4.2 Enhancement DPS Guide.

(Locked)

85 Orc Shaman
So Elam... about an update...
90 Orc Mage
12/06/2011 01:13 AMPosted by Chillbro

I need to finish formating the Fire Mage guide.

Then, I have two things to write for WI this week, and lesson plans to do.

Don't expect 4.3 enhance sticky update until this weekend, at least. :P
85 Orc Shaman
Glad to know fire is more important to you! /cry
90 Draenei Shaman
Any thoughts on Sporebeard Gauntlets?? Secondary stats are crit/haste but they have two red gem slots and a socket bonus of 20 agi...
100 Orc Shaman
01/07/2011 09:37 PMPosted by Liax
http://www.wowhead.com/talent#hhGMGRfkzGobhMb

I'd have to say that a higher DPS spec (by a stupidly small margin) doesn't include EQ unless the fight requires AoE

Earth Shock if over 7 charges of Fulmination.

Actually this should say 7 or over (or "over 6 charges").

B. Elemental
Prime 1. Lava Burst
2. Lightning Bolt
3. Flame Shock
4. Flametongue Weapon- This isn’t really an option, Flame Shock outperforms it.

Correct except it should be mentioned that glyph of Fire Ele is outperforming LvB if time in the fight allows 2 fire eles.

And watching searing totem timer is also a priority.

1. Glyph of Chain Lightning- DPS increase on AoE fights.
2. Glyph of Elemental Mastery- Incoming damage decrease during your main damage cooldown.
3. Glyph of Hex- Great for heroics, less useful for raids.
4. Glyph of Stoneclaw Totem- Good for reducing incoming damage, but eats a global cooldown.
5. Glyph of Healing Stream Totem- Combines your resist totems and Healing Spring!
6. Glyph of Thunder- Good for mana regen.

I can't tell what this is? Is it supposed to be like an assortment of major glyphs?

The ones I recommend are lightning shield, stoneclaw, and thunderstorm. I'd also suggest the minor thunderstorm glyph too. I use stoneclaw on a decent rate depending on the fights I've been on. Healer mana is tight, and it isn't a dps race so reducing any damage is quite the perk (it also goes well with engineering belt to absorb a ton of damage).

7. Gearing

For both specs I think you should put at the top of the section something along the lines of the priority system of "hit > int > haste > mastery > crit" to make it easier to understand. Paragraphs for expansion and such.

Also, many people don't seem to understand that with reforging you use the priority system (and you didn't talk about reforging for ele either? T.T) as well. Essentially taking your lowest stat priority and reforging it into the highest priority stat (which is either hit unless capped, or haste).

01/07/2011 09:10 PMPosted by Elam
Liax

*Squeal*

I would note as well that the format feels like it could use some brushing up.

Also wasn't there an ele guide made already just not stickied?

This is a "ENHANCEMENT" guide, NOT a Elemental guide....thanks for not paying attention and have a nice day.
90 Draenei Shaman
well since we are in 4.3 now this guide actually is outdated, and if you have glyph of the spirit wolves their damage actually is a very good increase:) but spell power weapons for enhance thats a blasphemy (spelling im unsure of).
Enhance spell power comes from our attack power No spell power weapons.
Our aoe capability now also has increased due to 4.3 lava lash spreads flame shock which is an amazing pve boost:) but where is our pvp boost:(?
85 Orc Shaman
TL;DR Liax was posting some great info back in the early Cata days (weeks).

This is a "ENHANCEMENT" guide, NOT a Elemental guide....thanks for not paying attention and have a nice day.

When Elam first posted this guide it included dps guides for both Enhancement and Elemental, at least I am fairly sure. I guess Liax decided to take it upon himself to make a guide dedicated to Elemental.
Please do not rage at me if I am incorrect.

@Zyan
Whether or not my information is correct and you did not know, don't be a douche.

*Edited to be a little more polite.
Edited by Jiatsuig on 12/25/2011 1:40 PM PST
95 Draenei Shaman
Noob question. Just finished leveling my shaman from Wrath to 85, gear a little, and reforged. On my character sheet, it shows hit at 1644, but then the Hit Chance is 20%. What is doing that? Would it be because of Elemental Precision? There is only 173 spirit, so that is only about 1%, no?
85 Orc Shaman
Draenei have 1% extra hit.
95 Draenei Shaman
Yea, but that just drops the hit cap down to something like 1639. I'm only a couple over
Edited by Greenbeams on 1/8/2012 6:34 PM PST
100 Draenei Shaman
01/08/2012 12:22 PMPosted by Greenbeams
Noob question. Just finished leveling my shaman from Wrath to 85, gear a little, and reforged. On my character sheet, it shows hit at 1644, but then the Hit Chance is 20%. What is doing that? Would it be because of Elemental Precision? There is only 173 spirit, so that is only about 1%, no?

You are looking at melee hit, not spell hit.

95 Draenei Shaman
No, it definitely was spell hit I was looking at. I thought that was the case too, so I had to double check.
We need updates for the 4.3 patch!
=]
Edited by Yekumae on 1/19/2012 6:16 AM PST
85 Draenei Shaman
Excellent guide bud.
90 Draenei Shaman
So guys, anyone know which is better between the lfr No'Kaled 390s, or the Hand of Morchok 397s?? So far seems to me they are pretty close..
85 Orc Shaman
Nokaled by a long shot.
90 Draenei Shaman
12/06/2011 01:13 AMPosted by Chillbro
100 Goblin Shaman
How am I doing? Any problems my better Shaman peers can see? Suggestions? Tips?.... compliments?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]