[Grumpy Old Horde] (H) recruiting.

90 Tauren Hunter
GOH is recruiting mature players of all levels as we expand our ranks. Guild leadership is players who have been playing (on Ravencrest) for 3+ years. While we are not hardcore and do not intend to be, our core group does include raiders who want to progress and see all the content the game has to offer. Otherwise we explore, achieve, and generally enjoy all that WOW has to offer, while offering a helpful guild atmosphere where immaturity and wasting other people's time is frowned upon.

For more information whisper myself (Ragingsquall or Clek) or guild master Rylor (also may be on Thepawnn or Grumpyoldcow).
Edited by Ragingsquall on 6/28/2011 1:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
Answers to commonly asked questions:

Level 25
We have over 300 members. Typically on weekday afternoon/evenings we'll have at least 15-25 players on.

Yes, tabard, guild tabs, all those guild perks that any self-respecting guild should have. We've unlocked a number of guild perks under the new system: heirloom cloaks, Broiled Dragon Feast, Guild Page, Armadillo Pup, various banners.

Yes we will be raiding. No we will not be a server first type of raiding guild. Currently our raiding-interested members are gearing up with guild heroic groups running during our raid times. 10-man raiding has begun. Typical raiding times are Tues or Wed/Thursday evenings, with recently some scheduling for Sundays and cooperatively on Friday evenings.

We try to provide additional activities that all guild members can participate in if they like. Our weekly trivia challenge has some heated competition as to who knows their WOW lore. Additionally we're looking to hold additional events such as scavenger hunts, races, etc.

There are opportunities for members who show their commitment and maturity to step up into officer roles. We are quite open to members who may want to build up some activities in certain areas: pvp for example is an area a number of members have an interest in but is currently lacking that officer-style member to organize events.
Edited by Ragingsquall on 6/28/2011 1:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
[Deleted - outdated info]
Edited by Ragingsquall on 2/8/2011 9:34 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Grumpy Old Horde continues to grow and we have our first Cata Raid Scheduled. Now a lvl 9 guild we are also planning some old world raids for lower lvls and fun guild events. Feel free to /tell Falcun or any Grumpy Guildy for an officers name for more information.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Death Knight
My wife and I have been in the gaming community for over 10 years now. We have lead many many raids, participated in many events across almost every game offered. We were big into Everquest, Everquest 2, and for the last 5 years WoW. Needless to say, we have been a part of some big achievements. GOH is by far the best guild we have ever been associated with. We were about ready to move servers when we talked to Rylor and became associated with this guild. Since then, we have definitely benefited from membership. Everyone is helpful, respectful, and just all around great to run with. Just a testimony of two people's personal experience. I'm sure any of the other members would agree this is the perfect place to be.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
Commonly asked questions updated. We are still actively recruiting mature players. 10-man raiding begins tonight with the guild starting on Magmaw [downed]. Also of interest, we now have an officer regularly leading some of the older raids, which has been fun both for our members still leveling as well as for the players who have never done those raids.
Edited by Ragingsquall on 3/22/2011 8:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
Edited common questions to reflect updated information. Guild should reach level 11 tonight or tomorrow. Still recruiting members of all levels.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
Feeling grumpy that the patch is taking so long to download .so . . . bump.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
We are still recruiting Mature and drama free members. We have now around 225 and are Level 13. Raiding has resumed on Cata content and we hope to add a second raid team in the near future. If you are looking to enjoy a relaxing social guild and you fit the mature drama free tag or if you like to raid and want to see end game content, but it’s not your entire life, we may be a good fit for you. The trick I find is a balance to raiding and RL. Pst any of the people listed previously if you are interested. Thank you,

Rylor
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I have only been in this guild for a short time, and already i would say there is no way i can change, these are good people and they are very helpful....i hope to raid soon with yu guys once i get two more lvl's and the gear i need lol :D. Kingslayer title FTW
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
Continuing to recruit. Bump.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
Level 13 now, halfway to 14. Bump.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
Updated information. Level 14 - over halfway to 15. Very rare are the days we do not cap our guild experience.

Raiding continues, though progression has been slow. We're actually looking for some experienced and geared dps for raiding.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
Grumpy has now reached another milestone with our first guild raid kill on Magmaw. Sure we're not on the cutting edge of progression, but we're moving forward and getting into the content. Our core raid team has now solidified with some capable subs ready to fill in, so as schedules permit I look forward to posting more raid kills soon.

For the even more casual players, some of our new officers are now typically scheduling old content raids once a week or so (everything from MC to ZA to ICC) to give people opportunities to see content they may have missed.

Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
100 Troll Priest
Congrats you guys! :) I am glad to see another casual guild horde side doing well. :D
Reply Quote
Yeah, definitely glad to see you guys getting going! Recruiting good players on this server is nearly impossible it seems. Keep it up!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
Thank you to Raziya and Nomak for the kind comments.

Grumpy is now level 16 with all the associated perks. We are now over 260 players and continuing to recruit mature players of all levels. Raiding has been moved to Wed. and Thurs. evenings at 7/7:30 start time. There also continue to be near-weekly older raid events scheduled as an opporunity to give people the chance to see content and also as training opportunities for our rookie raiders.

We've also got some fairly regular, though informal, arena opportunities occuring.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
Should hit level 17 today or tomorrow. Over 260 players, but we're continuing to recruit. Real life has unfortunately pulled away a few of our raiders, so we've got some openings for any class to join us for raiding. If you're not quite raid-ready yet we're working on getting interested folks geared up through heroics/BH/etc. We're also working on having some fun events just to give everyone in guild a reason to be on and hanging out together. Congratulations to Mozingo who was our first weekly trivia winner and walked away with a 22-slot bag for his efforts!
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
Congrats to Mhogwye, this week's trivia winner. Just a fun event to give everyone in guild a chance to be involved regardless of level.

Achieved a couple more guild achievements, including Class Act. At least a dozen perks/items available now when you reach Honored status with the guild.

Continue to grow and continuing to recruit.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
bump
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]