Unable to Enter Utgarde Keep at level 68?!

(Locked)

Oky Doky here is my error

"you are too low level to enter this instance."

umm can't you enter it at level 65, and at level 68 use the Dungeon finger tool?

I can Que up for Utgarde Keep but I can Not enter it at the portal....

sooo has something changed or is it a bug or am I buged?

thanks in advance.

PS yes, I have checked if it was set to Heroic, it is not :-)
90 Blood Elf Mage
Not sure, could be related to item level.

Can I just point out something to.. I noticed you are balance spec. Cool (my main is too). I'm wondering why you have so much agility gear? Some of your gear could use upgrades to something closer to your level too - it'll give you much more 'thump' :p
I thought UK has always been 69, as with Nexus. I'm almost positive. And besides, hitting 69 doing NR quests takes about 39 minutes. Get cracking!

P.S. I know for sure that neither show up in your DF until 69.
Edited by Toejam on 1/16/2011 2:04 AM PST
90 Draenei Paladin
68 is the lowest for UK
Been Bosting this toon, so have just garbed what I would for her while running instances :-)
did not matter what it was, and some of the gear is very low level.
01/16/2011 2:01 AMPosted by Toejam

P.S. I know for sure that neither show up in your DF until 69.

Sorry to tell you that you are wrong.
but you are right that Nexus is not in my DF list at 68.

Utgarde Keep already is available to me and as I said in my original post

I can Que up for Utgarde Keep but I can Not enter it at the portal....

Edit: typo
Edited by Xar on 1/16/2011 10:00 AM PST
25 Night Elf Druid
Have you found the entrance?
01/16/2011 10:00 AMPosted by Thunderwulf
Have you found the entrance?

I can Que up for Utgarde Keep but I CAN NOT ENTER IT AT THE PORTAL....

you did read that right?
85 Human Priest
The new dungeon finder requires that you have to have entered the dungeon, without the teleport option, at least once. That means you have to run to the instance portal, get the "Entrance Discovered" notice on your screen, and if you're at all uncertain run inside on your own, before you can use the dungeon finder.

Doesn't matter if you could find it before. You have to go find it now to receive the credit that the dungeon finder requires.
01/16/2011 10:14 AMPosted by Gwydíon
The new dungeon finder requires that you have to have entered the dungeon, without the teleport option, at least once. That means you have to run to the instance portal, get the "Entrance Discovered" notice on your screen, and if you're at all uncertain run inside on your own, before you can use the dungeon finder.

Doesn't matter if you could find it before. You have to go find it now to receive the credit that the dungeon finder requires.

Is anyone Actually Reading what I have posted?!?!

I guess I must be Excruciatingly Explicit.
I am STANDING at the UK Portal In Howling Fjord when I try to Enter the Portal I get the message:
"you are too low level to enter this instance."

I am Level 68.
I can See and Que for UK using the Dungeon Finder.
I have Heroic Turned OFF
I have tried to enter the Portal in Howling Fjord AT UK while in a group
I have tried to enter the Portal in Howling Fjord AT UK while NOT in a group
I am Standing at the Summoning Stone for UK while I type this.

I am NOT trying to be a jerk, but it is getting frustrating not being able to enter UK
AND it is getting frustrating many don't seem to Read anymore before replying to posts.
85 Goblin Warlock
01/16/2011 10:35 AMPosted by Xar
I am Level 68
you very well are level 68, however you also have 3 level 50 items equipped. Try replacing those. AFAIK dungeons have a minimum ilvl requirement attached to be able to enter said dungeon. You can buy AH greens to replace those lvl 50 blues you are wearing to see if that remedies the situation.

Replace your, gloves, trinket, legs.

*edit grammar*
Edited by Ingersol on 1/16/2011 10:45 AM PST
64 Tauren Death Knight
Before you blow up at me, yes i have read, and i comprehend everything you've said.

I just wanted to ask..

are you SURE you're attempting to zone into UK and not UP?

/cower

/flee

[and i have no idea why people are obsessing over item level, if OP is not using rdf, it is irrelevant.]
Edited by Nobully on 1/16/2011 10:49 AM PST
90 Troll Hunter
You can't enter until 69. It has been like this since before 4.0. You will also not get it as a random until 70 and will have to specific queue for UK only until 70.

You cannot enter Nexus until 70.
Edited by Csiko on 1/16/2011 10:48 AM PST
100 Tauren Shaman
01/16/2011 10:48 AMPosted by Nobully

are you SURE you're attempting to zone into UK and not UP?

Only way it would say you cannot enter. I just went and checked and UK is 68-78
64 Tauren Death Knight
OK, I can see the reason for your frustration.. in the time it took me to post that, there were another 2 posts made by people who obviously didn't bother to read about your issue... you are forgiven, I'll take back my /cower and offer a /pat instead.

I stand by my theory that you're attempting to zone in to UP. :P
(which you would be too low level to manually walk into)

Humor me.
Where is the instance portal that you're attempting to zone into?
Is the instance portal outdoors?
or
Is the instance portal indoors?

When you're standing at the door to UP, the map will still read as Utgarde Keep.
100 Tauren Shaman
To add to the above, the minimum the enter UP is 75 without the dungeon finder.
Edited by Ferkus on 1/16/2011 11:16 AM PST
85 Draenei Paladin
01/16/2011 10:44 AMPosted by Ingersol
I am Level 68
you very well are level 68, however you also have 3 level 50 items equipped. Try replacing those. AFAIK dungeons have a minimum ilvl requirement attached to be able to enter said dungeon. You can buy AH greens to replace those lvl 50 blues you are wearing to see if that remedies the situation.

Replace your, gloves, trinket, legs.

*edit grammar*
That shouldn't matter for stepping through the portal, solo. The LFD stops you yes, but I don't believe the Instances themselves do at all.
86 Goblin Warlock
The gear requirements only are for the new dungeons introduced late in WoTLK and all the new dungeons in Cata.

Having to discover it of course I do believe applies to all heroics.
OK, I can see the reason for your frustration.. in the time it took me to post that, there were another 2 posts made by people who obviously didn't bother to read about your issue... you are forgiven, I'll take back my /cower and offer a /pat instead.

I stand by my theory that you're attempting to zone in to UP. :P
(which you would be too low level to manually walk into)

Humor me.
Where is the instance portal that you're attempting to zone into?
Is the instance portal outdoors?
or
Is the instance portal indoors?
When you're standing at the door to UP, the map will still read as Utgarde Keep.

Thank you...

The Instance Portal Outdoors, by the Summoning Stone.

When I tried to enter while IN a group, the others were able to enter UK which said it was UK and the Location of the others IN the group, In the dungeon had the Location of being In the UK Instance.

also, maybe I should have stated that I have (7) 80's and (2) 85's already and I have been playing WoW since the first beta if that helps anyone to understand that I really do know what, for the most part, I am talking about :-)

I AM using RAF, but I am Boosting this toon with a level 85 paladin.
so Having exact gear is not really needed.

I have run the UK instance many many many many ZzzZzzzzz times while leveling many toons and this is the first time I have ever NOT been able to enter it with a level 68 toon
and that is my problem.

100 Tauren Shaman
Since you are at the outside portal, that means you are trying to get in the UP portal. The UK portal is down below
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]