An Analysis of Future Warlock Changes

85 Dwarf Priest
I'm honestly in awe that the changes that need to be made, are being made much more rapidly than in previous seasons.

Well done, and keep up the work; lots of good threads on AJ with constructive ideas.
90 Troll Shaman
SHAMAN ARE ACTUALLY GETTING IN ON THE PATCHNOTES /jizz
edit: I both like and dislike the tremor totem change, sucks for pve but I think it'll be nice for pvp.
Edited by Fenrÿr on 1/10/2011 8:45 PM PST
85 Blood Elf Warlock
01/10/2011 8:17 PMPosted by Zarhym
Also - any comment on T11 set bonuses? Most agree the 2pc is very underwhelming, and the 4pc is such a small impact that it is virtually indistinguishable with not having a 4pc bonus at all.

The PvE warlock 4-piece set bonus (Fel Spark) now increases the damage done by the next 2 Fel Flame spells by 300%, rather than increasing the critical effect chance of one by 100%.

The PvP warlock 4-piece set bonus has been redesigned. It now reduces the cooldown of Death Coil by 30 seconds.

2) Tremor - Any chance Tremor is being evaluated along with cleansing waters? It feels really really outdated given the state of dispels all around.

Tremor Totem has been redesigned. The totem is now usable under Fear, Charm, or Sleep effects, and pulses much more rapidly, but lasts 6 seconds and has a 1-minute cooldown.

Kind of courious which type of nerf it is going to be:

1. A huge nerf to the amount healed

2. It can only proc once per dispel

TBH #2 is prolly needed but #1 guts the talent. Locks are the only class that can proc the heal twice.

Cleansing Waters no longer fires its heal effect twice when a shaman removes a Magic and a Curse debuff with a single cast.

Good changes overall. The tremor change in particular. I've said for a long time that I thought tremor was too powerful for the whole team but weak at preventing the Shaman from being feared and this addresses that very issue by allowing him to drop it while feared but giving it a cooldown. Nice job.
Edited by Lochtarius on 1/10/2011 8:46 PM PST
85 Goblin Warlock
01/10/2011 8:39 PMPosted by Aggressive
Is there any word on improved Soulfire. last thing on it was that you guys wanted to redesign it. Please do tell.

Please any info on this?
I hope Blizzard is planning on not nerfing hellfires range back to default or are atleast going to nerf sap range. The reason for the range increase from Blizzards standpoint may have been to help in pve a little, but all warlocks know it was mainly used for destealthing in pvp, which has helped with fighting rogues and ferals so much.
90 Blood Elf Priest

Cleansing Waters no longer fires its heal effect twice when a shaman removes a Magic and a Curse debuff with a single cast.

You stated that you wanted to nerf cleansing waters for shadow priests too. Curious, how exactly does this affect us?
90 Human Warlock
01/10/2011 8:17 PMPosted by Zarhym
The PvP warlock 4-piece set bonus has been redesigned. It now reduces the cooldown of Death Coil by 30 seconds.

I will now Honor grind.
85 Blood Elf Warlock
01/10/2011 3:15 PMPosted by Zarhym
Good thread. While you're compiling feedback about the 4.0.6 warlock changes posted thus far, I want to make mention that the Glyph of Soul Swap change is being reverted for now. We don't feel that particular change is necessary as of yet, but will continue to evaluate Soul Swap's performance.

Awesome! Thank you for reverting this. As I was running around Deepholm this weekend questing, I remembered how integral the ability was to my earlier level questing. Increasing the cooldown on it would have made things much more difficult.

Furthermore, it can easily be purged/dispelled. Training offensive dispels of this is something that's going to be second nature, like Nightfall procs.

Keep an eye on it though. Our DoTs are probably going to start scaling pretty crazily as we get more haste and mastery.
how about making ele a bit more viable in arena? it's either enhance or resto, and we shouldn't have to pick between 2 of our 3 specs, we should be able to pick from all 3.
100 Troll Shaman
In that case tremor totem should not have 5hp then
^ +1
1 Human Warrior
01/10/2011 8:52 PMPosted by Spazhappy
Tremor Totem has been redesigned. The totem is now usable under Fear, Charm, or Sleep effects, and pulses much more rapidly, but lasts 6 seconds and has a 1-minute cooldown.

bad locks that fail at killing a 5 hp totem get ez mode gratz

Because the best Locks in the world are all bad.

You know just as well as everyone else that it wasn't about fearing the shaman, it was about fearing his teammates. Quit playing dumb.
Community Manager
01/10/2011 8:39 PMPosted by Aggressive
Is there any word on improved Soulfire. last thing on it was that you guys wanted to redesign it. Please do tell. Some of us are anxiously awaiting news on that.

Sorry. Forgot to post that one. I'm still working to finish the latest patch notes. You can likely expect the updated notes to hit tomorrow evening.

Improved Soul Fire now increases Fire and Shadow damage done by 4/8%, rather than 7/15% spell haste. In addition, this talent has been moved to tier-3 Destruction, switching places with Aftermath.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]