01/08/2011 10:51 AMPosted by Marashka
Not stickied overnight I am losing my touch. :(

It took almost 2 months for Slant's FAQ to get stickied. :/

xD, I know. I'm just messing.
100 Tauren Shaman
I told a guildie "AMG ELAM FINALLY WROTE ANOTHER DPS GUIDE!"

All I got was "who the #@*# is elam?"
90 Pandaren Shaman
So I take it I should change my weapons setup? or just hold out for the nerf at this point rather than grabbing a spellpower mainhand.
100 Tauren Shaman
01/08/2011 11:41 AMPosted by Delmarva
So I take it I should change my weapons setup? or just hold out for the nerf at this point rather than grabbing a spellpower mainhand.

I personally chose the latter.
90 Pandaren Shaman
ahh kk, think its wise to stick with WF/FT as well. its been good to me but if FT/FT is better atm I can test that.
85 Tauren Shaman
I've actually had a social life today, bear with me. :P
100 Tauren Shaman
01/08/2011 11:59 AMPosted by Delmarva
ahh kk, think its wise to stick with WF/FT as well. its been good to me but if FT/FT is better atm I can test that.

Well, FT/FT with a caster weapon is technically better. But that, supposedly, will only last to the next patch.

And even if it was never changed... I'm topping meters on Al'Akir with WF/FT anyways. I don't see a need to change.
85 Night Elf Druid
To the 1st page! Because seriously, 2nd page?

oh and...elam smells like doody.
85 Orc Shaman
Thanks a lot bro.

blizz sticky this!
85 Tauren Shaman
This dropped seriously low during my day away from the forums. Third page wuttt.
90 Pandaren Shaman
I have a few issues with the gear section, and I think a couple of parts could stand to be reworded.

A. Enhancement: Spell hit cap is your utmost priority. For non-Draenei, this means 1742 (17%) hit rating. For the squid faces, 1639 is needed. After you cap your spell hit, you want to aim for expertise capped at 6.5% dodge avoidance. This is 541 expertise for cow/draenei/troll shaman. For orcs with axes/fists or dwarves with maces, it’s 451 expertise.

After you have these capped hit, you want agility. Agility is our bread and butter DPS stat, providing more damage point for point than any other stat. Unfortunately, you can only gem/enchant some slots for agility--you can’t reforge into it.

Here, you seem to be implying that uncapped hit and expertise are more valuable than agility, but:

1. The two are never in conflict with one another. Gems are for agility (especially next patch, when the meta requirements are fixed), and reforging is for balancing hit/expertise caps (with the remainder of junk stats being converted into mastery)

2. Agility is actually more valuable than uncapped hit and expertise by a fairly substantial margin. I've tested this on the simulator with multiple different values for each stat, so I doubt its an artifact of any particular gear configuration. Of course, there are other reasons to cap spell hit (like not missing a key interrupt on a raid boss), but that should easily be covered by reforging + whatever number of purple +agi/+hit gems we use to activate socket bonuses.

For reforging, the main thing you want to reforge into is Mastery. Mastery is a beautiful stat, providing a damage increase to the majority of our damage. Critical hit is next on our list, with haste being the least useful stat for our damage.

Here, you seem to be implying that crit is better than haste, when in fact they're equally terrible. Both of them frequently compete for the bottom spot, and the other is never far behind.
Edited by Purge on 1/10/2011 10:18 PM PST
90 Draenei Shaman
Love the Elam guides... Blizz pls STICKY...
90 Tauren Shaman
Marking this to read later! Thank you for sharing. :-)
85 Tauren Shaman
I'm terrible at editing.

Also, when you're sick, wiping on Al'akir for three hours isn't good medicine. Hnng.
Really appreciate this guide as I haven't played my elemental shaman since TBC and god knows the class/spec has changed ALOT since then.

Again, thanks :)
85 Tauren Shaman
Third page? Hnnng.
85 Draenei Shaman
Yo, Elam should i Use SP weps for PVP?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]