Benefits of Blacksmithing?

85 Blood Elf Paladin
Prot Pally here, about to hit 60 and 300 blacksmithing. I know I have a long way to go, but I've started to think about the end-game. Any proud and learned Smiths out there that care to educate me on the amazing gear I'll be able to make at 85/525 to make all this cost and toil to level BS worthwhile?
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
there are 2 additional gem slots (bracers and gloves) aswell as at high levels you can make use of chaos orbs to create epic quality gear. and besides who doesn't love seeing made by <your name> on thier gear
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
I do find it rather satisfying to mouse over my chest piece and see:

<Made by Mir>

on it the tooltip :3
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
How's the money making for BS? How well does this pair up with Enchanting? or would it be better to keep mining?

I'm planning getting BS when I hit 85 and just powerleveling it as I've beens saving my ores.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Are there any sockets to be added to weapons? I was always curious about that..
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
You do realize that this thread is almost a year old
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
No, currently the only way to add a socket to a weapon is part 2 of the legendary quest line.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
It makes me made we need living steel from greedy alc's for living steel belt buckle.

All that work to get to 600 only to rely on others..
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
It makes me made we need living steel from greedy alc's for living steel belt buckle.

All that work to get to 600 only to rely on others..

And where exactly do you think all those bars you leveled with came from? Another profession. All crafting professions (except perhaps tailoring) rely on other professions for materials. Nature of the beast and has been since the game launched.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Thanks, Solution.

Sorry for necroing this thread. I didn't realize until after that this was a year old!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]