Clearly Feral was OP (numbers)

85 Night Elf Druid
please tell me your kidding when you put us on second dmg.. where is the mage in this i mean honestly 60k shatter combos are fair i forgot.

Then roll a mage or bring it up in the mage forums.

It seems to me that 99% of this QQ over the nerf is related directly to mages. Guess what? This game doesn't revolve around your performance against mages in duels.
Seems to revolved around us in all duels. We are(were) good in one on one against most specs-dk and mages aside.
Edited by Forestlord on 1/17/2011 9:11 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
01/17/2011 6:03 AMPosted by Shyfft
Our mobility, cc-resilience, and ridiculous bleeds in concert were way, way strong. I'm fine taking a hit to the bleeds. But to hit us on all three fronts at once - one of those being a fundamental keystone that makes the calss what it is (the root-breaking thing)... that's just wrong.

At 1975 Achievement Points you are an obvious alt and troll. Try playing for more than a week before you begin to be able to pretend you understand if we are or are not "OP" on live.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
01/17/2011 5:32 AMPosted by Zzaty
Feral druids are overpowered, however much you do or don't want to believe it.
Virtually unpeelable and probably the second highest damage(under warriors) in addition to a pummel were never meant to go with each other.
The same for shaman having dispel and tremor which is why that is also getting fixed.

Feral druids are overpowered by what measurement? You got beat by one?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
01/17/2011 9:08 AMPosted by Daedae
Seems to revolved us in all duels. We are(were) good in one on one against most specs.

You still will be, you'll just have a slightly harder time against mages and warriors.

I really do hope they nerf mages a little bit. They truly do have too many root effects, and I hope that Blizzard addresses it.

We'll have to wait and see. From all the commotion going on one thing that everybody can agree with, even mages themselves, is that their auto-cc and manual cc abilities combined are simply over the top.
the question is how badly our lack mobility will impact defense and offense (in addition to the other nerfs of course). I think it will be big. we'll see.
Reply Quote
13 Troll Mage
01/17/2011 12:51 AMPosted by Syronas

Also you only mentioned 3v3. What about 2v2, I'd argue that an OP class has more of an effect there, than 3v3 where it's more about team-play and not solo-OPness..

Blizzard says 2s doesnt matter. they have for years and still do today. They say they balance around 3s and 5s. So I'd say that since 3s is the more played of the two that 3s is the perfect thing to look at.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
01/17/2011 8:54 AMPosted by Daedae
please tell me your kidding when you put us on second dmg.. where is the mage in this i mean honestly 60k shatter combos are fair i forgot.

Then roll a mage or bring it up in the mage forums.

It seems to me that 99% of this QQ over the nerf is related directly to mages. Guess what? This game doesn't revolve around your performance against mages in duels.

Why were were nerfed because of their performance against us. Go back to the Dk forums, no one thinks anything you have to say is valid.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
01/17/2011 8:52 AMPosted by Daedae
You're %#@@ing kidding, right? S7 was pretty mediocre and I wouldn't argue with the notion that we were overnerfed after Shadowfrost went rampant, rolling faces in such a fashion that had never been seen before. However, we were very strong contenders for the remainder of WotLK. There were plenty of DK's in the top 100 of 2v2, 3v3 (imagine that, we had a place in 3s)...

I'm not talking about our abilities to be competitive in arenas, I'm referring to our representation. After s5 our representation went from being at the top to a steady fall to the bottom. By s7 we were dead last, and s7 lasted a very, very long time.

You're also a Dual-Wield Frost DK. You're doing it wrong right out of the gate.

[...]
You also brought up a great point, since this is the druid forums... you say I should respec to UH to be competitive? Well, druids, respec to Resto if you want to be competitive, then.

That's all hyperbole, of course. Ferals will still be competitive, just like I am still competitive. I just transferred to Burning Blade last night, did 6 arena matches with our new team and won 5 of them, only team that beat us was Hunter/Holy Paladin/Warrior, and it came down to a 2v2 and was damn close to the end.

Any UH DK wants to bring it I revel in their destruction, you won't stand a chance.

You totally missed my points.

First, how much sense would it make for them to balance the game around how many people play a specific class? How would they even go about doing this? Are you trying to hint that Blizzard has devised a scheme to lower the Druid population or something?

The nerf to Druid mobility hasn't been clearly justified by anyone. Even Mages who are potentially the most affected by Feral shifting are scratching their heads at this. It doesn't make the slightest bit of sense.

Also, congratulations on being lucky number 2. As in, the second person to come in, clearly miss the point, and parade that their Class/spec is weak in representation numbers. There are plenty of specs under Feral on the list, but there are just as many above it, which again brings up the question: Why?

Reply Quote
87 Goblin Mage
Fire and arcane need buffs. Glad you pointed that out.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
01/17/2011 5:14 PMPosted by Bungledorf
Fire and arcane need buffs. Glad you pointed that out.

Good thing there isn't an arms-length list of Mage changes on the PTR notes.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
01/17/2011 5:59 PMPosted by Utility
I don't think his intention was to say that people under x rating don't matter. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say he used the highest ratings because it gives an idea of the classes potential when played be a very skilled player. That's all we can really ask isnt it? That our class has potential? Can't really force a player to do well. Until blizz removes all frost mage buttons except ice lance and adds a damage modifier that is.

I can see an argument for trying to balance classes around being legit in both the extreme skill levels with perfect groups as well as pugging-type scenarios. None of that has anything to do with the fact that when they went after ferals they hit us in pretty much every department, whereas classes already outperforming us were getting minor tweaks. It really makes one wonder if they have anyone who plays our class working for them :D
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
01/17/2011 11:06 AMPosted by Ellesîme
ya, this is exactly what i've been saying all along.

feral is the 2nd lowest rep melee, ahead of only rets.

and we're getting gutted.

they say they are "removing hard counters", yet they are introducing more hard counters with this change.

it just doesn't make any sense at all.

/applaud.

I'm getting off this sinking ship. You kids are welcome to go down with it, but I for sure ain't going to be singing looney tunes with the Captain while he gets wet behind the ears.

Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
01/17/2011 12:27 AMPosted by Thunderhorne
Wait, what the hell. There are three MOONKINS on that list. Those brave, noble souls. How are they doing it?

I'm more worried about that one Elemental shaman...poor bastard must be a window licker if he's PvPing as Ele voluntarily.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
01/17/2011 6:23 AMPosted by Cirocco
You deserve a nerf. You need a nerf. I think them nerfing your berserk is retarted. They just needed to greatly decrease the damage your dots do.

Btw, no other class in game can eat through me like feral druids can. Not even close.

Then you somehow haven't run across a half-competent mage or warrior yet, because they pull higher DPS than ferals do, right now, on live.

My PvE-geared, PvE-specced, ilvl 345 mage does more damage in Tol Barad than my druid. Those 5 CP, TF+trinket-boosted Rip crits are indeed awesome... on ONE target, with a long ramp-up time and blowing all our resources. Good players in arenas & BGs don't let us do that, or stop it afterward with various defensive cooldowns. Post-nerf, any mage who can find his Frost Nova key or any warlock/hunter/priest/warrior who can find his fear key can completely stop us from doing it.

Again, the numbers don't lie. The fact that you, personally, have a hard time coping with feral druids is just anecdotal.

Pointless argument. cause i can..

A. LOS mages.

B. CC warriors.

I can't do any one of these against feral druids because you are immune to everything. And you are full of crap. You do way more dps than warriors and mages. I've 1vs1'ed some of the top mages/warriors on my server. Yes, they beat me. But they didnt own me like feral druids can. They were also geared in the best gear. Then some feral comes along in crap gear and still does more dps. It's almost LOL.

This isnt a personal experience. It's obviously global because i'm not the only one complaining about the OPness of feral druids.

Again, you deserve a nerf. You need a nerf. And i'm glad you are getting it.

Reply Quote
01/17/2011 8:27 PMPosted by Lilbunnyfufu

The fact that I'm hearing this from a druid is just sad. I play resto too, you know. I've played every druid spec. One day you'll want to play feral, you'll realize how utterly worthless the spec is without fear & root breaks, and you'll feel like an idiot.

I actually agree that our bleeds do too much damage. Mages and warriors do too, whatever your anecdotal experience -- and both of those classes do way better in PvP than ferals due to having better utility -- but leaving that aside, the solution is to lower bleed damage, not to gut the spec by removing a core ability we've had for 6 years.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
01/17/2011 8:27 PMPosted by Lilbunnyfufu

Then you somehow haven't run across a half-competent mage or warrior yet, because they pull higher DPS than ferals do, right now, on live.

My PvE-geared, PvE-specced, ilvl 345 mage does more damage in Tol Barad than my druid. Those 5 CP, TF+trinket-boosted Rip crits are indeed awesome... on ONE target, with a long ramp-up time and blowing all our resources. Good players in arenas & BGs don't let us do that, or stop it afterward with various defensive cooldowns. Post-nerf, any mage who can find his Frost Nova key or any warlock/hunter/priest/warrior who can find his fear key can completely stop us from doing it.

Again, the numbers don't lie. The fact that you, personally, have a hard time coping with feral druids is just anecdotal.

Pointless argument. cause i can..

A. LOS mages.

B. CC warriors.

I can't do any one of these against feral druids because you are immune to everything. And you are full of crap. You do way more dps than warriors and mages. I've 1vs1'ed some of the top mages/warriors on my server. Yes, they beat me. But they didnt own me like feral druids can. They were also geared in the best gear. Then some feral comes along in crap gear and still does more dps. It's almost LOL.

This isnt a personal experience. It's obviously global because i'm not the only one complaining about the OPness of feral druids.

Don't you just hate it when players who have done almost no PVP make statements about PVP, lilbunnyfufu?

They should just listen to authoritarian figures like yourself, who are far more experienced and proven so in meaningful ways.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]