My personal solution to ret

90 Gnome Mage
I'm one of those guys who loved "faceroll" ret before THE change. One of the guys who complained about the change here, and got blasted for not being a real paladin, noob, blah blah.
I still don't like it, and the absolutely STUPID holy point system. And now...oddly...it seems Blizzard is fumbling at trying to make it better.

Roll holy. You'll destroy stuff, and have so much fun doing it. I honestly expect a nerf. Nothing like running instances and doing great dps AND being able to heal (if there's a need). Seriously, if you are frustrated with ret, just give holy a shot.

Raids you say? Personally, I never liked raiding. Stand here. Jump there. Spin 3 times. It never appealed to me, so it's not an issue to me. So if you plan to raid, at least you'll enjoy the ride to get there.
Reply Quote
91 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm one of those guys who loved "faceroll" ret before THE change.

and now hes a mage! Imagine that.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
01/08/2011 6:26 AMPosted by Kabloosh
I'm one of those guys who loved "faceroll" ret before THE change.

I'm not going to switch characters for your benefit.
And shouldn't you have gone Tauren?
Reply Quote
91 Blood Elf Paladin

I dont swap just because its FOTM.

You obviously didnt get what I meant.
Edited by Kabloosh on 1/8/2011 7:33 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage

I've played mage since vanilla. When frost wasn't so great. That make you feel better? I've got a druid, hunter, DK, and a warrior. OMG FOTM ALL THE WAY.
And anything useful to contribute to the post, or just another slack jaw BE Ret who is obviously bitter?
Edited by Strombonni on 1/8/2011 7:41 AM PST
Reply Quote
91 Blood Elf Paladin

I've played mage since vanilla. When frost wasn't so great. That make you feel better? I've got a druid, hunter, DK, and a warrior. OMG FOTM ALL THE WAY.
And anything useful to contribute to the post, or just another slack jaw BE Ret who is obviously bitter?

Bitter about what? You sound like your the bitter one and whats up with the suggestion of dpsing as holy? Are you insane?
Edited by Kabloosh on 1/8/2011 7:44 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
You must be bitter about something. Why else would you take a thread about enjoying Holy into a thread about fotm rerolling and my mage. You had nothing to contribute. Or maybe it's a maturity thing, I dunno what your problem is.
Reply Quote
91 Blood Elf Paladin
Dude if you cant out dps a holy paladin as ret your clearly doing something horrifically wrong.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
i don't even
Reply Quote
38 Worgen Warrior
01/08/2011 7:32 AMPosted by Kabloosh

He was taking a jab at you for being a BE, nothing to do with FOTM.

Srsly dude, go race change.
Reply Quote
91 Blood Elf Paladin

He was taking a jab at you for being a BE, nothing to do with FOTM.

Srsly dude, go race change.

I was taking a jab at him for rerolling a mage because he didnt like ret wasnt like it was before. Get it?

Becoming a oversized cow isnt something Im going to spend 25 bucks for. Id only race change to turn into a goblin.
Reply Quote
38 Worgen Warrior
And then he stated how his mage is actually back from when they took skill, something you can confirm by armorying him. Looks like he won.
Reply Quote
01/08/2011 6:24 AMPosted by Strombonni
'm one of those guys who loved "faceroll" ret before THE change.

That statement alone makes you lose all credibility as a player
Reply Quote
91 Blood Elf Paladin
01/08/2011 11:06 AMPosted by Ascherith
And then he stated how his mage is actually back from when they took skill, something you can confirm by armorying him. Looks like he won.

Won at what? Forum trolling?
Edited by Kabloosh on 1/8/2011 11:29 AM PST
Reply Quote
38 Worgen Warrior
Frost mages did in TBC and even WotLK. Mages were well known for being extremely bad in the hands of noobs and borderline OP in the hands of someone with a brain... until cata of course.

Sorry, dont care about fire or arcane, never did and never will. Also, vanilla sucked balls, nothing required skill back then. Your class was either OP or sucked hardcore.
Edited by Ascherith on 1/8/2011 11:54 AM PST
Reply Quote
oh my god, no dps class in pve takes skill. Get over it. It's either fun or it's tedious and boring. Ret is the latter at this point where it used to be fun.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]