Reins of the Blue Drake

100 Blood Elf Mage
So since I have been unable to find official Blizzard documentation on this item I come to the forums.

There's hear-say information on wowhead & wowwiki where this item drops. Whether its Oculus of the Ley-Guardians Chache or 10man Malygos.

I opened a ticket to find out exactly to clear things up, waited for days, only to have them tell me they aren't gonna tell me, like its some kind of f'ing secret and they say to check wowhead or wowpedia. Due to expansion changes etc... information on wowhead and wowwiki, etc... are UNRELIABLE! I feel this is the kind of change Blizzard should be including in patch notes or something.

In my ticket I asked which it dropped from or if from both (in short).

So now I ask, since Cataclysm has dropped, have you gotten it? Seen it drop? And from where?

I'm here to do Blizzard's job for them.
--------------------------------------------------

Just want to confirm after seeing it for myself today 1/10/2011

It *DOES* still drop in Oculus from the Cache of the Ley-Guardian.

PS Blizzard was it really that big of a secret you couldn't have just said "Yes it drops in both." FFS.
Edited by Polarstorm on 1/10/2011 5:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
72 Night Elf Warrior
It drops from Malygos.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
It was also in the 4.0.1 patch notes.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
I remember seeing it somewhere (I'm pretty sure in some patch notes) that the Blue Drake was moved back to 10 man maly, and the azure one still drops from 25 man maly.

Edit: ah Ty Mordrid.
Edited by Kazecap on 1/10/2011 3:10 AM PST
Reply Quote
76 Orc Death Knight
Reins of the Blue Drake drops at the end of Oculus.

Reins of the Azure Drake drops at the end of 10-man Malygos.

Got this from Wowhead. Not sure if it still applies though, seeing as a lot of Wowhead's info still needs to be updated to Cata.

EDIT: Actually, I was wrong. Wowhead also states in the patch info sections that:

Reins of the Blue Drake once again drops from the 10-man Malygos encounter.

Reins of the Azure Drake will once again drop in the 25-man version only.
Edited by Empyrrean on 1/10/2011 3:12 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Hunter
If I'm not mistaken and we're talking about the same item, i got reigns of the blue proto-drake from skadi on heroic: Utgarde Pinacle.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
nope, blue drake not the blue proto drake. used to be the bait blizz used to get people to actually finish oculus on heroic but is now back to being a malygos drop.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
It was also in the 4.0.1 patch notes.

No it wasn't.

http://www.wowhead.com/patchnotes=4.0.1
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
It was in the 4.0.3a patch notes.

"Reins of the Blue Drake
This mount will once again be available from defeating 10-player Malygos without needing to use the Dungeon Finder. The Reins of the Azure Drake will only be available on 25-player Malygos."
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
http://www.wowhead.com/patchnotes=4.0.3a

not in there either.

Anyways, I guess more specifically I want to hear from people who have gotten it since 4.0.3, and if you got in in Oculus.
Edited by Polarstorm on 1/10/2011 3:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
84 Night Elf Druid
As previously stated it no longer drops from oculus. It used to, back when no one would ever finish Oculus until they added this drop, but now there is no incentive needed since no one does these instances.

IE: You have to do Malygos 10-man to get it.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
It isn't stated on wowhead for some reason, but it is stated on other wow related sites such as mmo champion.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/2086-Patch-4.0.3a-on-live-realms-this-week
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
As previously stated it no longer drops from oculus. It used to, back when no one would ever finish Oculus until they added this drop, but now there is no incentive needed since no one does these instances.

IE: You have to do Malygos 10-man to get it.

The problem with this is it's hear-say, there is no official documentation stating it no longer drops from from the Ley-Guardian Cache in Oculus and only drops from Malygos. Only that it's now available again in 10man Malygos.

______

Well just queued random LK heroic on my Paladin, got Oculus and the Mount dropped from the Cache of the Ley-Guardian.
Edited by Polarstorm on 1/10/2011 6:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
Bump for clarification that it does still drop from Oculus. See first post edit.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]