Alliance Boycott Tol Barad

(Locked)

85 Night Elf Druid
Since we have no chance at winning please boycott so that Horde doesn't get rewarded for their easy wins.

At least in WG they had a chance at winning, and then it was a numbers game imbalance. Now in TB it's just a bad game mechanic that allows them to win. Skill and numbers play no factor whatsover.
90 Human Paladin
Rick James britch!
91 Blood Elf Hunter
I think you guys can win!
Edited by Stripclub on 1/7/2011 8:14 AM PST
85 Night Elf Druid
you just want us to show up so more of you can get in
90 Human Paladin
everyday i'm hustlin' hustlin
85 Night Elf Druid
we lost on defense because we were win trading at the time. horde just noticed that it was over first
100 Night Elf Druid
Only reason why the horde wins tol barad so often is because they are organized. Alliance usually just runs around like headless chickens.
90 Human Warrior
Why can't we just be fair to each other. We attack we win, horde attack horde wins. So much better, 2 hours to do dailies on each side, 1800 honor on each side, thats every 4 hours you can run in there and get 1800 honor, but no horde just want to keep getting 180, fine by me, I don't do those dailies anyways, but heck Id like to get some honor on my alts. Seriously, Blizz made it so we get so much more honor, use that, until they change the whole mechanic of the fight and decrease the honor from it again.
85 Night Elf Druid
The 1800 honor reward was hotfixed out on Monday. Horde has held TB every since.

I'm not saying they are doing anything wrong, but saying the Alliance isn't playing well is ignoring the facts.
85 Human Priest
The problem with Tol Barad is trying to defend two bases while attacking the third against a zerg of equal size as our total force. Once we threaten to capture a node, all you have to do is move your zerg onto the next node while we mop up at the first. By the time we can muster more than 5-6 defenders at the next node it is already gone. Rinse and repeat. Defense is tough.
Edited by Jo on 1/7/2011 6:55 PM PST
85 Blood Elf Warlock
01/07/2011 6:59 AMPosted by Rik

At least in WG they had a chance at winning

Heh
100 Human Warrior
It's just a poorly designed pile of *%*@ in every possible aspect.

"Let's make a zone that is absolutely Haitian packed with hostile mobs, but you can't fly in it despite the fact that it's not actually the PvP part of the zone. All the mobs will have huge aggro radii and respawn before they're actually dead.

Then make it so the real PvP part is not only a 1:1 queue thus making it almost completely undoable on 1 sided servers, but also make it so the objectives are poorly planned and just slapped together.

Then the respawn point in the PvP zone has no actual ramp down, and it's high enough up that it can kill people jumping off it because it only has about a 50/50 chance of actually giving you the slow fall buff, because God knows making a slightly lower ledge to hop off is just silly."

"Great ideas, Johnson. Let's go get Quiznos."
85 Night Elf Druid
01/07/2011 2:10 PMPosted by Simmacus
Why can't we just be fair to each other. We attack we win, horde attack horde wins. So much better, 2 hours to do dailies on each side, 1800 honor on each side, thats every 4 hours you can run in there and get 1800 honor, but no horde just want to keep getting 180, fine by me, I don't do those dailies anyways, but heck Id like to get some honor on my alts. Seriously, Blizz made it so we get so much more honor, use that, until they change the whole mechanic of the fight and decrease the honor from it again.

RAGE
Jesus, this is exactly the reason the Alliance can't take back TB effectively. They WANT to lose. They have no desire to FIGHT. Grow a pair, get some guildies/guilds together and pwn the place!

Yes, it's broken. Yes, you may have to put the effort forth. But if you want the free epix from Argaloth, you have to put some effort forth somewhere!!

Not gonna lie, I'm terrible at Pvp. Horrible. You could probably beat me while your character was naked and you were blindfolded. With all that, even I understand that the PvP is meant for the player challenge. Just how we have the QQ about heroics right now, people don't try to organize themselves to play. If you're looking to mindlessly kill people, take it to bg's or Goldshire. You can get your fill there :D

If you actually WANT to accomplish something for your faction, then do it. DO IT!

~Rawr

Edit for grammar
Edited by Bamfdruid on 1/8/2011 10:21 AM PST
100 Human Warrior
How many people are actually getting in now?
90 Draenei Mage
I know it's usually a full raidlist when I get in. There are times we have two raid groups in there.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]