What would Azeroth REALLY look like at night?

85 Worgen Death Knight
Artistically speaking, yes I would love to look at the world in the true darkness of night. But to play the game? Not so much. Lord of the Rings online had a pretty noticeable difference between night and day, and for some reason their days and nights only last an hour each, so in one game session you'd see it get light and dark several times. And that actually got really really really really really annoying after a while. And the darkness itself started getting really old. You couldn't see anything! I realize that's the point of "night", but I hated it. I'd walk right into trees, monsters, off cliffs, get lost, miss quest items laying around... every time night rolled along I instantly shot my monitor's brightness way up so I could SEE. It was a beautiful world to look at in the dark, but I hated playing in it. Maybe it'd be cool if there was an option to turn night/day effects off, like being able to turn off the weather effects.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Nice job on the shots. While I think dark is really cool, Blizzard's dark creepy series, Diablo isn't dark anymore, so I guess these shots are probably as close as we'll ever get.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Hunter
I think it would be awesome to play the game like this, except just a tad lighter so you can see SOME stuff. That or make us use torches. Games that use torches...awesome.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Warrior
01/12/2011 8:37 AMPosted by Me
Are there actually "nights" in this game? I have to admit that I've never noticed. How long has it been that way? The transition must be almost non-existant.

Around 9pm server time (on Stormrage at least) the sky will turn a twilight orange and around 10pm it goes "dark" and the moon will be out. Then around 5 or 6am it will start getting light again.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
Bumping this awesome idea.
WTB Blue to take a look.
Reply Quote
84 Orc Warrior
01/11/2011 3:15 AMPosted by Shannon
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a31/ayajulia/WoWScrnShot_011111_025904.jpg

New Desktop Background. Cool stuff!!!
Edited by Garuko on 1/13/2011 1:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
Rebumping it. :S
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Hunter
Hey, I thought interest had died off in this thread, I'm so happy you all liked it!

I'll try to get out there tonight and take some of some of the other major cities at least. :D
Edited by Shannon on 1/13/2011 9:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
Makes me wish you could mod WoW to the extent that you can Mod Bethesda games.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
You must let me know what program you used.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
01/11/2011 9:44 AMPosted by Tuah
I would use an addon that does this. And it'd be my favorite addon of all.

Quoted for so much truth.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Add me to the list of people who would use a "Night" addon. Dalaran at true night would be awesome!
Reply Quote
87 Human Warrior
Do want!
Reply Quote
T
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
There was a thread about this type of thing a few days ago.

Of course people would cry about it if it was created, EVEN IF it was a toggled option in video settings. You know it to be true.

General goods vendors could sell torches, engineers could create floodlights... but yeah, people will find a way to cry about it and ruin it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]