Pandaria Paladin Pre Raid Gear Guide (5.2)

90 Blood Elf Paladin
GREAT thread...glad it was stickied...

For the relic/libram spot of Holy, i have Singed Plume of Aviana...its higher int, spr, and ilvl...also there's a heroic version from Avengers of Hyjal dailies thats ilvl 391, I believe...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I was wondering why there are dps gloves and tanking gloves but no healer plate gloves in the new 5 mans...(ie: End Time, Well of Eternity and Hour of Twilight) nor may I add in any of the quests. Any of the powers that be want to answer this please.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Looking over the Protection Sets, How come there isn't any belt section. Or am I Just blind?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Please excuse me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't Treads of the Past be a better choice than Chrono Boots? Untill 102%, Mastery seems the way to go. As you can see with my gear, I'm still working on getting to that magical number. So although I just won the Chrono Boots, I think I may stick with the Treads for the Mastery.

Or am I off mark?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Bumping this thread, but I also want to point out that you don't have gemming for Ret...or am I just looking past it?
Reply Quote
Hi guys, I know that MoP is releasing soon, and I didn't play through Cata. However I haven't played, and figured that I would start leveling up and hopefully see a couple months of content.

However, a little nervous about not knowing and bosses and gear, getting used to a new computer (keybinds + tuk UI).

I am wondering, what would you suggest, for gearing quick enough or suitable enough to tank through two or three, mid-level raids by the time MoP releases? What would be the best dungeon/RF progression (haven't seen RF yet), or BOE's.
(I noticed Justice points, BTW. are they still capped at 4k?)

Thanks!
Edited by Andvari on 2/17/2012 9:20 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
So as of this newest patch are the best stats for a ret pally crit and haste? Ive been told that haste is unimportant when gearing a ret pally. Thanks for the help in advance!
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
First off: Thank you SO much for this list. I love pre-raid lists and feel they aren't out there enough.

Secondly: Sorry for the silly question, but I'm building a set of PVE gear to switch from my PVP set (I'm about halfway done) so I've missed out on key discussions regarding stats in PVE, and I wanted to know if these are listed in a desired descending order?

Mostly, I'm curious about the Holy trinkets.

I've always been using Core of Ripeness and DMC: Tsunami. I recently got the trinket out of Well of Eternity and switched out the DMC. But is Tyrande's Favorite Doll better than the Core of Ripeness? I ask because I DO have it, and just haven't found a place for it on a character yet.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
GREAT thread...glad it was stickied...

For the relic/libram spot of Holy, i have Singed Plume of Aviana...its higher int, spr, and ilvl...also there's a heroic version from Avengers of Hyjal dailies thats ilvl 391, I believe...

Fixed, thank you!
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
01/12/2012 02:31 AMPosted by Moronii
Looking over the Protection Sets, How come there isn't any belt section. Or am I Just blind?

Hi!
The belt section is the Waist section and the items are:
WAIST:
Girdle of Lost Heroes - End Time - All Echos
Girdle of the Indomitable Flame - Requires Avengers of Hyjal - Honored
Hardened Elementium Girdle - Blacksmith
Belt of the Ferocious Wolf - Exalted with Guardians of Hyjal "Reforge and Gemm correctly"
Coils of Hate - Zul'Gurub - High Priest Venoxis
Edited by Anairam on 3/9/2012 6:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Please excuse me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't Treads of the Past be a better choice than Chrono Boots? Untill 102%, Mastery seems the way to go. As you can see with my gear, I'm still working on getting to that magical number. So although I just won the Chrono Boots, I think I may stick with the Treads for the Mastery.

Or am I off mark?

Hi, you should use tanking boots for tanking and dps boots for dpsing... I believe :-D
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
02/13/2012 09:49 PMPosted by Felila
Bumping this thread, but I also want to point out that you don't have gemming for Ret...or am I just looking past it?

Hi!
I had to remove gemming due to character limitation Problems :-(
If you need gemming advice, please check http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2267589223
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
02/22/2012 03:10 AMPosted by Stormslayer
So as of this newest patch are the best stats for a ret pally crit and haste? Ive been told that haste is unimportant when gearing a ret pally. Thanks for the help in advance!

Hi!
The stats are:
Hit to cap (8.00%) > Expertise to cap (16 + GoSoT) > Mastery > Crit > Haste
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Thumbs uppin a good guide
Reply Quote
93 Blood Elf Paladin
Great guide!

Thumbs up
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Hi the list is indeed very useful! I just wanted to ask why are the valor items omitted? (only the justice items are listed). Sorry if it's a stupid question just wondering!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
No Ret gemming section? I didn't go through all the pages so don't send rage if you did already post.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
Aye, I agree. I haven't yet seen whether you've posted any Ret gem ideas already, but I know they'd be on the front page if you had. I absolutely second a Ret gemming section, it would finish off what's an absolutely amazing one-stop guide to gearing up Pallys.
Edited by Sacredbeef on 7/8/2012 8:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I´m sorry I had to remove the gemming section from Ret guide, I´m having character limitation problems :-(
I will open a ticket and try to ask for more space.
Pandaria is around the corner anyway :-D If they don´t remove this sticky I will update it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]