Ret AOE.

85 Draenei Paladin
Correct me if I'm wrong but is Retribution AOE the weakest aoe in the game at the moment by far? On Maloriak HM 25, I do 2k lower dps than the next lowest DPS and I am pretty sure I know how to play my class. Even on the upcoming patch notes I do not see any slight major AOE DPS gain. Wtb the old seal of command back pls.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
on next patch we should see our aoe, Divine Storm get an additional 20%+ holy damage bonus, so aoe should go up, but i dont know if it will be on par with other aoes.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-mwqhpd0mx30c1nn5/sum/damageDone/?s=10313&e=10921

Even 20% to the Aproximate 1 million damage Divine Storm did is still going to place me smack on last dps still.

edit: On the attempts I decided to use Seal of Righteousness it would do a total 65k damage total on a phase approximately a minute long. Current Seal of Command talent is abo*%%#ely useless.
Edited by Avenue on 1/8/2011 7:50 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
01/08/2011 7:42 AMPosted by Avenue

Even 20% to the Aproximate 1 million damage Divine Storm did is still going to place me smack on last dps still.

Ret aoe might still be bad after patch, i dunno, but its still getting a bit better, and there are 2 things i forgot to mention

1) the bonus 20%+ damage to Divine Storm is holy damage, making it benefit from Inquisition

2) our mastery will change so it also increases the bonus holy damage done by Divine Storm

So the bonus damage to Divine Storm wont be a flat 20% but will increase with Weapon Damage, AP, and Mastery now.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
01/08/2011 7:52 AMPosted by Hikariknight

Ret aoe might still be bad after patch, i dunno, but its still getting a bit better, and there are 2 things i forgot to mention

1) the bonus 20%+ damage to Divine Storm is holy damage, making it benefit from Inquisition

2) our mastery will change so it also increases the bonus holy damage done by Divine Storm

So the bonus damage to Divine Storm wont be a flat 20% but will increase with Weapon Damage, AP, and Mastery now.

With my current gear, which is just a mix of quest greens and blues, my Mastery adds 34% additional holy damage to my strikes on the PTR. I'm sure if I had much better gear it'd be closer to 50% additional holy damage.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
Add 50% divine storm damage in that log and it is still the last damage placing.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
I feel for you guys, I remember warriors having awful AoE, and is still arguable not great.

But I will say there is a good reason I stopped playing my retribution paladin :(

I'm just glad they're fixing the mastery for them.
Reply Quote
22 Human Paladin
Keep in mind that our Divine Purpose got completely changed so now Divine Storm has only a 15% chance to proc any type of holy power down from 40%. So if you are having poor RNG it is going to be very tough to keep up Inquisition as well as use Templars Verdict's every now and then. The cost of Consencrate is pretty insane right now something like 12.8k mana which is slightly more then half of our pool.

Ret AoE dps is very poor right now and it is not going to change a lot with the current ptr changes.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]