Suggestion: Divine Bulwark

100 Blood Elf Paladin
I was thinking of a possible update to Divine Bulwark to make it a bit more interesting or at least fun. While the 2.25% per Mastery point is nice, I was wondering what if the Prot Mastery could also add to dealing damage back at the attacker for each block, based on a percentage of the amount blocked.

Divine Bulwark: Each point of Mastery increases block chance by an additional 2% and causes 1% of the blocked amount to be returned to the attacker in the form of holy damage.

Not sure if this would be over the top, but it seemed interesting to me to make the mastery portion of Prot a bit more "exciting" in some way.
Edited by Alorajane on 1/8/2011 11:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
lol that would be way too much.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Won't happen, they took that functionality off Holy Shield because they wanted to cut down on sources of passive damage.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Nah, I think I would honestly prefer something in addition to a passive block like we can block spells now but spell block would be at like 10% to 20% compared to the 30% of a regular melee block.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I would like it to increase the amount we block.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Could provide a chance to generate Holy Power, with an Internal Cooldown.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Changed the % values of the original idea slightly (2% block, 1% damage).

I acknowledge the passive damage removal (holy shield), but I still feel this would be a viable option to make the Prot mastery a bit more... sexy.

I do like the suggestion to have it block more damage, though... I thought that's how it was originally?

Perhaps...

Divine Bulwark: Each point of Mastery increases block chance by an additional 2% and the amount blocked by 1%.

Otherwise, I'm quite pleased with the current state of Prot Paladin gameplay... and with Rebuke becoming trainable... fun fun.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Amount blocked would be incredibly hard, if not impossible, to balance. Although I really think removing block rating and then giving it to us in the form of mastery was pretty lame. WTB somewhat remotely interesting mastery.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
01/08/2011 4:52 PMPosted by Alorajane
I was thinking of a possible update to Divine Bulwark to make it a bit more interesting or at least fun. While the 2.25% per Mastery point is nice, I was wondering what if the Prot Mastery could also add to dealing damage back at the attacker for each block, based on a percentage of the amount blocked.

Divine Bulwark: Each point of Mastery increases block chance by an additional 2% and causes 1% of the blocked amount to be returned to the attacker in the form of holy damage.

Not sure if this would be over the top, but it seemed interesting to me to make the mastery portion of Prot a bit more "exciting" in some way.

No thank you. That would make certain achievements impossible as well as any run throughs for lowbie xp horrible. Tack that on with the way they made pets so you could not loot if you do no do any damage aside from the pet and it would be God awful.

Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
@ Aimicata - I agree, regarding both balance and "interest" comments.

Some other ideas...

Divine Bulwark: Each point of Mastery increases block chance by an additional 2%, and a 1.25% chance to generate 1 holy charge when successfully blocking an attack.

This would add a little RNG to our holy power generation and might make for less predictable/controlled rotations (from the dev perspective). Could be interesting though, if percentages were tested & tweaked... I could see it add a little haste to the rotation, somewhat like having Revenge procs as a warrior (since you will likely have more HP charges sooner).

or

Divine Bulwark: Each point of Mastery increases block chance by an additional 2% and successful blocks have a 1% chance to heal you for a portion of your health (a static 5% of base or 2% of total, or something).

A possible idea that relates more directly to the name of the mastery. Not sure if it would be terribly exciting, but it would add a little flare to the stat.
Edited by Alorajane on 1/9/2011 1:24 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Our mastery is already awesome, anything added to it to make it more "sexy" would require nerfing the current form of mastery or nerfing something else to compensate for buffing it.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
01/09/2011 2:11 AMPosted by Bravehearth
Our mastery is already awesome, anything added to it to make it more "sexy" would require nerfing the current form of mastery or nerfing something else to compensate for buffing it.

I have to agree here. At least we have a mastery that is pertinent and worth stacking. If it ain't broke...
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
they need a bubble animation for the mastery, since mastery is an absorbtion.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
01/09/2011 1:24 AMPosted by Alorajane

Divine Bulwark: Each point of Mastery increases block chance by an additional 2%, and a 1.25% chance to generate 1 holy charge when successfully blocking an attack.

I don't understand why you insist on making it so we would block less often (thus take more damage). Don't ruin a good thing.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]