Video of Broken Charging/Heroic Leap NO NERF!

85 Blood Elf Warrior
Charge/Heroic Leap Problems Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHnGvnW4BLo

Heroic Leap + Charge= No Charge Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnIGqyHIXTk

Spell Reflect Bug Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXNEP6a-5Rg

I'm just trying to show those out there the problems with Heroic Leap/Charges mechanics and why the taking away intercept would be a huge problem for warriors in PvP since a good % of the time when we do charge..we're not even in melee range. And if there is no way around this intercept nerf, I'd suggest hamstring be appropriately buffed to an equal status to druid root. We can only root (They cannot move at all) using hamstring and that hamstring will last just as long as druid root and suffer the SAME diminishing returns. Then for slows, when hamstring is down, Piercing Howl is to be used. Just my suggestions.

Warriors Root Breakers:
1. Trinket
2. Bladestorm

Warrior Gab Closers:
1. Charge ( IF not frozen)
2. Heroic Leap ( IF it works...IF)

Warrior Slows:
1. Hamstring (50% slow, so against say a rogue that put CP with 70% slow, war still loses)
1a. Double Hamstring ( Takes 2 global cd's to root for 5 seconds and say druid root last 8 seconds...so their instant cast gives them 3 seconds longer of a root then Warriors using 2 GCD's)
2. Piercing Howl (aoe 50% slow movement)

My Suggestion/Opinion on what warriors need changed
First thing is that I don't want to be a snare monster, I love the chase, I just want things to be equal with other classes.

1. I pointed out before that all our Slows are 50% where rogues Crippling Poison is 70%. Just make all slows 50% so rogues can't just outrun us because their slow is 20% better.

2. Maybe a change in Hamstring mechanics.
- Make hamstring a root instead of a slow. For Example. Hamstring applies a root for 8 seconds with diminishing returns exactly the same as druid root. NO slowing affect.
-Where this would be useful: Say in arena a Warrior is fighting a Resto druid. Warrior's do not stick to Resto Druids because all the Druid has to do is root/run and heal heal heal. Once roots are on DR they just cyclone. Now I know Druid's will not be able to shape shift out of roots, so give warriors a chance to hit a R Druid for some part of the fight so we're not chasing them and pressing piercing howl as they infinitely shape shift out of our slows and Warriors can do nothing about it.
- I know someone is going to say to use our 2GCD snare. Well it works every 30 seconds and takes 2 Global Cool Downs to put up. It also last 5 seconds. Druid root is castable or instant with natures swiftness and it last 8 seconds. So Situation: Warrior uses 2GCD's to root a druid and gets a few hits in, Druid cast NS instant cast for a 8 second root, runs and heals as the Warrior stands there watching it all unfold.

3. Keep Piercing Howl just as, with 50% slower movement.
- Side note on PH: I've noticed when chasing a druid around the pillar in Nagrand Arena, when not shape shifting, the piercing howl has trouble slowing them down when they're withing the 15 yards (I'm glyphed). Also Rogues can Fan of Knives CP for a aoe 70% slow + damage/flag capping interrupt. I'm just looking for Equality here blizzard, not domination.

4. Heroic Leap: Since Heroic Leap is close to blink, I'd say that it should have a shorter CD. NOT 15 seconds (like Blink) because I know that'd be too much, even in its broken form. Maybe 40 seconds. And if you don't think HL is broken go here:
Video: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1869220658?page=1

5. Intercept and Charge shouldn't share the same CD. Then keep HL as is CD wise and just fix the ancient snares, the bad mechanics shown on the linked video (Point 4) and possibly give us a root, comparable to druids (Point 2), so druids can't 100% of the time freely run from us by shape shifting, at least with roots (suggested Hamstring) they couldn't just shape-shift out as they root/cyclone us into submission.
- To fix charge/jump exploit put a .5 second root so jump isn't an exploit. It wont affect game play since the enemy will be stunned and it won't screw over the warrior.

6. Spell Reflect
- Spell Reflect has a funky issue that will happen when you really don't want it to happen.
- Video showing issue: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXNEP6a-5Rg
- Would want the SR cd to not be used as ticking while Inside a Cyclone.
Note:Warriors have ancient slows and laughable snares (double hammy 5 second(Taking 2GCD's to do in MELEE range with 30 sec cd) against ANY other root 8 seconds(Which can take a casting bar at any range or is instant or is passively free).
Edited by Shoukon on 2/15/2011 10:12 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
this is a joke, right?
Reply Quote
84 Dwarf Hunter
How the hell did this ability make it past the beta test.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Well, not to really defend the loss of intercept, but take into consideration the stun is a little longer so you can reposition into PH/HS range.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
This is full of Win. great video Reported for sticky.

Oh and expect another nerf, you were close enough to melee range you could of heroic leaped to you mounted opponent and used both your CD's. Thats completely unacceptable...
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
Unfortunately this is an old issue with Charge and Intercept, people are just aware of how to exploit it now. Aside from some weird pathing bugs, it has always landed you where your target was and has never taken you to a moving a target that I recall.
Edited by Kolbenn on 1/13/2011 3:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warrior
I'd love to see someone at Blizzard watch that video and tell us that Heroic Leap is working as intended. It honestly can't be THAT hard to fix the pathing. But you gotta make sure and deliver and unreasonable nerf to us before fixing any of our problems. Thanks.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
Easier to nerf then it is to fix and blizz just puts on their cool shades and doesn't visit warrior forum until a few weeks after nerfs go live.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
Unfortunately this is an old issue with Charge and Intercept, people are just aware of how to exploit it now. Aside from some weird pathing bugs, it has always landed you where your target was and has never taken you to a moving a target that I recall.

I agree, however with the charge / intercept on same CD, that means we will never able to catch up to our opponents.

Oh absolutely, that's probably what is most disconcerting. Chances are that occasionally you will wind up outside melee range of your target without their interference just as a matter of latency.
Edited by Kolbenn on 1/13/2011 3:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Shaman
01/13/2011 2:25 PMPosted by Meej
Well, not to really defend the loss of intercept, but take into consideration the stun is a little longer so you can reposition into PH/HS range.

So what? It is on the dr, so you can count on it never being 3.5 sec unless you are the only one to touch your target.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
I don't want the lazy fix of giving me a longer stun so I can maybe get into melee position. What if I have a root or a slow on then what? Yea it's broken and taking away intercept just amplifies on the brokenness of it.
Reply Quote
I don't get that very much when I'm using charge, but i get it every once i awhile....
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
01/13/2011 2:25 PMPosted by Meej

It also has diminishing returns which means your 3rd charge won't stun and will be wasted.

It's clear Blizzard does not test their changes, nor do they spend the time required to learn and understand the practical use for class mechanics. They clearly see this game in a different "light" then the community does, and as such, make these changes in a vacuum. It's the only possible reason why these patch notes are littered with a ton of ignorant stuff that should have never even been put on the PTR for testing purposes.

Cancel your subscriptions if you only want to pvp - Ghostcrawler does not understand how to properly balance this game, and they are destroying pvp one patch at a time.

The best thing Blizzard can do now, is just admit their failures, remove arenas, battlegrounds, and Tol Barad/Wintergrasp from the game and just focus on make PvE content more engaging for all the carebears out there.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
corvanus... couldnt have said it better myself
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Warrior
If I had a HK for every time I ended up far away from the target I charged.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
I just want blizzard to stop playing so many mages/shammies and play a warrior. Do any of the developers have a warrior 2400+ rating? I bet not because they would know that their changes are beyond ridiculous.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]