave to me. They are very rare, so it's not worth it to continue buying packs if you are only 'gambling' for the mounts.

It's a good thing I buy the cards for other reasons too! :D

I updated the list with peoples numbers, and added an [A] for Alliance and [H] for Horde in case anyone looking was interested. I'm also adding people who I meet in game with 100ish mounts or pets after I verify it on the armory. So if you know anyone else with 100+ pets or mounts on the realm, feel free to name them and I'll add them to the list if the armory can confirm it. :3
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I am at 74 - so do not have 100 yet. Most are the faction normal/epics or the BC rep grind and so on. Most notable is the Green-Proto form what I call the 'egg of dissapointment' and the Sunreaver Dragonhawk. No Cat mounts, yet. IMO hands down the Ashes of Al'ar (the phoenix) is still the best mount in the game - plus both factions can have a shot at it.

Pets, a tiny 52. Have not really fooled with them Withers, Sunflower, and baby Fel Reaver only Cat pets.

Also, would not be a shock if the LK achiv mounts (ex. Icebound Frostbrood Van.) are taken out so if you do not have them you might want to get them
Reply Quote
91 Undead Warrior
01/11/2011 3:11 PMPosted by Ovckarka
Also, would not be a shock if the LK achiv mounts (ex. Icebound Frostbrood Van.) are taken out so if you do not have them you might want to get them

Yeah.. I really want to go for both Ulduar protos and LK Wyrms but sadly my guild is not active enough, nor do they say them same interests. I would rather get those mounts instead of leveling or gearing up my hunter, but they don't feel the same way. It's hard to organize. xD
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
01/11/2011 3:17 PMPosted by Gumballs
Yeah.. I really want to go for both Ulduar protos and LK Wyrms but sadly my guild is not active enough, nor do they say them same interests. I would rather get those mounts instead of leveling or gearing up my hunter, but they don't feel the same way. It's hard to organize. xD

I would think that if enough like-minded individuals show an interest on this forum or when you talk to mount collectors in-game it wouldn't be that hard to get a group together. Even if you can only get enough people interested and together for an hour a week to work on it, it's still better than none at all.

Edited to add:

Don't be afraid to try things with less people than you think you need, never know what you might pull off. My buddy and I tried two manning TK to get Ashes of Al'ar all the time pre-Cataclysm release. We weren't successful, but with each gear upgrade and death, we learned how to deal with certain mechanics that weren't designed for two people to handle, and we got progressively closer and closer. We are about to start working on that again. Point being, even if we "know" we shouldn't be able to two-man it, we aren't afraid to try, what's the worst that can happen?
Edited by Stardusted on 1/11/2011 5:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Not to load down post with replays:

I thought just how the adds - like dude man that can kill in one hit as example- needed a group of 5-7ish dependending on class, gear, etc. Not tring to argue, was led to believe mechanics of fight warrented it, and when asked people to run it runs the spec. of wtf you talkin about to people drop after party death (which is going to happen since most I have found never been there much less aware of adds).

As far as getting like-minded people together to try and farm a raid, get achiv, etc for mount shot an invite. Think we all would agree endless rep. grind for a mounts is a nice change of pace =)

Anyone have Mimiron's Head? Funny lookin mount: very gnome.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
My favourite mounts are Mechano-Hog (Christmas gift from my boyfriend), Zulian Tiger (20ish runs) and Raven Lord (225 runs). My current goal is to get to 140 mounts, and I am camping the TLPD. I need to level to 85 to start getting Cata mounts!

only 20 runs for zulian tiger? i hate you. farmed it so much over so many different characters with neither mount dropping at all
Reply Quote
98 mini pets atm, soon to be 100, with the ragnaros and moonkin <3

A slightly outdated view of my collection can be found here:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/account/profile.asp?user=caella#col
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]