MMO Champion =/= Blizzard

90 Worgen Mage
I am really tired of hearing people already complaining about "Patch Notes" when they are simply getting their information from MMO Champion.

"Spell Changes
These changes are mostly the results of tooltip comparisons, all the changes might not be there and I suggest that you wait for official notes before you whine or rejoice about something. " This is a direct quote from MMO Champion.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1498670625

You can get current patch information from the PTR forums
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warlock
Z has said the patch notes should be up tonight. So just wait.

HOWEVER, B is usually pretty correct when posting these kinds of things, his comparisons are typically good.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
01/11/2011 1:16 PMPosted by Parshadow

HOWEVER, B is usually pretty correct when posting these kinds of things, his comparisons are typically good.

Do you refer to everyone by the first letter of their name/alias?

Also, is it sad that I know the full aliases of the people you referred to?
Edited by Lenna on 1/11/2011 1:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Does it make you yawn when people speak about information gathered from a reliable source?
*yawn* I just yawned irl, this thread bores me and is now about French Toast.
Reply Quote
MVP
100 Night Elf Priest
The stages of patch note grief:

1. Denial : Blue rumor mentioned - Misquote the blue, state they don't understand the game, flame them wildly in disbelief at their statement.

2. Anger : Note on MMO-Champion - Rage about the more substantial rumor. Claim it will destroy the game and that people will leave in droves.

3. Bargaining : Patch notes posted - Post threads about it. Suggest other ways Blizzard might do the change instead. Offer to lose some spell/ability that you don't care about.

4. Depression : Patch gone live - Become sullen about the change. Insist on playing an alt for a few days. Contemplate dropping the class entirely.

5. Acceptance : Patch was fine - Return to playing the class. Discover that the change was a minor nerf and there was a substantial buff elsewhere. Adapt to it and continue.
Reply Quote
32 Goblin Warrior
01/11/2011 1:14 PMPosted by Felroth
I am really tired of hearing people already complaining about "Patch Notes" when they are simply getting their information from MMO Champion.

"Spell Changes
These changes are mostly the results of tooltip comparisons, all the changes might not be there and I suggest that you wait for official notes before you whine or rejoice about something. " This is a direct quote from MMO Champion.

MMO champion is correct on their material probably around 85% of the time. That's a statistic I made up based on what I have experienced. Though people should not take ANY patch notes as a guaranteed change until the content is live.

01/11/2011 1:16 PMPosted by Parshadow

Typing out those extra letters of the names you referenced wouldn't take much longer broseph.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
MMO Champion is pretty damn accurate when it comes to releasing information.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
I'm not saying MMO Champion is an inaccurate site. I am just saying that even they said do not whine until actual Patch notes are posted. In the case of shaman they have had those notes posted and have the right to do so. The PTR can change at any time.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
01/11/2011 1:24 PMPosted by Schmoopsy

Step 6: Have MVPs flit around mocking everyone who doesn't suck up to Blizzard with them.

I laughed.
Reply Quote
Edit: Weirdness.

1. Denial : Blue rumor mentioned - Misquote the blue, state they don't understand the game, flame them wildly in disbelief at their statement.

2. Anger : Note on MMO-Champion - Rage about the more substantial rumor. Claim it will destroy the game and that people will leave in droves.

3. Bargaining : Patch notes posted - Post threads about it. Suggest other ways Blizzard might do the change instead. Offer to lose some spell/ability that you don't care about.

4. Depression : Patch gone live - Become sullen about the change. Insist on playing an alt for a few days. Contemplate dropping the class entirely.

5. Acceptance : Patch was fine - Return to playing the class. Discover that the change was a minor nerf and there was a substantial buff elsewhere. Adapt to it and continue.

Step 6: Have MVPs flit around mocking everyone who doesn't suck up to Blizzard with them.

G. Make fun of the MVPs.
Edited by Rizz on 1/12/2011 1:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
MMO Champion isn't blizzard. But they are an extremely reliable source of information. Are you honestly surprised some people follow what it says when are right probably 95% of the time?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest

MVPs don't mock. They point out the follies of humanity.

What's the difference? A subscription to The New Yorker.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
The only reason MMO champ has been wrong the great majority of times is because they report on news that Blizzard itself has not finalized. Things that are subject to change, like projected target release dates. Holding this sort of thing against them as if it damages their credibility is just stupid knee jerk internet cynicism. That's like if you worked at Blizzard personally on the next expansion and were told you have 3 months to design a feature, then when the third month comes around and they decide to give you another month you deduce this is your employer being wrong and deceiving you.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue

Still in the anger stage I see.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
01/11/2011 1:14 PMPosted by Felroth

"Spell Changes

Yeah, too bad MMO-Champion says they are guesses or actually links where they got the quote from..

Your post = Irrelivant.
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Gnome Warrior
01/12/2011 1:23 PMPosted by Vidalblanc

For the record, I do not subscribe to The New Yorker.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage

Gotta love how they pretend that they're forum mods.
Reply Quote
01/12/2011 1:38 PMPosted by Crepe

For the record, I do not subscribe to The New Yorker.

Don't you guys get all the copies you could want anyways?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]