Throne of the Tides FPS Drop...

85 Orc Warrior
Since Cata my fps has turned to crap in this instance. It will randomly drop from 60 fps (vsync on) to 30-40 and sticks around that.

I have disabled all addons, deleted the WTF, Cache and interface folder.

I have also dropped video settings when it happens to low and also have tried DX9 and dx11.

Nothing seems to affect it.. and this is the only place I get such a weird FPS drop. I have played to 85 before and everything runs flawlessly at 60fps on high settings.

It doesn't even feel like a normal FPS drop, it starts to affect my game play and is very sluggish.

Org drops my fps to 30-40 in certain areas but this definitely feels different.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
Anyone have any ideas? It's been like this since cata came out and I'm completely out of ideas.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
Blues? Any ideas?
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
I am having this same issue. I am able to run ultra everywhere else in the game at a high resolution but in Throne of Tides my FPS starts out at 60 and the game becomes progressively more sluggish until i get out of it. I have tried disabling all addons and reloading UI in the instance, nothing seems to fix it besides a restart of the game in my case.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
Same thing. Even logging off and back on does nothing. I have to restart the game completely.

If I run it again it's the same outcome.

I'm just clueless as to what's causing it when everything else in the game runs smooth.

Glad someone else has this issue. I guess I will just not discover it on my other toons.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
bump
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
I had the same exact Issue,

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1519102927#1 Link to my post,

Anyway, I never found a fix until I replaced my old Nvidia 8600gts with a GTX460. Even after the upgrade I still had the same issue. Not sure what fixed it, but the last time remember doing was deleting the WTF,CACHE,Interface folders and running dx11 The weird part is that I had already deleted those folders once before and it didn't do anything.

What video card do you have and does it support dx11?
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
I had replaced my 4850 to a 470 just before cata. (yes i wiped the previous drivers with Drive Sweeper in safe mode)

The problem persisted even after enabling Dx11 through the launcher. (it adds it to the wtf.config)

My next step is to try the WTF,Cache and interface folders once more.

Though I thought I tried that once before and it ran ok once, but upon a second run during the same session it happened.

Am using DX11 still.
Edited by Zyros on 1/9/2011 4:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
Anyone else have this issue and find a solution? or a cause...
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
i had the same issue, throne of tides didn't apply certain water effects correctly or didn't get installed properly at some point. (i did the predownload thing)

does throne of tides have these (http://i54.tinypic.com/2q1s8jb.jpg) water effects showing for you?
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
The ones on the walls in that hallway?

Running it right now, deleted the WTF, Cache and Interface folder but turned my resolution etc up.

No lag yet but only 10mins in.
Edited by Zyros on 1/9/2011 5:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
The ones on the walls in that hallway?

Running it right now, deleted the WTF, Cache and Interface folder but turned my resolution etc up.

No lag yet but only 10mins in.
yes
Edited by Blodøks on 1/9/2011 5:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
First hallway I can see the water.

I'll let you know at that specific one.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
Yea my lag went away a soon as I started seeing the wall bubbly textures. Before that, the textures didn't appear and that's when the lag happened. Once the textures appeared it never happened again. Any idea what causes this?

Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
No idea.

My water is showing but, i haven't lagged once and it seems like I've been in this for 45mins.

I had switched to Dx11 a while ago but hadn't tried removing my WTF, Cache and Interface folder since then.

Maybe it's a combination that is fixing this?

if I don't lag at all, I need to narrow it down to the cause.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
I guess you had the same issue. Its kinda weird, maybe a texture bug type of thing. Hopefully a Blue drops by and makes some sense out of this issue.. still kinda bothers me.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
My next step is adding in addons and seeing if it happens.

It's possible an addon causes it while running it.
Edited by Zyros on 1/9/2011 6:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
01/09/2011 6:23 PMPosted by Zyros
My next step is adding in addons and seeing if it happens.

It's possible an addon causes it while running it.

Possible, although I ran tests with both addons and no addons and I still had the same issue. Once it was fixed everything ran fine with addons or without.

Hopefully yours is fixed as well!
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
Thinking so.

Here is what I've done so far.

Deleted WTF, Cache, and Interface folder.
Started WOW up and set Video settings.
Ran ToT with no issues (took about 1hr 10mins)

Copied a few of my old files including:
Interface Folder
WoW/WTF>Account>accountname>Saved Variables Folder
WoW/WTF>Account>accountname>ServerName>All Character Folders

That way my addons and Addon setting are there. So when I run it next, if I get any issues I know it's either related to the addons or the addon settings.

That make any sense as far as figuring out what's causing it?
Edited by Zyros on 1/9/2011 6:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
What do you think Mhok?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]