Why no holy paladin BOA?

85 Dwarf Shaman
There is only 1 Plate BOA for Holy Paladin and that is a PvP BOA with Resilience > Pristine Lightforge Spaulders

This is upsetting to me as I was just about to make a Paladin Alt. Why should Paladin be the only class who MUST use BOA gear that was created for other classes?

Not to mention that Paladins who have all PLATE equipped are buffed:

Plate Specialization:
Increases your primary attribute by 5% while wearing Plate in all armor slots. Holy specialization grants Intellect, Protection specialization grants Stamina, and Retribution specialization grants Strength.
http://www.wowhead.com/spell=86525

YES I know > Holy Paly could wear mail, or leather, or cloth, but thats a horrible argument, just like a shaman could use leather or cloth, but yet they have a BOA set for them > as does every other class/spec that I know of. Not to mention with Cataclysm comes more BOA plate > unfortunately its all useless to a Holy Paladin.

I dont expect a Blue to respond to this, because what could be their excuse for this other than lack of care? How hard would it have been to throw some caster stats on 2 pieces of armor?

Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
because every other class has a dps spec associated with the armor type.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
^^^^ XD
Reply Quote
72 Orc Rogue
They're busy on Project Titan, bro.

The intern they have stuck on WoW doesn't even play.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I know there isn't a full BOA set for holy but theres is a shoulder item Pristine Lightforge Spaulders

It is sold by the vendor in Wintergrasp for honor points (previously stone keepers shards)
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
I know there isn't a full BOA set for holy but theres is a shoulder item Pristine Lightforge Spaulders

It is sold by the vendor in Wintergrasp for honor points (previously stone keepers shards)

do you even read posts before you try to respond to them? READ THE FIRST LINE EVEN?
Reply Quote
34 Tauren Paladin
The 5% increase to intell isn't going to make or break you while leveling 50 - 80. Just use the mail or cloth heirloom items, at least you can re-use those for another toon in the future.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I guess they didn't want to have both Int mail and Int plate be used by only one class.
Reply Quote
6 Troll Shaman
You don't even get the 5% until level 80 and mastery, at which point BoA's stop working. So yeah, it kind of sucks, but in the end, it doesn't matter.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
The mail shammy chest plus those shoulders worked just fine for me while lvling. Plus you can also get that boa mace for your pally.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
01/10/2011 11:09 AMPosted by Lylthe
You don't even get the 5% until level 80 and mastery, at which point BoA's stop working. So yeah, it kind of sucks, but in the end, it doesn't matter.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=86525

Requires level 50
Edited by Lostwind on 1/10/2011 3:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
Just use the cloth BoAs while you level. 5% won't make a diff as you level. At 85, switch it out for your holy gear.

Holy Paladins are just the oddball out being the ONLY CASTER PLATE class.
Reply Quote
6 Troll Shaman
I stand corrected. I thought it was linked to mastery.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I too find it somewhat unfair, entirely exclusionary, not to have caster plate heirloom gear.

The Burnished Helm of Might and Polished Helm of Valor headpieces (available to level 20+ guild members) help to level you even faster - albeit without attribute percentage gains.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Bah, suck it up. So you don't get your extra XP boost, who cares. Dungeons aren't hard to heal through and 5% of what, 1500 int at level 80 is an extra 75. It's not as game breaking as all you whiners make it out to be. Sure other classes have it and sure, they will probably cave in and put boa int plate in, but it is not something to post for 700 thousandth time. Be patient and wait for them to do it if you want it so bad. It's not like your post is gonna suddenly make them aware of the issue.

Reply Quote
82 Human Paladin
01/10/2011 09:21 AMPosted by Minotaur
The 5% increase to intell isn't going to make or break you while leveling 50 - 80. Just use the mail or cloth heirloom items, at least you can re-use those for another toon in the future.

This.

I didn't even bother with armor class type. I'm not getting hit, so who cares? Even so, I ran with the chest piece, because it still has stam/crit on it, as well as the exp bonus.

Low levels will not be hard at all. I healed Outland dungeons in the worst possible healing gear. 70% of it had some sort of int or spirit, rest were strength based since my main spec is Ret. I was even wearing the healing leather boots from SFK. Still told the tank "Pull as much as you like" and to warlocks "Tap as much as you like". I never went oom, you'll be fine.

It is a bummer that there isn't a healing plate chest, but, oh well, the experience bonus is all that really matters.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
holy pallies do have plate they can wear. it just shows up as mail when you are lower level. when you hit 50 and train plate it becomes plate. same with the tank and dps items for pallies.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
@Nuhmey What are you talking about? You must mean RET/PROT Paladins have plate they can wear. Sure thats true. But this entire topic is about HOLY paladins. and HOLY paladins do NOT have any Plate BoA's they can wear except for the shoulders. You're kind of an idiot.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
09/02/2011 11:53 AMPosted by Erectimus
@Nuhmey What are you talking about? You must mean RET/PROT Paladins have plate they can wear. Sure thats true. But this entire topic is about HOLY paladins. and HOLY paladins do NOT have any Plate BoA's they can wear except for the shoulders. You're kind of an idiot.

Kind of? He said train plate at 50. I think he qualifies completely.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]