Pandaria Paladin Pre Raid Gear Guide (5.2)

(Sticky)

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Finishing off the Molten Front can get you a bunch of 365 gear also - to make effective use of your JP/VP, my suggestion would be to work there, which will get you your 365 cloak and 365 tank boots. Eventually, you will fill out rings / trinkets / relics, as well as 365 tank bracers and 365 dps belt. I'm using JP and VP purely for head / shoulders / chest / hands / legs / boots. You can always fill in with crafted items and 5-man gear - just be sure to plan so you don't end up spending JP on a 359 and then realize you can get a 365 to replace it in a couple of days. It's especially important when you're building two gear sets, which you will no matter which two pally specs you go with.

If you're bringing up an alt, also consider Bloodthirsty 358 crafted PVP pieces. You can fill in the gaps with these for not a lot of $$ to get your ilvl high enough for heroics and then replace them with proper specced 346's or above. The Bloodthirsty Pyrium pieces (for both ret or prot) are easy / cheap to craft since everyone's getting Volatile Fires from 4.2 content, though the Bloodthirsty Ornate tends to be more expensive as they require Volatile Water (sorry, Holy folks!).
Edited by Uradin on 8/23/2011 7:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I just obtained a Extinct Turtle Shell, curious where it would rank for prot, i crafted it from archeology (fossil)

Added, thank you!
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I recently obtained Hakkari Loa D#*@% ... it's at least as good as some of the other back items you have listed. Perhaps you should add it. When you reforge the mastery to haste or spirit ... it can hold it's own.

Added thank you!
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
07/07/2011 12:55 PMPosted by Maandrix
Your forgetting the Epic PvP weapons. Most of them are better than heroic weapons.

No PvP gear in this guide :-)
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
07/08/2011 10:06 PMPosted by Tyrelina
I didn't see the cape from Thrall's questline, or the two items from finishing the first three days of the hyjal quests that can be purchased?

Added Thrall´s chain quests loot today and Molten Front daily quests gear too!
Edited by Anairam on 8/23/2011 10:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Just a note from the start: I apologize if these are repeats of items that others have suggested to be added to the list or wondered why they were not on the list. I found this thread just recently and it appears that it has not been *fully* updated since the release of patch 4.2, as well as not completely satisfying questions I had about the relation/comparison between these pieces and the pieces you already have listed.

All of the items I will be inquiring about are in regards to the Protection spec, which will become obvious.

Head: Daybreaker Helm - Heroic BoT AND Dragon Bone Warhelm - Heroic BD.

Neck: Fireheart Necklace - Can be bought from Zen'Vorka for fairly cheap after doing some of the Molten Front dailies.

Back: Mantle of Patience - Reward from the quest "Elemental Bonds: The Vow."

Feet: Pyrelord Greaves - Can be bought from Zen'Vorka for fairly cheap after doing some of the Molten Front dailies.

Weapons: Mace of Acrid Death - Nice weapon, and the extra bonus is the Mace Specialization for some races, if that matters at all to anyone.

Enchants: For the leg piece, adding Drakehide Leg Armor is better than Charscale Leg Armor for us Paladins, right? (Considering the change to agility)

Items you removed from the list and I was wondering why besides perhaps just the multitude of other options:

Shield: Shield of the Four Grey Towers - Bought for 950 JP.

Neck: The Lustrous Eye - Bought for 1250 JP.

Thank you, Anairam, for your time and for the great guide!

Hi there!
Thank you for your review, I ´ve already added Molten Front Daily quests Gear and Thrall´s chain quests gear.
I´m not adding gear from raids, it´s a pre raid gear guide :-), it´s all about taking gear from dailies, quests, justice points, crafting and reputation.
I had to remove item´s due to character limitation problems (the guide is too big!)

PD: You cannot imagine the amount of gear I´ve removed from the original guide, here it is:

ITEMS REMOVED:

Helm of the Proud - 2200 Justice Points
Helm of Easeful Death - 2200 Justice Points
Crown of the Blazing Sun - 2200 Justice Points
Celadon Pendant - 1250 Justice Points
The Lustrous Eye - 1250 Justice Points
Sunburnt Pauldrons - 1650 Justice Points
Chestplate of the Steadfast - 2200 Justice Points
Numbing Handguards - 1650 Justice Points
Girdle of the Mountains - 1650 Justice Points
Greaves of Splendor - 2200 Justice Points
Shield of the Four Grey Towers - 950 Justice Points
Heaving Plates of Protection - Zone drop from The Bastion of Twilight Heroic (NOT dropping ATM)
Soul Blade Heroic (NOT dropping ATM).
Gloves of Curious Conscience - 1650 Justice Points
Legguards of the Gentle - 2200 Justice Points
Chestguard of Dancing Waves - 2200 Justice Points
Breastplate of Raging Fury - 2200 Justice Points
Reaping Gauntlets - 1650 Justice Points
Greaves of Gallantry - 2200 Justice Points
Pauldrons of the High Requiem - 1650 Justice Points
Beech Green Belt - 1650 Justice Points
Crown of the Blazing Sun - 2200 Justice Points
Celadon Pendant - 1250 Justice Points
Pendant of Quiet Breath - 1250 Justice Points
Skin of Stone - Zone Drop.
Acanthia's Lost Pendant - Zone Drop.
Terborus's Rotating Bands - Zone Drop.
Garr's Girdle of Memories - Zone Drop.
Alpheus Legguards - Zone Drop.
Terborus's Rotating Bands - Zone Drop
Darksky Treads - Zone Drop.
Edited by Anairam on 8/23/2011 10:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
What about valor point gear? There has to be some valor gear you can pick up that will be better than some of these.

Yeah I think Valor Point gear should be included, seeing as you can cap on Valor Points nowadays without stepping foot in a raid. That would net you your T12 chest, legs, bracers, relic, and necklace.

EDIT: and gloves

I will consider it, the guide is too big ATM and I will have to remove a lot of gear, it´s not that simple :-P
Edited by Anairam on 8/23/2011 10:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
To the guys who made this STICKY,

We appreciate your effort in doing this and would be glad if you can update it.. This sticky has been here for months now and there's been a lot of changes, additions, etc. You can also add the items you get from dailies like the molten front dailies... i got half of my gears from there..

This sticky is really helpful but it will be more of help if this is updated:))

Goodluck and have fun

Hi there!
Thank you for your review, yes, the guide was outdated, now it´s ready to go again, I had personal issues but now it´s all right.
Please check it and let me know!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Hi, I don't see http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/70108 added in there yet for prot. I guess you may have overlooked it ;)
Edited by Ozrek on 8/28/2011 12:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
09/05/2011 06:24 AMPosted by Etovaar
You forgot to add [item=56416] To the Pre-raid Tank gear list.

the item is Armguards of Unearthly Light. broken link :(

08/28/2011 12:22 AMPosted by Ozrek
Hi, I don't see http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/70108 added in there yet for prot. I guess you may have overlooked it ;)

abit late there dear, she already added the MF gear ;)

Hey Anairam :) abit offtopic humor but I think you should change Zin'rokh, Destroyer of Worlds to Zin'rokh, Destroyer of HOPES. just thought it would be more amusing since it's pretty much a destroyer of hopes lmao :D
Edited by Eleana on 9/6/2011 12:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Enchants: For the leg piece, adding Drakehide Leg Armor is better than Charscale Leg Armor for us Paladins, right? (Considering the change to agility)

Are you talking about ret or prot? Prot, yes Dodge is waaaaay better than Agility, Stam+Agility is something Bear Druids will be going after or maybe kitty, or even pvp rogues... but for paladins, agility is pretty much worthless. Dodge is better, alot better. for Ret you shouldn't even be consider either of those lol
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
For prot, you list the 378 crafted boots, but not the gloves?

(FYI - at this point on my server, I would consider both harder to obtain than raid gear, nobody is selling them, the patterns, or the living embers)
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
08/28/2011 12:22 AMPosted by Ozrek

That´s correct and now it´s added
Thanks!
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
09/06/2011 12:01 PMPosted by Eleana
You forgot to add [item=56416] To the Pre-raid Tank gear list.

the item is Armguards of Unearthly Light. broken link :(

abit late there dear, she already added the MF gear ;)

Hey Anairam :) abit offtopic humor but I think you should change Zin'rokh, Destroyer of Worlds to Zin'rokh, Destroyer of HOPES. just thought it would be more amusing since it's pretty much a destroyer of hopes lmao :D

Lol... yes, I´ve heard that a few times ;-)
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
For prot, you list the 378 crafted boots, but not the gloves?

(FYI - at this point on my server, I would consider both harder to obtain than raid gear, nobody is selling them, the patterns, or the living embers)

Yep, that was a mistake, now I´ve added it, thx!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Nice job with the lists! For people who don't have a chance to raid this is excellent.

That also brings my only critique. People can whine about pvp gear in pve all they want, but ret is so strength based that the 384 ilvl pvp gear is better than anything preraid (and even most raid stuff until firelands) because of the enormous amount of strength. This is especially true of the weapons. If your not raiding, it's the best option. This is even true with most of the vicious set but not nearly to the extent of the ruthless. The only exception are a coupe valor point pieces (ring and 2p bonus).

I know you already told Maandrix that there is no pvp gear in this guide, but ignoring obvious upgrades because it has the words "pvp" describing it is kind of silly.

Thanks for all the good work though otherwise!
Edited by Skiball on 9/28/2011 6:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Any way this could include ret gemming, reforging, enchanting? Seems like we would be well under hit/expertise cap after obtaining the BiS items from this list

All in all though, a very good list. thank you

You can use Mr. Robot
Here's the website. www.askmrrobot.com
Reply Quote
Just started playing my ret again because I'm a masochist (as if maining a hunter wasn't indication enough). I could be horribly wrong but are pvp gloves viable? Essentially losing some of a secondary stat for 5% to CS seems like a fair trade.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]