Pandaria Paladin Pre Raid Gear Guide (5.2)

(Sticky)

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Looks like a good guide, and a good update to MoP.

As someone who drew up my own lists and has been farming pretty intensely over the past week, I did notice one omission (pretty obvious why, if you armory me :-P) -

Soulrender Greatcloak from Thalnos in Scarlet Monastery is also very much a pre-raid prot cloak, and one I have sadly yet to see drop. >.<
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Might I add, the neck from Klaxxi now only requires Honored Reputation.
Not sure if it's supposed to be honored now or not, I haven't checked.
:)
Reply Quote
Disappointing.. I haven't played yet and was just looking through the gear to get a feel. All 3 helms and shoulders have the exact same design... I don't understand why Blizz can't give a little creativity between gear designs at high level
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Might I add, the neck from Klaxxi now only requires Honored Reputation.
Not sure if it's supposed to be honored now or not, I haven't checked.
:)

It's honored, got it yesterday with just dread wastes quests :) very nice neck too.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Impervious Carapace seems to be missing from the shield list for Protection.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Wondering why Mogu'Dar, Blade of the Thousand Slaves is not listed in the BiS for Retribution Paladins.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Very nice effort here and thank you for that.

My question is in regards to the weights you are assigning to stats in order to judge your gear list.
Are you working from a pure dps standpoint of str > hast > mast > crit?

I'm wondering because the gear I'm "aiming" for in heroics is ranked differently from that which you list. Still all the same gear but just in a diffrent order. I've been aiming for hit cap, exp cap, then str, haste, mast, crit with the goal of reforging only to improve hit/exp cap and depending on the gear moving mast and crit to haste when I can.

Thanks again. Great List
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Not all of the tank items shown are optimal for their spot. Namely, anything that you can replace with Haste Mastery would be better.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
For Retribution , you have wrongly placed Commanding Bracers and Binding of Broken Dreams under Chest pieces. :)
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
10/31/2012 01:47 PMPosted by Faestus
Impervious Carapace seems to be missing from the shield list for Protection.

Added, thank you!
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Wondering why Mogu'Dar, Blade of the Thousand Slaves is not listed in the BiS for Retribution Paladins.

Added, thank you!
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Very nice effort here and thank you for that.

My question is in regards to the weights you are assigning to stats in order to judge your gear list.
Are you working from a pure dps standpoint of str > hast > mast > crit?

I'm wondering because the gear I'm "aiming" for in heroics is ranked differently from that which you list. Still all the same gear but just in a diffrent order. I've been aiming for hit cap, exp cap, then str, haste, mast, crit with the goal of reforging only to improve hit/exp cap and depending on the gear moving mast and crit to haste when I can.

Thanks again. Great List

Ty for your comments :-D
The list is just ranked by item lvl.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
For Retribution , you have wrongly placed Commanding Bracers and Binding of Broken Dreams under Chest pieces. :)

Ups :-) ... fixed and ty!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Awesome guide. Bookmarking it for when I'm 90 as I plan on making this BE here my main toon. So, I'll definitely need the help getting all geared up.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Great stuff, however...don't know if it's been mentioned, but you can throw away your raiding tier for Holy and just go farm BG's if you want to be a top healer.
Cause the 4-set PvP is superior to even heroic tier.
Divine Purpose+Eternal FLame+ 4 set PvP means you can sustain 100k without a sweat.
70-80k with 4 set PvE, still have to manage mana.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Thank you for guide ...I received Durable Necklace of the Golden Lotus after doing the daily "the final power" Golden Lotus quest in the vale of Eternal Blosoms. Seems as if this ranks right up with suggestion for neckware...and the price is right 0 VP
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Thank you for guide ...I received Durable Necklace of the Golden Lotus after doing the daily "the final power" Golden Lotus quest in the vale of Eternal Blosoms. Seems as if this ranks right up with suggestion for neckware...and the price is right 0 VP

Added all of them, thank you!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Riverbed Chestguard isn't listed under Ret Chestpieces, and it is very much a DPS chest if I'm not mistaken ;)

Drops from Wise Mari in Temple of the Jade Serpent.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
This guide is very helpful for my holy pally so I gotta say thanks and sticky please
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Awesome post and extremely useful for warriors and DKs as well :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]