Soloing C'thun

100 Human Warrior
For the past few days I've been trying to solo C'thun but there's 1 major problem... The stomach phase.

Every time I get to phase 2, I reach the stomach phase and after about 5 seconds or so inside, I die instantly. I opened a ticket, but a GM said they couldn't give out game hints... even though the content is 4 1/2 - 5 years old.

Either way, I assume it's just because there's no one up top to keep C'thun in combat? That seems to be my only explanation; however, in the past I've killed C'thun with more than 1 person up top and someone has instantly died in the stomach after a few seconds of zoning in.

So does anyone have any ideas? I had a friend of mine heal himself while I solo'd C'thun just to see if I would die inside the stomach, but I didn't. The only problem to that, was the fact that it made it way to easy (e.g. small tentacles knock back the healer as well so it makes it so much easier to dps C'thun, eye tentacles will attack healer friend as well as me, etc.)

I just hope there's some way he can be solo'd! Post any ideas. I'd really like to get some revenge on him on 1 to 1 :)
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
no

cthun should own you and your raid says blizz

Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warrior
you shouldnt be able to solo a god it's sacrilegious!!
Reply Quote
45 Blood Elf Warrior
You know you just answered your own complaint with "He eats me"
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
01/09/2011 11:59 AMPosted by Mylilpwnie
You know you just answered your own complaint with "He eats me"

Maybe since I'm the only one in the room after he eats me he digests me and is done since there's no one else to try and digest.

He is very old and I would assume that would mean that he's very hungry
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Warrior
C'thun instantly kills everyone in the stomach if there's no one up top on his aggro table.

Also, the reason for people dying in the stomach is because the acid scales with spell power. This isn't an issue for us, but casters typically go down fast.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
WTB more trolling responses.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warrior
i think there was a rogue that managed to solo him, u should dig around for the info on that cause he did some kind of trick to make it so he wouldnt insta die in the stomach. i think he had some kind of pet up top to hold aggro long enough for him to get out but i dont remember to well. i heard it from a friend
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
You pull ouro to c'thuns room ouro teleports players that stray to far away from the encounter and in this case he teleports you out of c'thuns stomach :] this takes along time but with enough patience you can easily pull it off. (It took me about 2 hours)

Edit *For the love of god people read my post! This tactic works

PS <3 your videos Djmill
Edited by Baelgulmon on 5/23/2011 2:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
05/23/2011 01:53 AMPosted by Kyrix
i think there was a rogue that managed to solo him, u should dig around for the info on that cause he did some kind of trick to make it so he wouldnt insta die in the stomach. i think he had some kind of pet up top to hold aggro long enough for him to get out but i dont remember to well. i heard it from a friend

This.

There was a video sub rouge successfully soloing C'thun. There was some trick he used during 2nd phase, shadowstep or something I don't remember. I think warriors can't solo him.
Edited by Whitealíen on 5/23/2011 2:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
How did you get past twin emperors by yourself?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Twin Emperors aren't too difficult to solo, IF you do enough DPS. I've seen it done, but have yet to accomplish it myself. Aren't one of the emperors immune to physical attacks?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
just run up to the melee emperor and just blow him up, completely ignore the other one and its gg.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
aTa
You have to put your back against a wall (because of the knockbacks, they kill the dps needed) and nuke the twin that's healing. And yes the melee twin is immune to attacks. Cleared entire raid up to C'Thun, going to grab a guild member to join before instance reset. Basically have to have another person to run with (unless you're a hunter) if you're not going to do the Ouro trick.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I just solo'd him now.

Summoned Xuen and downed him. Not sure if Xuen was the reason the stomach didn't kill but but either way it seemed to work.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
I just solo'd him now.

Summoned Xuen and downed him. Not sure if Xuen was the reason the stomach didn't kill but but either way it seemed to work.

It worked because they nerfed the encounter so that you can solo it. They changed it so you have like a couple minutes to get out of the stomach instead of like 5 seconds.

Warriors however probably would have been soloing this encounter this expansion anyway with double charge, heroic leap and the ability to just about one shot the tendrils down there.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
12/31/2012 12:12 AMPosted by Johnjohnson
Warriors however probably would have been soloing this encounter this expansion anyway with double charge, heroic leap and the ability to just about one shot the tendrils down there.

Pretty much. C'thun has NEVER given me problems. I honestly have no clue what the OP is talking about. I've always easily killed him.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
12/30/2012 10:57 PMPosted by Kirstanna
You have to put your back against a wall (because of the knockbacks, they kill the dps needed) and nuke the twin that's healing. And yes the melee twin is immune to attacks. Cleared entire raid up to C'Thun, going to grab a guild member to join before instance reset. Basically have to have another person to run with (unless you're a hunter) if you're not going to do the Ouro trick.

Why did you necro this thread? Anyway, C'Thun is a joke now.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]