4.2 Enhancement DPS Guide.

(Locked)

85 Orc Shaman
Kudos on a great guide Elam!!
It came in really handy since my 10m raid needed a melee with a steady interrupt.

Just got a question about changing Glyph of Feral Spirits to Glyph of Windfury, is it worth doing? I'm thinking since WF is now 3 attacks that it may outperform FS.
Thanks again for the great guide and keep up the great work!!
85 Dwarf Shaman
umm... cookie's tenderizer isn't as good as hammer of sparks.... Agi is 2 to 1 again my friend... i know i've tested all these blue weapons under the sun, right now i've got lightning whelk axe and windslicer, they both have the terribad hurricane on them but i have a hammer of sparks in my bag that's waiting for an avalanche.
85 Dwarf Shaman
Also Elam, I'm debating on testing the mastery vs. agi debate because i've noticed that sometimes unless you get a huge boost of mastery, or unless you hit certain thresholds that your mastery isn't worth it. Also so far from testing i've been wondering if hitting a certain amount of crit is highly beneficial or should i just skip that all together.
90 Pandaren Shaman
02/14/2011 7:07 PMPosted by Aragathan
umm... cookie's tenderizer isn't as good as hammer of sparks.... Agi is 2 to 1 again my friend... i know i've tested all these blue weapons under the sun, right now i've got lightning whelk axe and windslicer, they both have the terribad hurricane on them but i have a hammer of sparks in my bag that's waiting for an avalanche.

Cookie's Tenderizer is the best blue-quality off-hand in the game because of its 2.80 weapon speed.

02/14/2011 7:14 PMPosted by Aragathan
Also Elam, I'm debating on testing the mastery vs. agi debate because i've noticed that sometimes unless you get a huge boost of mastery, or unless you hit certain thresholds that your mastery isn't worth it. Also so far from testing i've been wondering if hitting a certain amount of crit is highly beneficial or should i just skip that all together.

There is no agility vs. mastery debate. Agility is our best stat for DPS without question, even beating out uncapped hit and expertise rating.

There are no mastery thresholds - it is always our best secondary stat after hit and expertise are capped.

There are no points that I'm aware of where stacking crit would be "highly beneficial."

=====

Also, Elam, I think it's pretty safe to update the glyph section and use windfury as our 3rd best. The only exception to this I can possibly think of are fights that have a burn phase specifically every 2 minutes.
Edited by Purge on 2/15/2011 11:17 AM PST
85 Draenei Shaman
Why is avalanche more highly rated over northrend's berzerking. After some fights I only see avalanche giving me 60k worth of damage. I dare to think that berzerking would be more beneficial.
60 Gnome Warlock
Where is the info on weapon speeds for which hand and what the enchants actually do, rates of procs, etc. Stuff like that? I assume you should pprioritize slower speed in offhand? Does lavaburst do normalized damage?
Edited by Gnomecide on 2/19/2011 2:11 PM PST
85 Dwarf Shaman
02/15/2011 11:15 AMPosted by Purge
There is no agility vs. mastery debate. Agility is our best stat for DPS without question, even beating out uncapped hit and expertise rating.

.... well i'll put it this way. there is a debate, whether or not to push to 65% elemental damage, or just take 67 agi.
85 Dwarf Shaman
02/15/2011 11:15 AMPosted by Purge
Cookie's Tenderizer is the best blue-quality off-hand in the game because of its 2.80 weapon speed.

and i have tried using it. Cookies tenderizer lowered my dps... but now i have hammer of sparks in my off hand. my sim values were off, and now i'm seeing an increase in cookies tenderizer. however can you tell me why the strength isn't overriden by the agi on other weapons?
85 Tauren Shaman
Because top end damage doesnt matter as much as weapon speed. You would need a very very very substantial top end damage increase to justify using a 1.8 speed mace for example. This is because of the way our instant weapon strikes work.

Most Str 1 handers are now 2.6 speed and so are the agility weapons we want to use there is not much of a justification to chosing a 2.6 speed str weapon over a 2.6 speed agi weapon. Because Cookies Rolling Pin of Doom has a slow swing speed (2.8 for those playing at home), it makes up for losing some 80 attack power or whatever it is and because it has Hit and Mastery, its not hard to make that trade off.

This is a bad precedent though. With our...lets face it, horrible luck on the item table, how long is it before we look at that Strength 1 hander and think well... its only X attack power and it has good stats. Blizzard has atleast put this out of our minds for this tier though, I think most if not all slow 1 hander weapons are swords.
Edited by Misanthropia on 2/19/2011 6:31 PM PST
90 Orc Shaman
02/19/2011 2:27 PMPosted by Aragathan
and i have tried using it. Cookies tenderizer lowered my dps... but now i have hammer of sparks in my off hand. my sim values were off, and now i'm seeing an increase in cookies tenderizer. however can you tell me why the strength isn't overriden by the agi on other weapons?

This is because both Stormstrike and Lava Lash are not normalized, thus they favor weapon speed (namely slow weapons) greatly. The 2.80s speed makes it incredible for our use, specially for LL. The speed is more than enough to make up for the loss of 129 AP from using the mace instead of a 346 axe like the one from H Throne of the Tides. To all this, add the itemization of the Tenderizer being Hit and Mastery, two of our best stats, making the Tenderizer far superior to anything you can get from heroic dungeons and probably on par with epic weapons.
90 Human Mage
the powerful heals this article talk about is only 13k health. when you have over a 100k health, and only 25 to 30k mana on a enhance shaman, the heals are useless...since you have to take a beating up close, while your trying to get off those 3 to 5 heals, which do no good, since there almost beaten out of you while you heal. shamans use to be able to take over for the healer if they went down, now, shaman heals on a enhance are not worth the mana and time it takes to cast them. here is fact from my shaman and stats: 1.4 sec cast for 8300 health at a cost of 6326 mana. wow, i can get a whole 5 of them off, which would heal me for little over 32k. at that point, out of mana, health still low, and i die.
gift of the naaru, great heal, but once again. over 15 sec??? dead again.
healing rain. wonderful for a group. not good by your self, takes 1.87 sec cast, for 1054 health every 1.87 sec over 10 sec, at a mana cost of 10777. wow, i can get two, maybe 3 of them off...once again, dead. can someone tell me how heals on enhance would be more helpful. even if i didnt run out of mana, the heals are only about as strong as the hits i take.
90 Pandaren Shaman
Question on specs and glyphs. should I trade in reverberation for precision? will 7sec of Wind Shear cooldown make me miss Novas on Halfus? as I am primary interupt for that id rather not mess with that but since I have never timed its delay i dont know if its greater than 7sec between novas.

as for glyphs I take it WF is now better than ghost puppies?
90 Orc Shaman
Wind Shear is 6s cooldown baseline, not 7. I have not raided at all yet, but if you do not find spamming your WS key to make it go off as soon as it is off CD because Halfus is about to finish a nova, then the extra second from losing Reverb should not hurt you much.

As for WF glyph vs Feral Spirit, it seems that the value of each depends on the person's gear. Some people have had WF sim a very tiny amount higher than FS, while others still have FS glyph better. Try to sim it and see what you get, although the difference between them probably is not considerably big.
85 Tauren Shaman
What is a good comp for a enh shaman in 2s :O!
Insta-Bookmarked. <3
85 Tauren Shaman
I have a question about expertise cap. is cap 541 and is it worth being capped...
85 Troll Shaman
I guess this means I should farm some more cash to get the situational glyphs and keep a stack of "Dust of disappearance" in my inventory for when it's needed.
85 Tauren Shaman
Question on specs and glyphs. should I trade in reverberation for precision? will 7sec of Wind Shear cooldown make me miss Novas on Halfus? as I am primary interupt for that id rather not mess with that but since I have never timed its delay i dont know if its greater than 7sec between novas.

as for glyphs I take it WF is now better than ghost puppies?

As said by someone above, the CD without Reverb is 6 seconds. That extra 1 second is not going make or break you. I cannot get *every* interrupt on Arcanotron (if hes stationary a lot) even with Reverb and the interupts on Halfus are longer than 6 seconds as far as I can remember.
Edited by Misanthropia on 3/5/2011 3:37 AM PST
85 Tauren Shaman
02/28/2011 8:11 PMPosted by Badazzbull
I have a question about expertise cap. is cap 541 and is it worth being capped...

Yes, get the caps. Spell hit is just something that comes with gear. Just be prepared for angry guildmates if youre on interupt duty. Once you get a few epics up your sleeve you will be able to get it easy.

As far as expertise goes, if you miss a Lava Lash, you wont be happy.
Edited by Misanthropia on 3/5/2011 3:39 AM PST
already got the asnwer
Edited by Ziod on 3/8/2011 1:49 PM PST
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]