Tremor Totem and Cleansing Waters nerfed

85 Dwarf Shaman
Mana Tide Totem has been redesigned. The totem no longer multiplies the Spirit of those affected by it. It instead gives a flat amount of Spirit equal to 400% of the casting shaman’s Spirit, exclusive to short-term Spirit buffs affecting the shaman when the totem is dropped.

Can someone explain what this means please? I don't think I understand the change.

I beleive the change to Hex was to bring it in line with other pvp crowd control effects.

I thought the fact that Hex had a cooldown was the reason it was given a longer duration, because it couldn't be spammed.

Thus CC that could be spammed, lasted less in length because they could be reapplied.

Seems like an unecessary change, especially since Hex is the only form of Crowd Control the class has.

Furthermore, players can still move in hex as well as use abilities like stealth and totems (not sure as to what else). No other CC allows you control of your character in such a manner.

Therefore, if I catch you with your trinket down, I want you to sit in that hex, because I can't reapply it. I worked hard to get you to waste your trinket on my frost shock root/frost shock snare/earthbind root.

So sit in the hex because I outplayed you.
80 Gnome Mage
01/10/2011 9:18 PMPosted by Zarhym
Those changes were only announced in the context of warlock changes. I recognize though that the first draft of patch notes did not yet have shaman changes listed. In light of that -- and to hopefully dissuade you all from invading the warlock forum about the changes I listed there -- below you'll find the tentative shaman notes. The patch notes will likely be updated to include these changes tomorrow evening.

Shaman

• Chain Heal’s effectiveness has been increased by approximately 10%.

• Hex now has a PvP duration of 8 seconds.

• Purge now dispels a single effect instead of two.

• Tremor Totem has been redesigned. The totem is now usable under Fear, Charm, or Sleep effects, and pulses much more rapidly, but lasts 6 seconds and has a 1-minute cooldown.

• Talent Specializations

• Elemental Combat

• Earthquake damage has been increased by approximately 10%.

• Enhancement

• Flametongue Weapon damage now scales from attack power instead of spell power (for Enhancement shaman only).

• Purge no longer has its mana cost reduced by Mental Quickness.

• Restoration

• Cleansing Waters no longer fires its heal effect twice when a shaman removes a Magic and a Curse debuff with a single cast.

• Deep Healing (Mastery) has been increased to 3% per point, up from 2.5%.

• Greater Healing Wave mana cost has been increased by 10%; healing done has been increased by 20%.

• Mana Tide Totem has been redesigned. The totem no longer multiplies the Spirit of those affected by it. It instead gives a flat amount of Spirit equal to 400% of the casting shaman’s Spirit, exclusive to short-term Spirit buffs affecting the shaman when the totem is dropped.

Hehehe. If these are the nerfs shaman got, I can't wait to see the nerfs that the frost mages with double the representation of shaman get. This will be funny.

Or they'll dodge the nerf bat entirely...
wtb Delete Post button
Edited by Snöt on 1/10/2011 10:10 PM PST
90 Tauren Shaman
01/10/2011 10:07 PMPosted by Scandall

Can someone explain what this means please? I don't think I understand the change.

You can't time it with tear of blood and another trinket to cause mana tide to be "all your mana back".
84 Blood Elf Paladin
Nerf enh purge to 1 dispell
Reduce the CD on tremor to 30 seconds (make if a !@@*ing glpyh if you have to)
Keep Cleansing Waters as it was before

The rest is fine.

Oh and give us a defensive cooldown every other healer has one.

There you go blizzard I just did your job for you, you're welcome.
85 Goblin Shaman
@Ryux: you're reading it wrong. Basically what happens is you pop spirit trinkets, get an insane amount of spirit, then mana tide. Then everybody in the group gets spirit equal to 400% of the amount when your tide went out.

It's an insane buff, imo. Now you don't have to wait for everyone to hit their spirit trinkets to pop it. You just pop your own then tide and get an insane amount of mana back from it.
Edited by Ranixxi on 1/10/2011 10:12 PM PST
01/10/2011 9:18 PMPosted by Zarhym
  • Tremor Totem has been redesigned. The totem is now usable under Fear, Charm, or Sleep effects, and pulses much more rapidly, but lasts 6 seconds and has a 1-minute cooldown.

• Gosh.

This nerf will be very annoying when dealing with PVE dungeons where enemies cast fear balanced around the previous behavior of Tremor Totem.
    85 Dwarf Shaman
    01/10/2011 10:09 PMPosted by Ahumm

You can't time it with tear of blood and another trinket to cause mana tide to be "all your mana back".

Well..that totally sucks.

it IS still group wide, right?

Also, would this mean we're looking for different trinkets now? Spirit Procs were the ebst Resto trinkets because of mana Tide, but now what MT isn't effected by them, would we want different trinkets? Or would the spirit still help by itself?
    90 Tauren Shaman
    01/10/2011 10:11 PMPosted by Ranixxi
    @Ryux: you're reading it wrong. Basically what happens is you pop spirit trinkets, get an insane amount of spirit, then mana tide. Then everybody in the group gets spirit equal to 400% of the amount when your tide went out.

It's an insane buff, imo. Now you don't have to wait for everyone to hit their spirit trinkets to pop it. You just pop your own then tide and get an insane amount of mana back instantly.

It was changed to prevent this "short term" pretty much means "trinkets"
    80 Gnome Mage

It's an insane buff, imo.

You're reading it wrong. Basically, what happens on live is you pop spirit trinkets, get an insane amount of spirit, then mana tide.

In 4.0.6, temporary buffs like trinkets no longer count so your group gets 400% of your spirit before trinkets and procs. So you just drop mana tide whenever, because you don't need to line up trinkets or weapon procs.
    Edited by Step on 1/10/2011 10:13 PM PST

It's an insane buff, imo. Now you don't have to wait for everyone to hit their spirit trinkets to pop it. You just pop your own then tide and get an insane amount of mana back from it.

I think you might be misreading it.

Doesn't exclusive to mean that it won't work with those short-term spirit buffs?
    85 Goblin Shaman
    edit: misread it.
    Edited by Ranixxi on 1/10/2011 10:15 PM PST
    85 Human Paladin
    Mana Tide Totem has been redesigned. The totem no longer multiplies the Spirit of those affected by it. It instead gives a flat amount of Spirit equal to 400% of the casting shaman’s Spirit, exclusive to short-term Spirit buffs affecting the shaman when the totem is dropped.

This means the buff will scale off of the shaman casting it, rather than the people receiving it.

The exclusive to short-term buffs bit means it will override things like trinkets that increase your spirit for X seconds, basically keeping you from stacking big spirit buffs all at once.
    This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]