Treasure Chests

(Locked)

60 Human Warrior
I have a few questions about treasure chests in Cataclysm. Firstly, is it just me or are treasure chests much rarer than they were before Cataclysm? Or, is that just because there are so many people who started playing again with the new expansion?

Also, is there any accurate record of treasure chest locations? I am hunting for an item that has yet to appear on the auction house, and this website (worldofwarcraft.com or wherever it is you are redirected to from that address, namely here) says it is contained in a chest with a link to wowhead. Wowhead's list of items contained in the chest does not include the item this website says it is found in. I am assuming worldofwarcraft.com is the more credible source.... I have also definitely found a chest not marked on the map on wowhead. Are websites still scrambling to get everything corrected since Cataclysm was released?

If anyone knows an updated source of treasure chest locations I would appreciate it.
90 Human Death Knight
Probably both. I have noticed the rarity of chests now, but that could be in due part of all the new players.

Unfortunately no, there is no way to record the locations of treasure. However if you are a dwarf, one of your racials allows you to see treasure on the mini-map like you would an herb or ore node.
- World of Warcraft
92 Blood Elf Hunter
Actually, the "find treasure" racial was removed from dwarves. They now have a more useful ability to get more fragments through archeology, as well as be able to survey faster in archeology.
01/12/2011 1:59 AMPosted by Eleywyn
Firstly, is it just me or are treasure chests much rarer than they were before Cataclysm?

Yes. They're actually worth discovering now, instead of just sitting around all over the place just waiting to offer up junk. Besides better loot, they give experience.

Are websites still scrambling to get everything corrected since Cataclysm was released?

Yes. Many locations and sources changed with Cata, so a lot of info is outdated until the new info is figured out.
60 Human Warrior
Okay, I figured as much. Thanks very much! EDIT: Is everything this website offers likely to be true since it's the creator's website?
Edited by Eleywyn on 1/12/2011 9:42 AM PST
Eeeeh....not necessarily, at least that I've seen. Some of their loot tables don't look accurate yet either. Good example is for Flasks of Oil, which they've confirmed are no longer dropping, yet in this database they show them dropping from mobs that no longer exist.

I've found it more useful to check the comments on wowhead, to see if new information has been discovered by other players.
Edited by Jakjak on 1/12/2011 9:49 AM PST
99 Tauren Druid
Addons like Gathermate2 can track where you (or others if you use Gathermate2 Data) have found treasure chests. Also tracks fishing schools, special items (like netherwing eggs), mining nodes and herbs.
90 Dwarf Rogue
I had the treasure finding activated before they made that change and I am still able to find treasure chests. Any dwarfs since that patch no longer able to find treasure.
90 Troll Priest
03/22/2012 09:49 AMPosted by Santasrogue
I had the treasure finding activated before they made that change and I am still able to find treasure chests. Any dwarfs since that patch no longer able to find treasure.

Please do not bump threads from a year ago.
Edited by Monmonn on 3/22/2012 10:51 AM PDT
71 Human Priest
BUMPITY BUMPIN A THREAD FROM A YEAR AGO!! YAR YAR MATEY HAR HAR :D
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]