What Does Your Healer's Name Mean?

85 Blood Elf Paladin
Shammy = Waelu (some sort of water diety or myth)

Priest = Bavol (means "wind" I think but I liked the sound of it)

Pally = Eamont (it's the name of a bridge or something over in the UK, but it sounds very knightly which is what I was looking for in my knight-healer).
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
Antibiotic Cream!!!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Fiance named his rogue Thumbtack. I wanted to be Pushpin, but that was taken. So were Stapler, Tape, and Gluestick.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
It means I'm a nerd.

Ianuaria was an obscure Celtic goddess who was worshipped at a healing spring. Seemed appropriate. Plus its really fun to listen to people try to pronounce it
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Dr(healer) Moomoo (I Tauren)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
self-explanatory
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
My name is a combination of my first and middle names. They fit together decently enough to make a toon name that is directly representative of me ^_^
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
Sounded night elf priest-y. /shrug
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Curanderra - Spanish name for healer :o)
Edited by Curanderra on 8/31/2012 1:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
What is the story behind your healer's name?
If you could change it what would your new name be?

Feythylan

A common pattern for Elven names tend to have a Prefix - Name - Suffix pattern.

"Thyl" is the name. It is, in fact, a very common name. You'll see it in many patterns. We had another guy in our Raid named Ebrithyl. Thyl is like, Bob, Mike, or John.

Fey is of course, pertaining to fairies.

-an is a suffix meaning "Of or pertaining to."

So Thyl, of or pertaining to Fairies. I'm gay. I'm of or pertaining to Fairies. People joke that Male blood Elves are gay, so it also fits the stereotype.

And I like the fact that people call me Fey, which could be derogatory. But since it's the joke baked into the name, it works for me.

Also, it can be shorted to Feyth. That also suggests Faith, and since I'm a priest, is also characteristic of name and class.

---

What would I change it to? I dunno - I kinda really like it. But if I had to, I'd probably go with Anthylduin - Thyl, of or pertaining to the dune lands. My hair looks beach volleyballish, so I'd probably wear less clothes and carry a packful of leather balls. Which then gets back to the gay jokes.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Hey guys. It's me
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
This one means Bridget in Welsh, which also means strong. Lady tauren ftw :3

Mostly I just liked the way it sounded. And calling her "Ffraidy pants".
Reply Quote
67 Undead Priest
Probably my favorite. The English translation of the French phrase "L'esprit de l'escalier", which describes the predicament of thinking of the right comeback too late. Pretty much the story of my life.

In the stairs, as it were. The English version is "Elevator Wit". Apparently the German term that USED to mean the same thing is Treppenwitz. Which would be a sweet name.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Niandra La Des is the alter ego of one dear musician.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Songs because I like music. Plus, Songs of the Four Winds is an amazing name+title combo. Actually, Songs goes pretty well with any "of the" titles out there. She used to be Songs of the Shattered Sun and Songs of the Nightfall.

Usually I just name my toons after things I find on my desk... Scotchtape, Portrait.. etc.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Cat poo.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Veroicone = the original latin form of my real name Veronica, Vero Icone means true image of Christ or something. A friend suggested it, not religious at all ... just thought it sounded neat xD

And for my other healers:
Sookei - she's a disc priest and light comes out of her hands, it's a reference to True Blood.
Sookeh (my second priest) - same as above
Veronicamars - my holy pally, reference to the show and because my name on real ID is Veronica Mars and it's what people have called me since the show came out :P
Fitzie - my shaman, no meaning. Randomly made it up, seemed fitting for a goblin!
Reply Quote
Means awesome i think .... :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]