Shift Modifier

85 Undead Warlock
Currently none of my macros are working, they all used to work
/cast [nomodifier] Fear
/cast [modifier:shift, target=focus] Fear

my basic macro just the spell is changed each time
i have tried get rid of the macro and using the games shift modifer also. still not working
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Similiar issue for me, I can't get shift mod macros to work either. All I get is the nomod spell, never the shift-mod spell.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Check your keybindings. The default for shift+number is action bar paging.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Not sure on Warlockone's side, but I checked. Shift + = is not bound to anything. Still nothing. Gave up on the macro for now and gave the move it's own action bar slot.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Just tested this macro and had no problems. Don't know what to tell you.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
Check if any of your addons are using the Shift+Key binding

and try

/cast [@focus,mod:shift] [] Fear
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
i tried /cast [@focus,mod:shift] [] Fear
how do i add the modifier to it? for non
Reply Quote
84 Tauren Druid
I don't know if it's required, but you should have a semicolon between lines.

/cast [nomodifier] Fear; <-------- the semicolon goes here

Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
01/16/2011 6:57 PMPosted by Warlockone
i tried /cast [@focus,mod:shift] [] Fear
how do i add the modifier to it? for non
That macro says:

If I'm holding shift cast Fear on my focus, if I'm not holding shift cast Fear on my target.

The empty brackets tell the macro to cast the spell as it would normally be cast.

I don't know if it's required, but you should have a semicolon between lines.

/cast [nomodifier] Fear; <-------- the semicolon goes here
You don't need that.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
i have come down to that conclusion. it must be my razor naga, and razor lycros keyboard doing this. shift + keypad or 1-9 action bar. does not seem to be working. and i have cleared all keybinds involving shift to make sure that is not the issue.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Shift+numpad is problematic as for example, shift+2 is by windows defined as down arrow. I'd steer clear of shift+numpad (that is if you're talking about the numpad)
Edited by Sedivy on 1/16/2011 10:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
01/16/2011 10:13 PMPosted by Sedivy
Shift+numpad is problematic as for example, shift+2 is by windows defined as down arrow. I'd steer clear of shift+numpad (that is if you're talking about the numpad)

could i remove that somehow? to make the use of my numpad possible, because i use a razer naga mouse.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
You could try
http://www.randyrants.com/2008/12/sharpkeys_30.html
and see if it will do it. Shift+numpad keys are often skipped in these types of programs but this one is pretty good. Try and see.

I should add, be advised that this little program will get into your registry and try to completely remap the key. That means the whole shift+4=left arrow etc. functionality is lost. In windows. Not just in wow.
If it's able to do it that is.

Oh and apparently naga on the bottom has a switch to switch between numpad and 1,2,3 function. Why is nobody mentioning this? Sigh..
Anyway, you want the 1,2,3 config for modifiers and stuff. Remap your autorun to something else then as / won't work anymore (or whatever the default was).
Edited by Sedivy on 1/17/2011 8:11 AM PST
Reply Quote
71 Orc Death Knight
01/16/2011 10:13 PMPosted by Sedivy

I can confirm this.
I'm using a Razer Naga(It can use the Numpad for the additional buttons), and shift+ a few of the buttons don't work, alt or ctrl do however.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]