Pandaria Paladin Pre Raid Gear Guide (5.2)

(Sticky)

85 Human Paladin
Because it just realized I never said it... Signet of the Elder Council. Then just reforge the haste into dodge and you have very good ring.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Because it just realized I never said it... Signet of the Elder Council. Then just reforge the haste into dodge and you have very good ring.

Added, thank you!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
for ret, shouldnt Blade of the Fearless be 2nd? or at least 3rd, im not sure if the stats are better than the bottomless pit sword, but it has the same stats and a slower swing time than the BS hammer, also, on that note, Arced War Axe should be below Foe Reaper, i believe, unless the ranking of the gear in the list is not according to order, in which case ignore me, :3
Reply Quote
88 Draenei Paladin
dont forget Darkheart Hacker from Baradian's Wardens. Sorry, couldn't get the stupid link to work. : /
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
03/28/2011 01:38 PMPosted by Yvesh
for ret, shouldnt Blade of the Fearless be 2nd? or at least 3rd, im not sure if the stats are better than the bottomless pit sword, but it has the same stats and a slower swing time than the BS hammer, also, on that note, Arced War Axe should be below Foe Reaper, i believe, unless the ranking of the gear in the list is not according to order, in which case ignore me, :3

It´s really hard to rank the gear... for example:
You would be needing expertise because you are down the cap so you may find Arced War Axe a viable option, but if you are exp capped you may find that sword useless and maybe Sword of the Bottomless Pit is a better option.
Again: It´s hard to determine which one is better or worse... it´s a list of all the gear you can get before raiding, you have to make the choice :-)
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Anyone have a suggestion for a great rotation for Ret Paladin
Edited by Dragonznight on 4/2/2011 10:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Are these items in a certain order?
As in BiS [Best in Slot] comes first?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I"m confused as to why the Forged Elementium Mindcrusher weapon is listed as the third most desired weapon, while the Arced War Axe is listed as the 7th most desired weapon. The only difference between the two is that the crafted weapon has 0.1 dmg/sec more. It takes 3 chaos orbs, 5 hardened elementium, and 6 truegold to make the crafted weapon. Is it really worth 0.1 dmg/sec more?

thank you!
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I"m confused as to why the Forged Elementium Mindcrusher weapon is listed as the third most desired weapon, while the Arced War Axe is listed as the 7th most desired weapon. The only difference between the two is that the crafted weapon has 0.1 dmg/sec more. It takes 3 chaos orbs, 5 hardened elementium, and 6 truegold to make the crafted weapon. Is it really worth 0.1 dmg/sec more?

thank you!

Fixed, thank you!
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Are these items in a certain order?
As in BiS [Best in Slot] comes first?

Hi!
It´s hard to do a BIS list due to Hit / Exp caps.
Thank you!
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
03/30/2011 12:49 PMPosted by Ellinda
dont forget Darkheart Hacker from Baradian's Wardens. Sorry, couldn't get the stupid link to work. : /

Added, thank you!
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I think it would be worth relooking at your ret paladin gear list keeping in mind that the new stat priority ratings post the last patch moved mastery up to our best secondary stat (after hit and exp are capped), followed extremely closely by crit, but lagging way behind is haste.

Haste for Ret right now = reforge off to hit, exp, mast or crit in that priority

Look here for Redcaps stat waitings from Exemplar's EJ guide:
http://elitistjerks.com/f76/t110342-retribution_concordance_4_0_6_compliant/p24/#post1859320

As well I think you might want to consider weapon speed and raw damage a little more for ranking the 2 hand weapons as usually slow wep speed = higher dps for us, example....you have the TB sword way down the list and I suspect it at minimun belongs in the #3 slot (but in my opinion is actually better off in the #2 behind the epic Arch sword). You may have already considered this in which case I'd love it if you could link your source as everything I've read would suggest that the 3.8 speed weps top the list.

Khor at RetributionPaladins.com has done a nice job of putting together a similar list for ret pre raid...It's worth looking at.

http://retributionpaladins.com/

Just my 2 cents. Thanks again for outting this together.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
any suggestions on best place for troll tab or is it just e.k?
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Death Knight
how long did it take to get zin rokh and pauldrons of edward the odd???
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Why is Signet of the Elder Council so high on the list for prot, since neither agi or haste are that helpful for them?
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Why is Signet of the Elder Council so high on the list for prot, since neither agi or haste are that helpful for them?

Last response for the wing.

190 Agi provides .54% Dodge. You reforge the Haste for another .23% Dodge.

~.77% Dodge + 127 Mastery is a lot of CTC.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Cinnabar Shoulders
I'm not sure, but for holy, these shoulders should be fine.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I look forward to seeing this list updated for 4.1!

Last response for the wing.

190 Agi provides .54% Dodge. You reforge the Haste for another .23% Dodge.

~.77% Dodge + 127 Mastery is a lot of CTC.

To clarify, how good is this ring relative? I'm currently using the best two heroic 346 rings on the list...should I use this ring over one of them? Thanks again.
Edited by Jehfee on 4/26/2011 10:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
04/26/2011 07:12 AMPosted by Jehfee
To clarify, how good is this ring relative? I'm currently using the best two heroic 346 rings on the list...should I use this ring over one of them? Thanks again.

I have no idea which heroic rings you have and the servers are down so I can't give you numbers...but. I am 90% sure off the top of my head it is better then any blue ring.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]