Possible Transfer

85 Blood Elf Paladin
Hey everyone hows it going. If someone would be so kind as to answer a few questions for me i would appreciate it. Thanks in advance...

1. are there ever any Que times to login to the server?
2. I don't do a whole lot of bg's, but when i do, how are the wait times?
3. how would rate this server on a scale of 1 to 10, as far as player skill doing heroics. 10 being the best.
4. would you say there are more mature helpful players, or more, I'm out for myself players.
5. how would you overall rate this server from 1 to 10, Ten being the best...economy, friendly, skillful, finding guilds, etc...

Horde/Alliance Ratio?

Thanks again for any feedback you can give, save the gtfo's and the "original" replies :) thanks...
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
Hey there Nilez - I transferred to Ysera back in August and am entirely happy with my decision. I'll directly answer questions as best I can, speaking from Horde-side:

1) No. I've never seen a queue time to log onto this server, and the only time I've had trouble logging in was authentication server issues wholly out of my hands.

2) I can't speak about this, since at this time I'm more focused on getting achievements and leveling alts. However, Alliance almost always has Tol Barad right now.

3) Last I knew, random heroic dungeon-finding is based on Battlegroup, so I can't speak to Ysera player skills directly. Your group composition is really a crapshoot - sometimes you'll have absolutely fail ones, other times you'll have great groups. I've been running heroics with my guild now because I've been burned in heroics with regard to gearing (a tank rolling on a DPS trinket I needed to provide a second roll for his kitty druid guildmate). However, that's not saying this will happen to you, and you may very easily find a guild that suits your needs quickly enough to just run heroics with them. Truth be told, this is no different than any other server you'll find yourself on.

4) From what I've observed, you'll find more helpful, mature players than the latter. Of course, there are the trolls, elitists, overall jerks, and so forth who will scold you for even asking an easily answerable question in Trade chat ("Dude, go WoWHead it"), but you'll generally find yourself being helped far more often.

5a) Economy: 8. It fluctuates. There's been high demand on raw materials (ores to prospect, herbs to mill and craft into flasks), though there's more supply now, which will drive pricing down. Crafted materials on the AH can be expensive - but if you're the seller, you're likely to receive a pretty penny for those wanting the best items available before raids.

5b) Friendly: 8. See Question 4.

5c) Skillful: 7-8. I'd heard of ICC being pugged and those groups getting decently into the raid - that should say something.

5d) Finding Guilds: 9-10. There are plenty out there that cover a wide assortment of what players are looking for. If you want the top-end, world-ranked guilds, you'll find them. If you want more casual, you'll find them. Something in between? Plenty.

Overall, I've found Ysera to be exactly what I was looking for in my time on WoW. You'll see people diss the server for various reasons (these often contain comparisons to Vanilla WoW), but you should only care about whether you'll get your personal gaming needs form Ysera.

Hope this helped. Best of luck in your decision.
Reply Quote
6 Worgen Warlock
01/08/2011 5:54 PMPosted by Bropresence
I can't get to everyone, OK? It's hard to fulfill all of those roles at once. Don't worry, though, I am trying to refine my jerk mentality in an effort to be a troll, elitist and overall jerk across all of Ysera.
Ironic considering how easy it was to drive you out of the previous thread. Might of wanted to add you get butthurt by level 6 alts.

Yes, Team Cupcake is constantly recruiting unskilled individuals like the one above.

http://teamcupcake.guildomatic.com/
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
01/08/2011 5:54 PMPosted by Bropresence
Yeah, and then there's:

*Chubi
*Kaeldin
*Calphy

And the rest of the hallowed trolls who grace trade chat with their presence. This week, trade mourns the passing of Michael Jordan, the king of pop and one of the youngest men ever to win the Masters. Good night, sweet prince.

WOOT! First name mentioned. /feels special

kinda funny, i've barely been in trade since cata.... must..... find..... arch rares....... AHHHHHHH
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I read this, and saw Chubi named, and felt a sadness cuz I haven't seen you on so much :< but kudos on the troll thing :D
Reply Quote
3 Worgen Warrior
It really is quite a shame that the majority of the decent guilds on the server have fallen apart, and we're stuck with the likes of Team Cupcake and Natural Order, grovelling at the feet of their betters.

I mean, what?
Reply Quote
Been on a few servers myself and Ysera is pretty decent. In wrath the pug scene got very decent with a good amount of raid pugs to choose from at most times of the day with a select few downing Sarth 3d when it was relevant and the various drake achievements. The servers guilds are varied, but if you are looking for more skilled progression guilds they are here and honestly you just have to look for stickies when they are recruiting. As mentioned above, there are many less serious guilds, running from the casual raiding to the casually pathetic ( Which can be fun if it happens to be your kind of masochism. )
Reply Quote
3 Worgen Warrior
Oh, I was under the impression you were only terrible at pvp. Apparently you are terrible at both pvp and pve.

Not surprised, to be perfectly honest with you.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I read this, and saw Chubi named, and felt a sadness cuz I haven't seen you on so much :< but kudos on the troll thing :D

I haven't gotten the dam troll thing :( that race is really stingy considering how much i've done for them!!! also WTS Fossil Fragments! PST. Only got about 1500 of these things wasting space that are gonna go away in the next stupid patch cause blizz hates me :(
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
thank you for all your replies. I'm just wondering if the census data is up to date. Do the alliance outnumber the horde 2:1?

Thank you folks...
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
01/11/2011 9:52 AMPosted by Nilez
thank you for all your replies. I'm just wondering if the census data is up to date. Do the alliance outnumber the horde 2:1?

Thank you folks...

Last I knew, the Alliance:Horde was just about even. It might be thrown off now with more alts being created, but I can't be certain of that.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Great thank you, im looking forward to getting off of a high population server where horde outnumber alliance by like 6:1.,

Thanks again,

Niles
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]