Clearly Feral was OP (numbers)

90 Night Elf Druid
01/17/2011 12:37 AMPosted by Tigwig
Wait, what the hell. There are three MOONKINS on that list. Those brave, noble souls. How are they doing it?

Casters usually do better at the beginning of the season and melee at the end. Enjoy seeing any moonkins at all on the list while you can.

Expect them to drop off as time goes on, sooner rather than later now they they are also losing a lot of what little cc and control and escape they had with the roots/shapeshifing/naturesgraps nerfs.

Yes some buffs to damage coming but they can't buff damage much without PVE getting out of balance so I think the survivability nerfs will dominate eventually.

Really? I always thought it was the opposite: melee starting out strong with caster DPS shining as they gain more survivability with resilience. Maybe I just have a scarred memory from all those caster teams lighting my cat up in Wrath.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
01/17/2011 12:10 AMPosted by Covaz
THIS WEEKS LIST

1. Resto Shaman - 58
2. Affliction lock - 52
3. Frost Mage - 49
4. Holy Pally - 34
5. Shadow Priest - 30
5. Unholy DK - 30
7. Resto Druid - 24
8. Arms Warrior - 18
9. Enhance Shaman - 17
9. Sub Rogue - 17
9. Ass. Rogue - 17
12. Feral Druid - 8
13. Surv. Hunter - 5
14. Demo lock - 4
15. Destro lock - 3
15. Disc. Priest - 3
15. Boomkin - 3
18. Fire Mage - 2
18. Frost DK - 2
20. Elemental Shaman - 1
20. Holy Priest - 1
20. Arcane Mage - 1

Top 20 teams: 3v3

Bloodlust:

R. Shaman: 11
E. Shaman: 0
Warlock:8
R. Druid : 2
F. Druid : 1
Paladin:6
Rogue:4
Mage:9
DK:9
s.Priest:4
Warrior :2
Hunter:1

Cyclone:

R. Shaman: 13
E. Shaman: 1
Warlock:5
R. Druid : 1
F. Druid : 3
Paladin:9
Mage:6
DK:3
s.Priest:0
Warrior :7
Hunter:0

Ruin:

R. Shaman:9
E. Shaman:2
Warlock:10
R. Druid : 5
F. Druid : 3
Paladin:5
Mage:4
DK:5
s.Priest:1
Warrior :7

Reckoning:

R. Shaman:10
E. Shaman:5
Warlock:9
R. Druid : 2
F. Druid : 1
Rogue:3
Mage:9
DK:6
s.Priest:4
d.priest:2
Warrior :4

Stormstrike:

R. Shaman:10
E. Shaman:3
Warlock:12
R. Druid : 5
F. Druid : 2
Rogue:5
Mage:8
DK:2
s.Priest:3
d.priest:0
Warrior :9

Parse Script [Parsing 20000 arena teams in 3v3 over 2000]

R. Shaman:
E. Shaman:
Warlock:
R. Druid :
F. Druid :
Paladin:
R.Paladin:
Rogue:
Mage:
DK:
S.Priest:
D.Priest:
Warrior:
Hunter:

Glad no one at Blizzard has any idea of what the are doing.

Such a fail statistic by OP. You can't draw any concrete evidence that druids are op or not. ONLY ASSUMPTIONS and SPECULATION. if you have no idea what im talking about, go take a statistics class.

Note: Blizzard won't do anything about this half assed statistic...maybe laugh at you druids.
Edited by Goobersan on 1/27/2011 9:03 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
heh heh, ok mage or "Best Beloved of Blizz" The most Oped classes are played and enjoy success and have higher representation thus the high number of mages-well they are the easiest to play too- vs ferals.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
someone should get on damage dealing, and yell that blink should break roots/snares
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
Late to this thread.

01/17/2011 12:51 AMPosted by Syronas
Also you only mentioned 3v3. What about 2v2, I'd argue that an OP class has more of an effect there, than 3v3 where it's more about team-play and not solo-OPness..

Just wanted to laugh at you defeating your own argument since 2s don't matter anymore.
Reply Quote
all this qq over a shapeshift nerf isnt really warranted. the only reason all u guys are complaining is because u cant counter the dreaded frost mage. they are the only class in the game other than urselves (roots) that can spam cc. besides more than half of u guys complaining are rerolls when cata came out because ferels where dominating.
Reply Quote
01/27/2011 8:57 AMPosted by Goobersan
Such a fail statistic by OP. You can't draw any concrete evidence that druids are op or not. ONLY ASSUMPTIONS and SPECULATION.

if they were really as OP as people said, wouldn't they be stomping through arena in droves, not a brief trickle here and there?
Reply Quote
P.S. - You should try using ring of frost. Whenever I drop ring of frost around a feral druid they either a) run away scared or, b) die before they can get back on top of me.

tl;dr, you should learn (to play and/or to think) before typing in the forums.

Well yeah i could see a feral doing that in the 900s bracket but lets pretend they dont have downs, they either jump over it charge through it or go around it.

tl;dr rofl lol Learn to get to 1000 in arena before posting about pvp kthxbai
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
01/28/2011 8:02 AMPosted by Winterhoof
Such a fail statistic by OP. You can't draw any concrete evidence that druids are op or not. ONLY ASSUMPTIONS and SPECULATION.

if they were really as OP as people said, wouldn't they be stomping through arena in droves, not a brief trickle here and there?

Nah see, they are both super OP AND the default choice of bad players. So like, if they even close to decent, its because they are too damn op.
Reply Quote
Nah see, they are both super OP AND the default choice of bad players. So like, if they even close to decent, its because they are too damn op.

and Miirkat and them are just average players that just happened to roll OP spec of Forever

good lord....imagine if someone GOOD actually played the class! They'd kill people before the arena gates opened!
Edited by Winterhoof on 1/29/2011 9:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Worst melee will be worster in 4.0.6.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
01/25/2011 8:59 PMPosted by Robesieox
Cue the frost mages and aff locks to come and make a lot of hand-waving arguments about why arena representation doesn't mean anything, nothing to see here, move along and pay no attention to the man behind the curtain

Arena representation does'nt mean anything, this is the same old argument, pitfiul attempt really *waves hand* *mirror image fades* *walks away from curtain*
"......These aren't the Droids you're looking for.."
Reply Quote
19 Gnome Mage
1. Resto Shaman - 58
2. Affliction lock - 52
3. Frost Mage - 49
4. Holy Pally - 34
5. Shadow Priest - 30
5. Unholy DK - 30
7. Resto Druid - 24
8. Arms Warrior - 18
9. Enhance Shaman - 17
9. Sub Rogue - 17
9. Ass. Rogue - 17
12. Feral Druid - 8
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
01/27/2011 8:57 AMPosted by Goobersan

Such a fail statistic by OP. You can't draw any concrete evidence that druids are op or not. ONLY ASSUMPTIONS and SPECULATION. if you have no idea what im talking about, go take a statistics class.

Note: Blizzard won't do anything about this half assed statistic...maybe laugh at you druids.

So what you are saying is that the stats that show what classes are being played the most in arena doesn't show what classes are being the most effective in arena? LOL

Here is a clue sunshine, if the class has little to no people playing it then you might want to look at why. Its not like people are out there going, "Oh feral is so OP, I refuse to play it in arena because that would disgrace the competitive nature of the game. I will stick it out with one of these harder to play classes until they nerf feral druids."
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid

Or maybe you should actually get an "A" in your statistics class.

Druids are one of the most played classes in the game.
Based on that we should be seeing more on this list, but we don't.

Again. Maybe you should pass your statistics class.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid

Or maybe you should actually get an "A" in your statistics class.

Druids are one of the most played classes in the game.
Based on that we should be seeing more on this list, but we don't.

Again. Maybe you should pass your statistics class.
or at least browse the the cliff notes.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid

I hope the devs get kicked in the nuts.

Doesnt that require nuts to begin with?

Zing.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Covaz
Covaz
Bonechewer
Covaz
85 Tauren Druid
Civilian

Edited by Covaz on 1/17/11 8:37 AM (UTC)
THIS WEEKS LIST

1. Resto Shaman - 58
2. Affliction lock - 52
3. Frost Mage - 49
4. Holy Pally - 34
5. Shadow Priest - 30
5. Unholy DK - 30
7. Resto Druid - 24
8. Arms Warrior - 18
9. Enhance Shaman - 17
9. Sub Rogue - 17
9. Ass. Rogue - 17

I dont understand the point of this post, but to me top 10 class played looks like
75 shaman
52 locks
49 mage
etc...
bottom of the list are druids, warriors, rogues...
what was the point this thread was trying to make again? because I dont see any except there are a lot of shamans.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]