Old account

(Locked)

85 Human Warrior
Unable to use my old wow account for some reason. I haven't used it for a long time and it's just the original world of warcraft account. I don't remember my password or ID but I have all the information including cd-key+cds and I guess you know the rest of it.
100 Dwarf Hunter
Do you still have the software on your PC from when you last played? If so, you can find your WoW account name in the following location:

C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\<Account Name>

If you haven't played since the introduction of Battle.net, you will need to create a new Battle.net account and merge in your old WoW account. Start that process here:

http://us.battle.net/en/

MVP
86 Night Elf Priest
Tied into what Giresse stated, you'll need to merge the old WOW account into a Battle.Net account - and the information you need for that is the account name and password. The CD Keys are considered used and cannot make a new account or be used to merge the existing account. As you say you don't remember the password, the best bet is to give Billing a call. They can help locate your account - using your name and what you can remember, including the CD Keys. Then they can help you get it merged.
Support Forum Agent
If you are unable to recall the information required to recover your account, Smerch, then you are going to need to contact Billing & Account Services:

Hours of Operation: 7AM to 8PM PST— Wednesday through Tuesday

If you are able to give me the name and realm of a character that was on the account, I may be able to see what needs to be done to recover your account. At that point I would be better able to direct you to where you can get this accomplished. :0)
85 Human Warrior
Well it's not a battle.net account. I haven't use it for like 2-3 years or so. Both of my accounts were tied to the same email address.
85 Human Warrior
I think I actually remember my ID, but when I enter it to reset my password it says "Either that account name doesn't exist or the e-mail is incorrect". I'm pretty sure that the info is correct, I only know that this account was not merged into battle.net account. Any ideas?
85 Tauren Druid
01/10/2011 5:18 PMPosted by Smerch
I think I actually remember my ID, but when I enter it to reset my password it says "Either that account name doesn't exist or the e-mail is incorrect". I'm pretty sure that the info is correct, I only know that this account was not merged into battle.net account. Any ideas?

Have you done as everyone suggested, and called Billing?
85 Human Warrior
Well I have to wait until Wednesday and that is sucks.
85 Human Warrior
I think they screwed something up when I merged my main account with battle.net ~~ So now I'm kind short on one account, but hey I have 2 cd-keys :)
85 Human Warrior
If not the damn merge with battle.net....everything would be fine and I would be able to recover my password.
50 Tauren Druid
01/10/2011 5:35 PMPosted by Smerch
If not the damn merge with battle.net....everything would be fine and I would be able to recover my password.

The switch Battle.net accounts happen over a year ago, lets not blame you forgetting your password, on somethign that provides everyone better security.

You can of course always reset the password it should still accept classic usernames.
85 Human Warrior
The switch Battle.net accounts happen over a year ago, lets not blame you forgetting your password, on something that provides everyone better security.

I don't need to remember my password when I can reset it by giving them my email address + I haven't used it for 2-3 years like I already said it earlier. If you can remember anything that you've done 4-5 years ago, then sorry not everyone is like you. And no for some reason it doesn't accept my classic user name.
Edited by Smerch on 1/10/2011 6:21 PM PST
85 Human Warrior
Thank you very much to everyone who was trying to help me out. I was able to reset my password and now it should work :)
86 Goblin Warlock
01/10/2011 6:17 PMPosted by Smerch
The switch Battle.net accounts happen over a year ago, lets not blame you forgetting your password, on something that provides everyone better security.

I don't need to remember my password when I can reset it by giving them my email address + I haven't used it for 2-3 years like I already said it earlier. If you can remember anything that you've done 4-5 years ago, then sorry not everyone is like you. And no for some reason it doesn't accept my classic user name.

Yes, I remember stuff from 5 years ago.
85 Human Warrior
Now I have another problem, I can't merge my old account with battle.net? It says
An error has occurred. The authentication key you entered has already been claimed.
I have my account ID and password, sup now?
52 Human Mage
You don't enter the authentication key on your cd, you choose "merge" and enter your old WoW account name and password.
85 Human Warrior
lol I was actually able to get in to my old account so now it should be easy to upgrade it to Cataclysm.
85 Human Warrior
Ok now when I try to upgrade my old account, it sends me to my main battle.net account but it is already upgraded up to Cataclysm, why I can't use or upgrade my old wow account and why both of my wow accounts are tied to 1 battle.net account?
85 Human Warrior
Never mind...I got it now. I appreciate for all the help.
40 Draenei Paladin
ok, so i try to merge my old account with my other one that has battle.net and it says that the login was invalid. so i try again and again and again and it dosent work every time. i try to change the password and it says that account dosent exsist. so what do i do i just want to play on the 80's that i have on the account. Can Someone Please Help Me? by tomrrow- Monday July 18th 2011 (is tomrrow)

~Jeinnea

This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]