4.2 Enhancement DPS Guide.

(Locked)

85 Draenei Shaman
Liax is more knowledgeable about Ele, you should use his guide.
90 Orc Shaman
Can anyone Figure out why I'm only doing 10k-11k dps even with changes!?!?! I would love the help, and ive been crashing the boards for advice but just can't get the info to materialize in my dps...Please help me if you can. Sorry for my Noobery

-Omni

P.S Elam you need twitter so i can follow you....EVERYWHERE MAUHAHAHAHAHA! j/k
85 Draenei Shaman
I dunno man, you should be able to do way more than 11k with your gear.

I was doing 13k out of the gate in heroics with way less gear than you've got.
85 Goblin Shaman
Wheres the elemental guide? /cry
85 Tauren Shaman
02/08/2011 10:33 AMPosted by Omnihulk
P.S Elam you need twitter so i can follow you....EVERYWHERE MAUHAHAHAHAHA! j/k

Twitter.com/elamqt

02/08/2011 11:02 AMPosted by Naniquinha
Wheres the elemental guide? /cry

Liax is better than me at it! Read his!
85 Draenei Shaman
hey have you done any dps tests with the new buffed unheeded warning or the agility alchemy trinket? if so how do they compare now to some of the epics and better heroic trinkets like tias grace?
85 Draenei Shaman
I like Matuk's spec better :)

Oh and Omni your not spell hit capped or expertise capped. You would need those to get any better dps out of your gear. Assuming raid content.
Edited by Fornax on 2/9/2011 1:58 AM PST
90 Orc Shaman
Yeah.... i just stripped my toon all the way down... doing everything over just haven't had time tooreforge/regem/rechant yet but thanks for the heads up!

-Omni
85 Draenei Shaman
7. Gearing. In both cases, elemental and enhancement love their tier 11 bonuses. You really want to be on the lookout for these pieces. Be sure you’re beating on Argaloth weekly so you can get frustrated when your tier pieces don’t drop!

Can I get a quick rundown of why I should be excited for 4pc? You've said that crit is pretty low stat priority for us and by getting the 4pc I will be getting haste (Chest/Legs) that isn't very desirable either. I love the 2 pc and the legs/chest from Blackwing have perfect stats for us so I am leaning that way.

Expertise seems to be the real issue for us, have yet to see any purples with it on it except our legs, someone please correct me if I am wrong on that.

Thanks!
85 Draenei Shaman
2pc is definitely worth it.

4pc is debatable. I've heard it's only worth about 100 DPS, and that offset gear can give more than that. If the Maloriak chest and Halfus gloves JUST WILL NOT DROP for you, 4pc is definitely a worthwhile option. There's a very heavy SIM IT caveat here, though.

(I'll be replacing my T11 BP with the Maloriak chest which is sitting in my bank as soon as I can get either the T11 hat or shoulders, for example. :3)
85 Tauren Shaman
02/09/2011 7:48 AMPosted by Fjurry
7. Gearing. In both cases, elemental and enhancement love their tier 11 bonuses. You really want to be on the lookout for these pieces. Be sure you’re beating on Argaloth weekly so you can get frustrated when your tier pieces don’t drop!

Can I get a quick rundown of why I should be excited for 4pc? You've said that crit is pretty low stat priority for us and by getting the 4pc I will be getting haste (Chest/Legs) that isn't very desirable either. I love the 2 pc and the legs/chest from Blackwing have perfect stats for us so I am leaning that way.

Expertise seems to be the real issue for us, have yet to see any purples with it on it except our legs, someone please correct me if I am wrong on that.

Thanks!

Crit is pretty low, but you also have to remember that a given piece of 359 gear will give you maybe 1% crit at level 85. The four piece in an ideal combination (Head/Shoulders/Gloves/ Legs or Chest) will have one poorly itemized slot, and it comes down to whether haste+10% LB Crit beats out the better itemized pieces. Most sims say yes, but not to any extent where you should be actively pursuing four piece with fervor.

As for expertise, it really is fine. Reforging is your friend!
90 Orc Shaman
Okay I reforged and im @ 13k on target dummy. Is this good enough? what can i do better i just re-everything lol. thanks

-Omni
85 Troll Shaman
Elam,
Thank you for taking the time to make this guide. You have saved me a lot of trouble and embarrassment.
85 Tauren Shaman
/
Edited by Crimsín on 2/10/2011 11:06 PM PST
Great guide Elam, thanks.

Maybe this should be another thread... but I thought I'd ask here to try to avoid another searing totem rage wall. I had been sticking with searing totem for trash packs in 5-mans (planning on moving talents from totemic reach to imp fire nova today) but get irritated at its occasional... random targeting I guess? I should say that lately it's consistently been working it should. I've dropped it before going into combat and it stayed inactive, and I've dropped it while already in combat and it never starts firing. It's randomly targeted something other than what I'm attacking, etc. What I've noticed most frequently are hiccups when I go in and out of combat with the same searing totem down. Yesterday it did something I hadn't seen before... it took a nap after putting only 2 stacks on my target (yes, it was still down). My question is, even on single target fights, are people still noticing finicky behavior? Was anything adjusted with the patch? Or is it just operator error?

Again, I apologize if this is in a bad place, or has already been hacked to death somewhere I didn't see... just thought I'd pose it in a post with higher concentration of knowledgeable shaman.
85 Goblin Shaman
I'm having issues with weapons enchants. I can't afford Landslide yet, and I'm not farming raid content yet for epics I can DE. Therefore I am stuck with the next best enchant, but what exactly is that? I was using Avalanche on MH, and Berserking on OH, but if I can get more DPS from a different combo or using both of either one, I'd definitely go with that. I assume Avalanche would be great if I had tons of Mastery, but I don't - it's only 42%. What is considered optimal at this point in the game? I've been testing but it's somewhat costly to keep buying the enchants and switching them up. Any advice would be good.

Also, I want to point out where the original post mentions weapons enchants it says Avalanche outperforms Hurricane. I'm thinking thats slightly out of date?
85 Draenei Shaman
Okay I reforged and im @ 13k on target dummy. Is this good enough? what can i do better i just re-everything lol. thanks

-Omni

You are sitting where you should be with your gear. You are doing enough dps to be in a raid and do well vs other same level gear. You might be able to pinch out a few more deeps by pressing the right buttons more often. I am only doing high 13k low 14k on dummys as well and i out dps a lot of people. dont listen to some people on boards who seem to think every fight it a patchwerk fight and you have raid buffs all the time.

I am also wondering about Goblobs question.
39 Draenei Shaman
I have to admit, the part about Daft Punk almost made me squee. It is very unmanly, and yet, it is what happened. Daft Punk does rock. Hard. Almost as much as this guide rocks. Yup.
Fairly new here :) (to shaman) I noticed you said OH weapons speed is important I am assuming that you want a slow speed?
Also is there a PVP spec? or do we not do well in pvp at higher levels?

Many thanks

Oh I am not really sure about the sexiest cow...
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]