Pandaria Paladin Pre Raid Gear Guide (5.2)

85 Human Paladin
04/26/2011 07:12 AMPosted by Jehfee
I look forward to seeing this list updated for 4.1!

Zul'Aman gear drops are in the guide already! but you can´t see it yet :-(
I´ll add Zul Gurub tomorrow early in the morning
Edited by Anairam on 4/26/2011 9:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
A note on tank gems, for red sockets, the Fine Ember Topaz may be worth mentioning. It's an orange gem with +20 Parry and +20 Mastery. For tanks with a more mitigation-oriented mindset.

And, for Ret weapons, Jeklik's Smasher should be added. Noticed there was a blank line in the weapons list, wasn't sure if that was specifically for this stick or not, but though I'd help out.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
A note on tank gems, for red sockets, the Fine Ember Topaz may be worth mentioning. It's an orange gem with +20 Parry and +20 Mastery. For tanks with a more mitigation-oriented mindset.

And, for Ret weapons, Jeklik's Smasher should be added. Noticed there was a blank line in the weapons list, wasn't sure if that was specifically for this stick or not, but though I'd help out.

Hi!
The Mace is already in the list but links to new items are not working yet :-(
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
This is a great guide! I appreciate your efforts on this!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Nice list, thanks for it. It'll be very helpful when gearing my paladin.

Just wanted to point out that you don't have the Amani Armguards, ZA zone drop, listed in the Prot gear.
Edited by Jekada on 5/7/2011 7:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
05/04/2011 05:03 PMPosted by Zhanchii
This is a great guide! I appreciate your efforts on this!

Thank you :-)
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Nice list, thanks for it. It'll be very helpful when gearing my paladin.

Just wanted to point out that you don't have the Amani Armguards, ZA zone drop, listed in the Prot gear.

Added, thank you!
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
would Plunderer's Gauntlets be used for ret or prot?
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
would Plunderer's Gauntlets be used for ret or prot?

Hi!
Heroic Dungeons drops +205 strength gloves (plus different stats) and it has +220 strength so it falls in the RET section :-)
And thank you, I`ve added it to the list too.
Edited by Anairam on 5/10/2011 5:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
id like to add Amulet of Protection for prot drops from Gri'lek in ZG
Reply Quote
Protection SET:
NECK:
Carrier Wave Pendant - Blackrock Caverns - Ascendant Lord Obsidius
The Lustrous Eye - 1250 Justice Points
Darkhowl Amulet - Halls of Origination - Temple Guardian Anhuur
Elementium Guardian - Jewelcrafting

I do not know how to link items, but for the neck piece a better option is the Amulet of Protection, it drops in ZG off Gri'lek. Epic neck 180 str, 270 stam, 130 dodge, and 102 mastery. Good guide though, thanks
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Pauldrons of Ambition This item is received from a quest from the Zul'Aman-quest: Warlord of the Amani the item is received after killing Daakara.
It's a slight holy upgrade from Harp Shell Pauldrons though, you do discard some haste for it, you can still reforge some, and the added bonuses to Int and spirit make it worth it imo. :D
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
id like to add Amulet of Protection for prot drops from Gri'lek in ZG

Added, thank you!
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Protection SET:
NECK:
Carrier Wave Pendant - Blackrock Caverns - Ascendant Lord Obsidius
The Lustrous Eye - 1250 Justice Points
Darkhowl Amulet - Halls of Origination - Temple Guardian Anhuur
Elementium Guardian - Jewelcrafting

I do not know how to link items, but for the neck piece a better option is the Amulet of Protection, it drops in ZG off Gri'lek. Epic neck 180 str, 270 stam, 130 dodge, and 102 mastery. Good guide though, thanks

Added, thank you!
Glad you liked the guide :-)
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Pauldrons of Ambition This item is received from a quest from the Zul'Aman-quest: Warlord of the Amani the item is received after killing Daakara.
It's a slight holy upgrade from Harp Shell Pauldrons though, you do discard some haste for it, you can still reforge some, and the added bonuses to Int and spirit make it worth it imo. :D

Added, thank you!
Reply Quote
86 Draenei Shaman
Jeklik's Smasher i believe should be added to the ret weapon because although its not better than the archaeologist one its still one of the best pre-raid. it drops from Jin'do the Godbreaker in ZG

Edited by Demëter on 5/12/2011 6:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
i know these posts help me get both my healing/tanking sets together where i am geared for raids with my guild and friends thanks a lot to every one that helped with this thread.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Hi, nice solid guide, too bad I'm pretty much past this stage. Few suggestions for holy:
Tyrande's favorite doll
Epic VP boots I think are better
Mention relic of eonar from vp vendor - cheap and also BiS this content patch
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Jeklik's Smasher i believe should be added to the ret weapon because although its not better than the archaeologist one its still one of the best pre-raid. it drops from Jin'do the Godbreaker in ZG

Added, thank you!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]